10/24/2009 Bash On the Boat (I'm with B.O.B.) - Thread 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the cool t shirt I picked up yesterday.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwODgtMjAwOTA3MDctMjA0M.jpg

Beautiful, Man.

Yay Chris!! Thanks for letting me win!!:cool1::worship:

I'm headed to bed for real now. Talk to you guys later! I can't go 2 days without checking in with you all again - I felt like I would NEVER catch up!:rotfl:

Thanks! I was sad when I left my "real" camera home and had to rely on my BlackBerry. It does ok, but my other camera seems much sharper. It's also fun to have the ability to just take my phone out of its holster and snap a shot when you want to. It's really spontaneous!

As far as South of the Border goes. We used to stop there on every trip down I-95 as a kid and young adult. My last trip down that road prior to this one, was in 2001 and all I smelled was trash. I was kind of repulsed. When I pointed it out on the horizon around the time that picture was snapped, Elaine said, "we are not stopping there!" I was fine with it. We stopped a few miles down the road at the South Carolina Welcome Center.

I did notice that there were not as many signs for it as there used to be. I remember driving down in 1996 and there being signs pretty much every mile through NC.

I am dating myself when I say this, but we used to stop there on our way to Florida from NY back in the 60's. My dad would not fly so we always drove to florida to the beach.

I am dating myself when I say this, but we used to stop there on our way to Florida from NY back in the 60's. My dad would not fly so we always drove to florida to the beach.
We always drove as well. My dad was too cheap to fly, especially when gas was so cheap. I guess I would have done the same if I was in his position. In fact, I remember him bragging to me as late as his first DCL cruise in 2002 that gas cost him less than $100 to drive from Erie, PA to Port Canaveral and back in his Intrepid. Now that he has flown once, he likes to fly to Florida now. We are all flying down together from Maine (where they live now) for this cruise, but we got very good airfare. Especially in light of the current economy.

Hello all!

My GF and I will be joining all of you DISer's on the B.O.B. as I have just paid off our cruise in full. Now for the countdown...

A little information about us... Brian (me) an IT guy from the Chicago area, and Sue (GF), a benefits manager for a community college. I used to be a moderator on the Disboards, from 2002-2006, including the Collector's Board, the old Debate Board..(Good riddance on that board!!) and right here on the DCL boards. I have been on 3 Disney cruises, including both WB Panama Repos, but this is Sue's first cruise. We both cannot wait to get on board!!!!

I sent all of my info on to JLDSMD, but the info hasn't appeared on page one yet... (It's been a few weeks).

Anyway, we are looking forward to a great cruise!!!!

Welcome! I am Bernie travelling with hubby Sean/Son Gary/Daughter Bailey :goodvibes

Hey everyone...We are enjoying our last evening in Georgia. The kids are hopefully settling down, the adults except for me are gearing up for a card game. I just don't do card games! I will find something to do, read a book, DIS if anyone is around, etc.

We are going to head back north around lunch time tomorrow, stopping in North Carolina at the same hotel we stayed in on the way down. I left my AAA tour books at home, and don't wish to play Russian Roulette in taking a chance on an I-95 hotel. They are hit and miss. The Best Western we stayed at on the way down was AAA approved, was clean, had nice amenities, a nice pool and the price was good. We decided to make a ressie for there for the way home.

Oh, I bought a cool shirt at the gift shop at the Museum of Aviation yesterday. I will have to post a picture of it.

Awsome trip Chris thanks for all the great pictures!! :thumbsup2:goodvibes

Good for you Karen getting back on track!! I'm right there with you! I started back yesterday on my weight loss journey and don't plan on stopping until October 15 when I leave for WDW :goodvibes

Good luck Cass:thumbsup2

Well all, I have emailed me information about DisTag. If anyone objects to me joining, please advise me if anyone has a problem with this. I know I was late. There is my wife-Melissa(28), myself-Chris(29), and daughter-Paige(8). Thank you for allowing me to play.

I'll amend my list today:thumbsup2

nancy tried to make me eat lasagne.:sick:(not really:rolleyes1)
lets just say Cabo ate well that nite.:rotfl:

Not really Mike:hug: - if you make it over to England I'll buy you a special Mickey seperator plate:rotfl:

maybe he just needs a new flux capacitor.:rolleyes1;):rotfl:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

You are an awesome mom Karen, I truly wish we had more parents like you at our school.:hug:

:sad2:Just struggling by the best way I know how:confused3... thats all any of us can do

Now it's time for me to request prayers - Dave's dad is in the hospital tonight for a lung infection. Almost 3 months ago he was treated for Esphogeal Cancer and he's been recovering - slowly - but getting there. He's not been feeling well lately and my MIL took him to the ER tonight and they admitted him. The doc said it wasn't related to his surgery, but since his body is still healing, it may have hurt a bit.

THanks in advance for the prayers. Happy post will come next!!;)

Prayers on the way:hug:

Hmmmm one away... Will this one be the googley????

Way to go!:woohoo: - you have a nice collection of googelys;)

Well all, I have emailed me information about DisTag. If anyone objects to me joining, please advise me if anyone has a problem with this. I know I was late. There is my wife-Melissa(28), myself-Chris(29), and daughter-Paige(8). Thank you for allowing me to play.

Join right a long in...Think that makes 28 doesn't it Karen?

Now it's time for me to request prayers - Dave's dad is in the hospital tonight for a lung infection. Almost 3 months ago he was treated for Esphogeal Cancer and he's been recovering - slowly - but getting there. He's not been feeling well lately and my MIL took him to the ER tonight and they admitted him. The doc said it wasn't related to his surgery, but since his body is still healing, it may have hurt a bit.

THanks in advance for the prayers. Happy post will come next!!;)

You got it Angie:hug::hug::hug:

Join right a long in...Think that makes 28 doesn't it Karen?

Yep! - 28 players now.

I feel I should also extend an invitation to our latest newbies Brisully - Brian and Sue on the thread too - if you'd like to play please pm me:thumbsup2. You only missed the cut off by 3 days - I think we can squeeeeeeeze you in if you want us to.:goodvibes let me know asap please.

Anyone interested in a few photos?

Heres Ellis off to cub camp
P1070493.jpg

Neil and I went to Worcester for the weekend. Had a little trip on the riverboat - looks like the Magic needs a refurb:lmao:
P1070508.jpg

I liked this piccie - you can barely tell where one swan starts and the other ends:rotfl:
P1070538.jpg

Coughton Court - pronounced coat-un

Same family has owned it for 600+ years. Had something to do with the gunpowder plot

P1070544.jpg

P1070556.jpg

P1070549.jpg

P1070554.jpg

Want some more piccies?

We got the photo disc last night at Cubs of Ellis' last camp where Neil went as a volunteer.

Heres a few piccies

Heres the group - Ellis is 4th - front row
10.jpg

Assault course - jeff - do you recognise Ellis' t shirt?:goodvibes
3SaturdayConfidenceCourse18.jpg

3SaturdayConfidenceCourse24.jpg

3SaturdayConfidenceCourse47.jpg

3SaturdayConfidenceCourse33.jpg

3SaturdayConfidenceCourse41.jpg

They made rockets from pop bottles, rolled paper and rubber tubing
5Freetime53.jpg

I think Neil enjoyed this a little too much:lmao:

5Freetime55.jpg

Then onto grass sledging
6GrassSledging14.jpg

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
6GrassSledging29.jpg

Camp fire
7Campfire1.jpg

Cooking
8BakingShortbread2.jpg

They did a mini olympics, hammer throwing, tossing the caber etc etc
2SaturdaySports51.jpg

Thats all folks:goodvibes

Oh,... and by the way, just incase you noticed.... yes, Ellis did have the same clothes on for almost 3 days:lmao:.... dirty little muppet!:lmao: He had a huge rucksack full of clean clothes when he got home.... not sure he actually washed much either:scared::lmao:

Right, thats me done on here for the morning - off for a walk to clock up some steps on my pedometer before it atarts to rain AGAIN!

Cough, cough.:sick:

I would consider it, but DH actually ISN'T feeling well (allergies) and with the gorgeous landscaping there, it woudl only be worse!!

Have a great time - make sure to eat at the candy shop in the England section (that's where I worked - back in 1991!)

Ride the Griffen for me as well (haven't ridden that one yet):banana:

Maybe next time.

I love the caramel apples from the candy shop! I always get one on the way out.

I will definitely ride the Griffen for you. I love that coaster.:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter