2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is for those just back from either the YC or the BC, are they still doing the bounceback offer?
We'll be at the YC in Dec and I'm hoping they are still doing it.

Also, is the CL lounge still open 24 hours?

We did have a bounceback offer in the room at the BC last week. It was only for free dining for specific dates.

thanks, hopefully there will be something in my room about a bounceback if not I guess I'll have to wait for more AP discounts for Dec 2011

thanks, hopefully there will be something in my room about a bounceback if not I guess I'll have to wait for more AP discounts for Dec 2011

If you don't get one in your room you could try asking mousekeeping, or at the front desk.

We didn't get one last year and I forgot to ask, when we got home I called the front desk and asked if it was too late to book a bounce back. After being transferred to many different CM's I finally had to accept that I couldn't get one, befor I hung up the phone I made sure that they had my e-mail and correct mailing address and told the CM that I really wanted to come back but I couldn't without some kind of discount. About six weeks later I found a room discount pin in my e-mail that was good for most of 2010.

I called the next day and booked with a 40% room discount!:)

Did you reserve through Disney? If so, according to the WDW website, you should call (407) 939-7675 for assistance with your reservation.

Duh - I should have thought of checking their website-I was thinking I had to call the Beach Club directly for some reason. It worked great. Thanks so much.

Now if I could only get the remaining ADRs that I want....

I've been meaning to post a bit sooner, but life has been a bit hectic since I got back from Disney earlier this month.

I had a six night stay at the Beach Club the first week of October. I had booked a standard room, and since it was the first weekend of F&W I was expecting to get just that. I ended up not putting any room requests on my reservation and figured I'd just let myself be surprised. Needless to say I was amazed to get to my room and find this for my view:

DSC04159_opt.jpg

It only had a standing balcony, but that view more than made up for it. It was a wonderful stay. I loved it there, and it's ruining all the moderates for me. I'm still a torn a bit over which I like more - the Boardwalk or the Beach Club. The Boardwalk is a bit more me, decor and attitude wise, but the Beach Club wins alot of points for Stormalong Bay. My friend and I decided that next time we have to stay at the Yacht Club to really make an educated choice. :rotfl:

Thanks, Teena! The full balcony is not a make or break deal, really. The major reasons for booking BC for us were: 1. Stormalong Bay and 2. the fitness center. So, as long as we hav eaccess to those, we'll be fine. The whole full balcony is a nice to have type of thing.

Thanks again! So looking forward to staying at the Beach Club!

Is the fitness center nicer than the other deluxe resorts? I used the fitness center at WL alot, so I didn't even look into the BC offerings, assuming it was just like WL.

I know I can't wait to jog around the Boardwalk in the mornings!

So excited!!:banana:

Bob's car has 100,000 miles on it and started making some strange noises. Rather than start putting money in it, I said, "let's go look at that new Chevy Cruze". So we did last week and fell in love with it. It's totally unbelievable for the price. I thought it would be too small because they say it's a compact but that's not like any compact I've ever seen. Unbelievable room! You all should go out and test drive one. It's maintenance schedule is unique too (if you get the new turbo engine which has highway 36 mpg) and the deal they offered us for our oldie car plus the GM discount (through Disney) plus adding on the 70,000 miles, 7 year GM protection plan ... well, all I can say is, we're picking up Bob's new bright red Cruze tomorrow. What a car ... unbelievable stuff in it. We use his car for longer trips ... it's the family car. Mine is used just to go back and forth to the Beach Club but I still love my little 2004 bright yellow Chevy Aveo. So now we are a total Chevy family!!

We're off to Epcot to see Billy Ocean today and are having burgers at Beaches & Cream first. Bob wants to celebrate by ordering an ice cream soda. What a crazy wild man!

Teena - how exciting! Sounds like you got a great deal too.

You'll be eating at one of my favorite restaurants. We just LOVE B&C. It's our traditional first day at BC lunch.

Enjoy your new car!

How exciting to get a new car, Teena! I have been looking at the ads on TV for the new Cruze. I can see why you would want us to take another look at it. Looks like quite a good concept for a car. And it's American!!

Thanks to everyone on this board for making our trip truly amazing!! Weather was perfect, room was amazing, food was great....couldn't get any better. Tried some firsts on this trip as well like MNSSHP, Jellyrolls, Le Cellier, and staying at the Beach Club. No wonder you guys talk up this resort so much...it is my new favorite :thumbsup2

Me and my sister also got the pleasure of meeting and talking with Teena. She is even more fabulous in person. Thanks for everything Teena. And if I could I would ship you some tomatoes and corn :worship:

So sad to be done with my trip, but there is always next year!!

Bob's car has 100,000 miles on it and started making some strange noises. Rather than start putting money in it, I said, "let's go look at that new Chevy Cruze". So we did last week and fell in love with it. It's totally unbelievable for the price. I thought it would be too small because they say it's a compact but that's not like any compact I've ever seen. Unbelievable room! You all should go out and test drive one. It's maintenance schedule is unique too (if you get the new turbo engine which has highway 36 mpg) and the deal they offered us for our oldie car plus the GM discount (through Disney) plus adding on the 70,000 miles, 7 year GM protection plan ... well, all I can say is, we're picking up Bob's new bright red Cruze tomorrow. What a car ... unbelievable stuff in it. We use his car for longer trips ... it's the family car. Mine is used just to go back and forth to the Beach Club but I still love my little 2004 bright yellow Chevy Aveo. So now we are a total Chevy family!!

We're off to Epcot to see Billy Ocean today and are having burgers at Beaches & Cream first. Bob wants to celebrate by ordering an ice cream soda. What a crazy wild man!

OOOoohhhh!!! Congratulations!!! Can't think of a better way to celebrate than Beaches & Cream!!!! :goodvibes

Hi Teena! Great news on the car! Enjoy your B&C burgers and Epcot! :wizard:

Congrats on the car Teena!!!!
I'm hoping for a room discount as a bounceback offer when we go to Disney in January. Free dining isn't my thing but a room discount would be great!

Amanda

...and boy was it GREAT! I was afraid I would regret not picking the BC but after walking through both the beach and Yacht club this visit, I can see why people love the BC decor. But I have to tell you, for my family the YC was perfect. My husband is a reluctant Disney fan. This is only his second visit and he says he is "only doing it for the boys". However - he did admit he enjoyed it much more than he anticipated and certainly "gets" why I am such a Disney fan! To quote him, "Disney just does things really well". Anyway - the YC felt more like a nice resort to him. The BC seemed a bit louder and busier - I would LOVE it but the YC was certainly the right pick for him. Anyway - if anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer them...although with Teena on these boards, I doubt I can add much! She is the EXPERT om all thing BC/YC. I am going to post a short trip report soon but just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to this thread because you really helped me make the right decision when deciding where to stay!

Teena. thats awesome. So glad to see people supporting GM. I work on the advertising for GM here in Chicago. I also get the GM supplier discount. My husband really needs a new car and we are hoping to get one after our March Disney trip. I did a big promotion for the Cruz, glad to see its a good car!!!

Teena. thats awesome. So glad to see people supporting GM. I work on the advertising for GM here in Chicago. I also get the GM supplier discount. My husband really needs a new car and we are hoping to get one after our March Disney trip. I did a big promotion for the Cruz, glad to see its a good car!!!

It is unbelievable what you get for the money. It looks like and has equipment like a $50,000 car. And the biggy for us was with the new turbo engine that gets 36 mpg highway, it needs so little maintenance. 6,000 in between oil changes and none of those huge $500+ things at 30,000 and 60,000 miles. We love the service manager at the Clermont Chevy dealer and that's basically why we are buying it. He is amazing and takes such good care of us. If he says it's a great car, then that's all it takes for me. He has never steered us wrong. They are advertising it as a compact and in my mind it is definitely not a compact. In fact, we almost didn't look at it because we thought it would be too small (remember, we have to have lots of room for all that luggage to take to the port for our cruises). But John called us the second one came into their dealership and made us come over to see it. We weren't even thinking about buying a new car (two days later the noise in our family car started so it's perfect timing). The trunk is big and the rear seats fold down too. Once people find out all you get for the price, those things are gonna sell faster than they can make them!

You can tell your bosses at GM that the service manager, John, at Don Mealey Chevrolet in Clermont, Florida, is the reason we are a Chevy family. If all dealers had someone like him looking out for their customers, Chevy would never have a problem selling cars! We won't even deal with the salesmen there ... they are all way too pushy. Poor John ... we tell him if his dealership wants our business, it's him or nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter