2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW ... that list for December is huge. I'm so sorry I'm going to miss meeting two weeks of December guests!!! But at least I'll be on my own Disney December wonderful vacation on board the Disney Magic!!

Remember to put aside some time to search for the hidden mickeys on the chocolate and gingerbread carousel in the Beach Club lobby. Also, stop by the Marketplace and purchase some of our Chef's freshly made gingerbread. It is incredible. It's a different recipe from the Grand Floridian's. It's Chef Stefan's grandmother's recipe. Most years he sells gingerbread houses (cheaper than the Grand Floridian's and in his he includes his grandmother's recipe), gingerbread shingles and some other goodies. Last year he sold a gingerbread house kit. It had absolutely everything you needed in it to make a fantastic gingerbread house. He couldn't make up the kits fast enough ... they sold out constantly. I have no idea if he'll be making them again this year but if he does, you may want to watch for them and grab one!! We purchased one about 3 weeks before Christmas and kept everything wrapped up until the day before Christmas and made it then. It was fresh and we ended up eating lots of it a few days later ... so yummy!!!!!

I have been lurking for almost a week now and just wanted to say this is an awesome thread !
We will not be visiting the Beach Club until December of 2011 but I can not wait, we stayed at the Yacht Club many years ago and just loved the area. Back when we stayed at Y/C The Boardwalk Inn was just being built and it was before the DVC Villas so there will be lots of new things to see on our trip.
We had to cancel this years November Trip at AKL due to an unforseen financial disaster. Decided on trying the Beach Club when rescheduling for next December.

The gingerbread house kit mentioned above sounds fantastic, I will have to keep my fingers crossed Chef Stefan is still there in 2011 and still making them....I just love hearing about these little insider facts and tips about the resort.

Thank You TeenaS :thumbsup2

Two weeks from today I will be checking in to BCV for the first time. I can't wait! Time seems to be crawling now. The only thing that keeps me going is getting my fix on the DIS!

Two weeks from today I will be checking in to BCV for the first time. I can't wait! Time seems to be crawling now. The only thing that keeps me going is getting my fix on the DIS!

You are going to have such a great time. I know everyone has their own favorite but I just love to hear about people going to the BC for the first time. It's a wonderful resort in so many ways. Have a blast!! :banana:

Teena, I am there the 17-22 of November. When are you going on your cruise?

I leave on Saturday, November 20th, for 7 nights - Turkey Day on the Disney Magic. So in November, I'll be working 10/31, 11/1, 11/7, 11/8, 11/14, 11/15, 11/28 and 11/29. I only work Sundays and Mondays unless the full time greeter is on vacation and they ask me for additional days.

In December, the cruise is 11 nights, departing on December 18th. So in December I'll only be working a few days: 12/5, 12/6, 12/12, 12/13. However, I do believe that Richard, the full time greeter, is off sometime in December or maybe it's in November and Vic, who is a dispatcher, normally fills in but I'll probably work a few extra days too ... just not sure which month or days they will be.

Anyone else going to the BC in January? We will be there from the 20th to the 28th and staying CL. We are so excited!!!

We are excited, too! We'll be there from January 4th (at midnight! :scared1:) until January 9th. I hope the weather is warmer this year for marathon weekend than it was last year! :cold:

I hope the famous Teena will be working; I'd love to meet her.

I am sooo excited! Yesterday I moved my reservation from Port Orleans-Riverside to the Beach Club, garden view. I requested a full balcony. I am so looking forward to walking to Epcot's World Showcase!

I am sooo excited! Yesterday I moved my reservation from Port Orleans-Riverside to the Beach Club, garden view. I requested a full balcony. I am so looking forward to walking to Epcot's World Showcase!

yay! That is one of my favorite things about YC/BC/BCV...walking to WS:cloud9:

have a wonderful time!:goodvibes

I've been lurking for a few weeks now - since I found out I *have* to attend a conference at the Swan the week after Thanksgiving. I've got my reservations at the Beach Club and have added a few days for "me time" while I'm there. I've never stayed at the BC - we typically stay at the Ft. Wilderness Cabins since, as a family there are 15 of us, and it makes more sense to stay there.

So... to say that I am really looking forward to visiting WDW in November and December is an understatement! I've planned my conference itinerary so that I can be in the parks in the late afternoon and evenings.... invited my mom to come with me for a few days... bought our tickets.... made a few dining reservations, including the Candlelight Processional.... and bought our tickets form Mickeys Christmas Party.

The only problem is... I still have over a month to wait ... and I want to go NOWWWWW!! *laugh*

:banana:

One question for you old hands at BC - will it be too cold to swim the last few days of November, first week of December?

Thanks!!

Michelle princess:

I leave on Saturday, November 20th, for 7 nights - Turkey Day on the Disney Magic. So in November, I'll be working 10/31, 11/1, 11/7, 11/8, 11/14, 11/15, 11/28 and 11/29. I only work Sundays and Mondays unless the full time greeter is on vacation and they ask me for additional days.

In December, the cruise is 11 nights, departing on December 18th. So in December I'll only be working a few days: 12/5, 12/6, 12/12, 12/13. However, I do believe that Richard, the full time greeter, is off sometime in December or maybe it's in November and Vic, who is a dispatcher, normally fills in but I'll probably work a few extra days too ... just not sure which month or days they will be.

Bummer. I will ask again before we leave just to see if your schedule has changed at all.

The only problem is... I still have over a month to wait ... and I want to go NOWWWWW!! *laugh*

:banana:

One question for you old hands at BC - will it be too cold to swim the last few days of November, first week of December?

Thanks!!

Michelle princess:

Although I wish I had a direct connect to Mother Nature, unfortuntely I don't. Coming in late November, early December, you have to be ready for hot, warm, cool and cold. I've experienced 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's during that time frame in different years. Definitely bring your bathing suit but also bring a warm coat ... you might need both on different days. Florida is like that starting mid-November and going into late-March.

Greetings;

I'm staying at YC for the first time in December. I've got a room only reservation that I made online; water / pool view. I did not see any place to enter any room location request so I figured I would just take what I got. I'm not all that fussy but would like a full balcony. Question 1: Something I read in one of the posts here makes me believe that most of the rooms at YC are full balconys. Should I worry about this? I'm going to be calling Disney to charge off the remainder of my stay (down payment made) in a coulpe of days and wondering if I should make the full balcony request.

Question 2: The resort looks really spead out. Should I receive a room that is down at the Swan / Dolphin end of things, how far is it really from the lobby? It looks like "miles" away (kidding, sort of) and quite a hike. I don't go back and forth from the resort to the parks all that often during the day so it's not that big of a deal but in the AM for a cup of coffee and a danish could be a challenge.

PS: I am simply loving this thread. I've stayed mostly at Wilderness Lodge, which I love, but wanted to be closer to Epcot and the Studios this trip which is where I spend most of my time. Being an "older", solo travler (no kids) I figured YC would be a better fit for me. Am I going to love it?

Greetings;

I'm staying at YC for the first time in December. I've got a room only reservation that I made online; water / pool view. I did not see any place to enter any room location request so I figured I would just take what I got. I'm not all that fussy but would like a full balcony. Question 1: Something I read in one of the posts here makes me believe that most of the rooms at YC are full balconys. Should I worry about this? I'm going to be calling Disney to charge off the remainder of my stay (down payment made) in a coulpe of days and wondering if I should make the full balcony request.

Question 2: The resort looks really spead out. Should I receive a room that is down at the Swan / Dolphin end of things, how far is it really from the lobby? It looks like "miles" away (kidding, sort of) and quite a hike. I don't go back and forth from the resort to the parks all that often during the day so it's not that big of a deal but in the AM for a cup of coffee and a danish could be a challenge.

PS: I am simply loving this thread. I've stayed mostly at Wilderness Lodge, which I love, but wanted to be closer to Epcot and the Studios this trip which is where I spend most of my time. Being an "older", solo travler (no kids) I figured YC would be a better fit for me. Am I going to love it?

Yes, almost all of the rooms at the YC have full balconies. I don't think you need to put that onto your request. If you don't have other requests, you could put "close to lobby" if that is of some importance to you. I don't know the distance from the furthest room at the YC to the lobby.

As you have probably seen earlier in the thread, consider skipping the on-line check-in. When you check in at the desk, you can ask where your room is and confirm that it has a full balcony. If you are not satisified with the location of the room, you can ask if they have something available that is more suitable. They will try to accomodate your request if at all possible.

I am staying YC CL for the second half of my December trip (first half at CR). This trip has a lot of firsts for us....first time at DW for Christmas, first time staying deluxe, first time staying CL, and longest stay we have ever had by far (11 nights). :cloud9:

Here's my question: I really do not want to have one of the YC CL rooms that I have seen in pictures with that giant shared balcony. Would it be reasonable for me to specify "private balcony" on my room request? :confused3 I have not made any other room requests. I do realize that a request is only a request and may or may not be granted due to availability.

Thanks in advance! This thread has really got me excited! My countdown is at 39 days today. For some reason, being out of the "40's" really makes it seem close! :banana:

I am staying YC CL for the second half of my December trip (first half at CR). This trip has a lot of firsts for us....first time at DW for Christmas, first time staying deluxe, first time staying CL, and longest stay we have ever had by far (11 nights). :cloud9:

Here's my question: I really do not want to have one of the YC CL rooms that I have seen in pictures with that giant shared balcony. Would it be reasonable for me to specify "private balcony" on my room request? :confused3 I have not made any other room requests. I do realize that a request is only a request and may or may not be granted due to availability.

Thanks in advance! This thread has really got me excited! My countdown is at 39 days today. For some reason, being out of the "40's" really makes it seem close! :banana:

That large shared balcony is a garden/standard view CL. If you booked a water view CL you can't get it. If you booked a garden/standard CL, then for sure call and add "private balcony please" on your reservation.

That large shared balcony is a garden/standard view CL. If you booked a water view CL you can't get it. If you booked a garden/standard CL, then for sure call and add "private balcony please" on your reservation.

I would also ask for Wedding Gazebo view.This was my standard view this summer on CL and I loved it. There are only 4 rooms that have this view. No shared balcony on these rooms.

I would also ask for Wedding Gazebo view.This was my standard view this summer on CL and I loved it. There are only 4 rooms that have this view. No shared balcony on these rooms.

Only problem with requesting that is there are only four of those rooms. The chance one is being vacated on the day you arrive is slim. Therefore, they will put you anywhere. If you specify private balcony, I'd say you have a 99% chance of not getting those shared balconies and it gives the room assignor lots of rooms to choose from. If you booked a standard room though, beware that your view could be a roof or parking lot.

The more room requests you have, the greater chance of not getting any of them unfortunately. The room assignor cannot know what is most important to you. I recommend trying to keep your request to one thing ... that gives the assignors lots more to work on.

I'm so excited about the new room categories that start January 1st. That will eliminate all problems of people booking a standard room and complaining about the "yucky" view. Because if you book a standard, you are guaranteed a roof or parking lot view. It's absolutely perfect because people like me who could care less that I'm looking at a wall or roof (because I'm never in the room except to shower, sleep or change clothes) will get what I want ... the cheapest room. But for the people that don't want to spend lots of extra money for a nice view of the courtyard or a garden, can guarantee that nice view for $10 more a night (the price of 3 Mickey ice cream bars). Well worth it!!!

Our family (DH, DW, DD(8)) have never stayed at Beach Club before. (We usually stay at GF, WL, WLV, BLT, AKL.) Does anyone have any advise on specific rooms or locations to request (not Club Level)? Thanks!

Only problem with requesting that is there are only four of those rooms. The chance one is being vacated on the day you arrive is slim. Therefore, they will put you anywhere. If you specify private balcony, I'd say you have a 99% chance of not getting those shared balconies and it gives the room assignor lots of rooms to choose from. If you booked a standard room though, beware that your view could be a roof or parking lot.

The more room requests you have, the greater chance of not getting any of them unfortunately. The room assignor cannot know what is most important to you. I recommend trying to keep your request to one thing ... that gives the assignors lots more to work on.

Thanks so much for your advice! Water view was not available, so I booked garden (standard) view. I will add "private balcony please" to my reservation. The view does not matter all that much to me (although I would certainly appreciate a nice view!), I am more concerned about privacy/security. It is just DD12 and myself and it creeps me out to think of someone being able to walk over and look in our window.

Thanks again! Can't wait to get there!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter