2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are excited, too! We'll be there from January 4th (at midnight! :scared1:) until January 9th. I hope the weather is warmer this year for marathon weekend than it was last year! :cold:

I hope the famous Teena will be working; I'd love to meet her.

Our trips overlap! I'm coming down with my parents and 2 other friends (and anyone else I can convince between now and then *grins*) from January 6th to the 10th for the marathon. I'm not so worried about the weather once the race starts, but I'll cry if I'm standing in a parking lot at 4 AM in snow! :scared1:

Our family (DH, DW, DD(8)) have never stayed at Beach Club before. (We usually stay at GF, WL, WLV, BLT, AKL.) Does anyone have any advise on specific rooms or locations to request (not Club Level)? Thanks!

Welcome to the BC and the BC thread! I hope you love both as much as we do! As for room requests, Teena (our resident CM expert on the BC/YC thread) advises that guests not request specific rooms because if those rooms are not available on your specific dates, the room assignors will put you in any room in your reserved category. Instead, she suggests determining what room features are important to you and listing those. She notes that the fewer requests you list, the more likely the room assignors will be able to satisfy them.

I'll share our experience in case it's helpful to you. We are taking advantage of the new room categories and reserving a garden view room for just $10 more per night. I agree with Teena - this is a great deal! We stayed at BC twice this year, and reserved standard view both times. We were so lucky to have a room overlooking trees and the Illuminations fireworks in March, and an upgrade to water view in July! But we're not certain we will be as fortunate in the future, so we reserved garden view.

I think all of BC is relatively compact, so we don't request "near Epcot" or "near the lobby," but some guests do. You might also want to consider whether a full balcony is important to you. Some BC balconies are "standing room only" and others have two chairs and a little table. We enjoy sitting on the balcony in the morning and after the kids go to sleep, so we request "full balcony."

Hope this helps! :wizard:

Hey everyone. We just returned from our 1st ever yacht club stay. we are normally Beach club stayers, every year for the last 4 years, but decided to try the Yacht. I had lotsa reservations about doing this thinking that the yacht is too dark and too isolated than the beach club is.
I was thankfully mistaken by my reservations. The resort is right up there with the beach club. It was worth the try. The only downfall is the walk to the room. we were past the gazebo section. Honestly I cant complain it was long but i mean you walk all darn day, whats another few extra steps.
there were alot of guests complaining about that though, alot calling it the mile walk to their room...people are just so lazy these days.

Although I wish I had a direct connect to Mother Nature, unfortuntely I don't. Coming in late November, early December, you have to be ready for hot, warm, cool and cold. I've experienced 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's during that time frame in different years. Definitely bring your bathing suit but also bring a warm coat ... you might need both on different days. Florida is like that starting mid-November and going into late-March.

Yup!

We were in WDW the week before Xmas 2008. When we got there, it got to the upper 40s at night the first couple of days. Then on Dec. 26th, we had to go get shorts as the temps had gone up to the mid 80s. We were prepared for warmer weather, but not THAT warm!.

If you booked a standard room beware your view could be a roof or parking lot . . . view of the courtyard or a garden . . . $10 more a night

I didn't see the $10.00 option available for the Beach Club online for this December, is it just for reservations in 2011? TIA

Good Afternoon everyone,

We (DH and DW) have never stayed at Beach Club, but this is our DVC home... We have a trip planned for May here and wanted to know if anyone could share any tips or hints for staying in DVC rooms. This trip in May we are staying in a deluxe studio, did not know if we should request anything special.

I read the previous post on requests but was not sure how the DVC rooms differed from the Rack rooms.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Brandi

Our only request was 2 rooms together. That shouldn't be a problem, should it?

No, shouldn't be a problem, but there is no guarantee. Since you only are requesting one thing, it will be much easier for the room assignor. If you get there and you don't have rooms next to each other, ask them if you could get rooms together the next day and do a room change.

We are almost ready to book at BCV! :cool1: Looking for opinions about good rooms. My requests now are 1)5th or 4th floor 2)We would prefer a dedicated studio (vs. an adjoining) and 3)We'd like a view of Epcot, but that's not a deal breaker. Any thoughts/recommendations?

Regarding the garden view rooms at BC, I was just checking our reservations and our garden view is actually only $6 more per night than a standard room during value season in February - an even better deal than I thought! :wizard:

We have just returned from our 1st ever stay at the BC and WOW we loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 14 nights of pure bliss

While checking in I asked if my one request for a full balcony was met and was told no but that they would call housekeeping and see what was available. As it was after 9pm at night and there were 5 of us so needed the day bed i didn't hold out much hope. Anyway a few mins later we were veery happy when we were told there was a room available. Imagine our delight a few mins later when we reached our room and went out onto the balcony to discover our wonderful view, We had only booked a standard room but our view overlooked the volleyball court and onto the lake and looking towards the swan/dolphin hotel.

We were in room 2569 and loved its location, less than a 5 min walk to Epcot close to a single elavator and a quiet pool. We also walked to DHS and it took no more than 15 mins, one night we left the studios same time as the boat and we beat the boat back to the BC.

Our only negative about the BC is the lack of CS places to eat especially for breakfast, I do enjoy pancakes in the morning and that was the only thing I didn't like about the resort.

Now the saving begins for the next trip but don't think we will be back until oct 2012 but will definately be at the BC

Regarding the garden view rooms at BC, I was just checking our reservations and our garden view is actually only $6 more per night than a standard room during value season in February - an even better deal than I thought! :wizard:

:woohoo:

Quick question...just curious...are there any standing room only balconies..(aka Evita Balcony;) ) on CL floor? Just wondering if its a known fact that all CL rooms have a full balcony.

Thanks much:)

We are almost ready to book at BCV! :cool1: Looking for opinions about good rooms. My requests now are 1)5th or 4th floor 2)We would prefer a dedicated studio (vs. an adjoining) and 3)We'd like a view of Epcot, but that's not a deal breaker. Any thoughts/recommendations?

Quick question...just curious...are there any standing room only balconies..(aka Evita Balcony;) ) on CL floor? Just wondering if its a known fact that all CL rooms have a full balcony.

Thanks much:)

Yes, there are eight standing room only balconies on the BC CL floor.

Way too many requests!! Limit it to one and keep your fingers crossed since the BCV is fully booked every day! The chances of a room with all your three requests is going to be vacated on the day you arrive is slim to none. In the BCV, guests are lucky to get one request filled. It's just the nature of the beast. Since it is always full, not only does a room with those requests have to be vacated on the day you are arriving, but your length of stay must fill a hole. It's like a huge puzzle. Just think about studios for the moment. List them all in a long line on a piece of paper. Then put the calendar across the front, day by day. As people are here, you fill in the blocks. A block can NEVER not be filled in or it creates a hole and if a resort is booked full every single night, a hole cannot exist. So there might be only 9 studios being vacated on the day you arrive ... the chance of one of them being dedicated and on the 4th and 5th floor is hard enough ... add a view into it is making it worse. If your only request is 4th or 5th floor, you have a much better chance of getting that. If a room assignor sees no room fits all your requests, they have no idea if any of those 3 requests are more important, so they very well might just give you any dedicated studio being vacated that day even if it's on the 1st floor. If you limit your request to one thing, you have sooooo much a better chance of getting it. The BCV is really really hard to get your request met because it's always full. AND PLEASE REMEMBER, REQUESTS ARE NOT GUARANTEES. THERE IS A CHANCE YOU WILL NOT GET ANY OF YOUR REQUESTS. Don't let it ruin your vacation!!! At the Villas particularly, you should go into your vacation knowing there's a chance you won't get any of your requests and know that's the way it is. If you get there and your one request is met, be delighted, and think it's just a magical way to start your vacation. Just my opinion!!

OK, after reading this entire thread, I am now ready to make a room request. However, I went to my reservation confirmation and can't find a phone number on it anywhere except for the one to make dining reservations.

Does anyone know what number to call to make a room request?

Thanks so much for your help!

Way too many requests!! Limit it to one and keep your fingers crossed since the BCV is fully booked every day! The chances of a room with all your three requests is going to be vacated on the day you arrive is slim to none. In the BCV, guests are lucky to get one request filled. It's just the nature of the beast. Since it is always full, not only does a room with those requests have to be vacated on the day you are arriving, but your length of stay must fill a hole. It's like a huge puzzle. Just think about studios for the moment. List them all in a long line on a piece of paper. Then put the calendar across the front, day by day. As people are here, you fill in the blocks. A block can NEVER not be filled in or it creates a hole and if a resort is booked full every single night, a hole cannot exist. So there might be only 9 studios being vacated on the day you arrive ... the chance of one of them being dedicated and on the 4th and 5th floor is hard enough ... add a view into it is making it worse. If your only request is 4th or 5th floor, you have a much better chance of getting that. If a room assignor sees no room fits all your requests, they have no idea if any of those 3 requests are more important, so they very well might just give you any dedicated studio being vacated that day even if it's on the 1st floor. If you limit your request to one thing, you have sooooo much a better chance of getting it. The BCV is really really hard to get your request met because it's always full. AND PLEASE REMEMBER, REQUESTS ARE NOT GUARANTEES. THERE IS A CHANCE YOU WILL NOT GET ANY OF YOUR REQUESTS. Don't let it ruin your vacation!!! At the Villas particularly, you should go into your vacation knowing there's a chance you won't get any of your requests and know that's the way it is. If you get there and your one request is met, be delighted, and think it's just a magical way to start your vacation. Just my opinion!!

I am absolutely aware these are not guaranteed, and if they aren't met that will in no way ruin our vacation. I am renting from a member, and I told her that those are in order or importance. The upper floor part is our only true request; the other two would just be bonuses.

I am absolutely aware these are not guaranteed, and if they aren't met that will in no way ruin our vacation. I am renting from a member, and I told her that those are in order or importance. The upper floor part is our only true request; the other two would just be bonuses.

So glad you understand. Then I would make upper floor my one and only request. Again, just my opinion. You'd have a better chance of getting that if you only have that one request. Now if you were at one of the other vacation club resorts, I'd say list as many requests as you want. But with the BCV being always full, it's a different animal.

That being said, you could get lucky and get every one of your requests ... it happens ... rarely but it does happen.

I'm just glad you realize the requests might not be met ... any of them. I've seen guests spend the first two days of their vacation in the lobby at the front desk doing nothing but argue and rant and rave about changing rooms, etc. because their requests were not met. They don't believe the manager or CM when they are told a room like they want just isn't available at all the whole time they are there. It's a shame they let it ruin their whole vacation.

I hope you enjoy your stay at the BCV!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter