• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally booked GF. I never thought I would, but the rate for Garden View for my trip in September was the same as my Savannah Room at AKL. I wanted all ten nights at AKL, but it wasn't available, so I had to do a split. when I called in my special room requests, I asked for 4th floor in either Conch Key and if all else fails, I told them Sago Key. I really didn't want a room facing that pool structure that you can get at either Boca Chica or Big Pine Key. Has anyone here actually even gotten a Garden View room at Sago Key? Do you see the monorail? Any info on my requests and about Sago would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

We have stayed in Sago many times. Always had a view of the marina and loved it, until the trees grew and blocked the view. Had an upper floor, non dormer, non connecting room. Loved it there!

Depending on which side of Sago Key your room is on, you could have a view of the monorail. Some rooms have a view of monorail going by and others have view of marina.

We stayed in Conch Key last year and the side of bldg. we were on had a view of monorail AND marina. It was beautiful. I don't think you could go wrong with either building

I'm heading back to GF for a conference in September. Last time I was in Sago Key, top floor, marina side. I LOVED this view! I am now able to do online check-in, but the options aren't very good at all. Without being a touring plans subscriber, how do you suggest doing a room request?

I'm heading back to GF for a conference in September. Last time I was in Sago Key, top floor, marina side. I LOVED this view! I am now able to do online check-in, but the options aren't very good at all. Without being a touring plans subscriber, how do you suggest doing a room request?

I've heard to call Disney straight up and ask (as others have mentioned on this thread) We had only floor level requests for ours just like others and it was suggested you call and tell them your preferences. It's what we'll be doing

I agree with the PP, just call the main reservation line and ask to have your requests noted on your reservation. Until Disney overhauls their current (worthless) online check-in room request options and we see a somewhat consistent pattern of them actually being a legitimate way to enter requests, I will be leaving the online options blank for every resort for the time being. (Just my opinion).

I agree with the PP, just call the main reservation line and ask to have your requests noted on your reservation. Until Disney overhauls their current (worthless) online check-in room request options and we see a somewhat consistent pattern of them actually being a legitimate way to enter requests, I will be leaving the online options blank for every resort for the time being. (Just my opinion).

I have the same opinion.

I finally booked GF. I never thought I would, but the rate for Garden View for my trip in September was the same as my Savannah Room at AKL. I wanted all ten nights at AKL, but it wasn't available, so I had to do a split. when I called in my special room requests, I asked for 4th floor in either Conch Key and if all else fails, I told them Sago Key. I really didn't want a room facing that pool structure that you can get at either Boca Chica or Big Pine Key. Has anyone here actually even gotten a Garden View room at Sago Key? Do you see the monorail? Any info on my requests and about Sago would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
When I stayed in Sago Key I'd requested it and was hoping for marina view (I have a love of boats) but got the other side & found watching the monorail to be just as good!

I've heard to call Disney straight up and ask (as others have mentioned on this thread) We had only floor level requests for ours just like others and it was suggested you call and tell them your preferences. It's what we'll be doing

I have the same opinion.

When I stayed in Sago Key I'd requested it and was hoping for marina view (I have a love of boats) but got the other side & found watching the monorail to be just as good!

Thanks all!

Happy Friday morning to all!!! So excited that Sunday is the last day for our magicbands to be customized (lol....but of course we did that MONTHS ago :rotfl:) so they should be shipping next week. The arrival of that little box is always so exciting.:Pinkbounc

For those discussing Sago Cay, this is our preferred building as we love the quiet location away from the pools and the proximity to Gaspie's and the bus stop.

For those discussing Sago Cay, this is our preferred building as we love the quiet location away from the pools and the proximity to Gaspie's and the bus stop.
We were watching the fireworks from the marina in front of Gaspy's and wanted to get back a taxi back to the BC. I was curious as to whether or not we could have headed towards the monorail instead of going around the building and through the lobby, the long way around. A CM told us that we had to go through the lobby but I still wonder if I could have gone the other way.

We were watching the fireworks from the marina in front of Gaspy's and wanted to get back a taxi back to the BC. I was curious as to whether or not we could have headed towards the monorail instead of going around the building and through the lobby, the long way around. A CM told us that we had to go through the lobby but I still wonder if I could have gone the other way.

When we are going from Sago to the front for buses, we walk around the main building end closest to Sago and the bus stop is right there. If getting a taxi or going to monorail, I think it is just as easy to walk past Gaspie's and into the main building and go thru the lobby although walking the other way past the bus stop would work too.

Has anyone ever felt like GF was too fufu? Does it have an "air" about it or does staying there "feel" like any other deluxe?

Has anyone ever felt like GF was too fufu? Does it have an "air" about it or does staying there "feel" like any other deluxe?

I was very worried the very first time that we stayed there when my kids were small that it might be to "fufu." However, that changed the second I entered the lobby. We were treated very well. At no time during our eight stays did we ever feel like it was "fufu." I have never stayed at another deluxe resort. I probably won't either after staying at the GF! It really is a special place. Can't wait to get back there one day, after kids are out of college in a few years!

I was very worried the very first time that we stayed there when my kids were small that it might be to "fufu." However, that changed the second I entered the lobby. We were treated very well. At no time during our eight stays did we ever feel like it was "fufu." I have never stayed at another deluxe resort. I probably won't either after staying at the GF! It really is a special place. Can't wait to get back there one day, after kids are out of college in a few years!

I'm hoping we'll have the same experience when we stay there for Halloween. Anyone know if the resort does anything special for Halloween?

The Grand definitely feels more elegant to us than other deluxe resorts. The Wilderness Lodge has a very comfortable, homey feel to us. The Beach Club has a fun and relaxed atmosphere. But the Grand feels like you have to be on your best behavior. Once we got used to it we relaxed and enjoyed our time there. :) It isn't our favorite resort but we do like it.

The Grand definitely feels more elegant to us than other deluxe resorts. The Wilderness Lodge has a very comfortable, homey feel to us. The Beach Club has a fun and relaxed atmosphere. But the Grand feels like you have to be on your best behavior. Once we got used to it we relaxed and enjoyed our time there. :) It isn't our favorite resort but we do like it.
Eek! I am not on my best behaviour! I am on holiday (OK, still reasonably behaved, but, you know what I mean) I hope we will enjoy it!

Eek! I am not on my best behaviour! I am on holiday (OK, still reasonably behaved, but, you know what I mean) I hope we will enjoy it!

You most likely will. When visiting the GF for a meal, shopping, etc we used to feel like we were at Grandma's house and had to be on our best behavior. But within the 1st hour of checking in we felt like we were at home and could relax and let loose. We have a totally different opinion of it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter