“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: ANNOUNCEMENT

My family and I will be taking a vacation to Disneyland, first time! We leave in five days! My last day on the Itinerary Thread is tomorrow Tuesday, August 7 and I will return Tuesday, August 28. In my absence I have asked the following fellow DISers to help you. I cannot say enough about them, their knowledge and commit in providing the best information is bar none. You will be in very good hands.

@Bex258 ,@OhioStateBuckeye , @Cluelyss and @HopperFan

View attachment 341915

Thank YOU so much for doing this for me. :grouphug:

Have fun @FoxC63 and @Merlin_Jones64!!!

9/3 - Our first MNSSHP , Me-Mr. Smee, Hubs-Captain Hook, DD7-Wendy, DD4-Tinkerbell, DS2-Peter Pan

We have a Chef Mickey's brunch ADR for 2:00. We will already be in costume.

I made 2 Fastpasses. Tinkerbell 4:00-5:00 (because our costumes, this is a must) and Jungle Cruise 5:20-6:00. These can be changed to other attractions if need be.

The only character that is an absolute must will be Moana.
Maybe Mickey in costume if possible!

Not too concerned with what rides we can do, as we will have 4 days in MK this trip not including the party. Whatever rides we can fit in, will be great!

Boo To You Parade (preferably 1st show in FRontierland)
Hallowishes
Hocus Pocus show (maybe last show as my kids aren't into it)
Want to do some special snacks
Magic Shots-definitely Headless Horseman and hitchhiking ghosts
Trick or treating is a HUGE must since my kids think it's the coolest thing in the world to do this at MK. I've heard end of the night is best but whatever works!

Based on this, that's a hard call as you have not updated your itinerary. It's really important you get this done. When I'm gone, this is what the helpers are going to see.

@FoxC63 Since the Disney Junior dance party is from 7-10, when should we go?

Monday, Sep. 9 / DW, DH, DD7, DD4 and DS2
3:30-4:10 MK bypass - Wristbands, Treat Bags, Map
4:15-6:00 Moana (my girls are OBSESSED! Meeting her is a must.) She came out at 5:45 last year
Tag Team: ? FP Schedule it for 3:20-4:20
Tag Team: ? FP Schedule it for 4:20-5:20
Peter Pan - Unfortunately I am unable to see his hours via WDW link below, I believe he met last year during regular park hours but I am unsure if Disney closed it down at the start of the party 7pm?
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/character-meet-peter-pan/

So this changes your itinerary and you'll need to re-post your wish list/priorities. Please include your FP selections as well and we'll go from there.

Parade
Fireworks
Hocus Pocus show
Rides
A few magic shots (would love haunted mansion one, headless horseman if they have it)
Different party snacks

NOTE: To meet Captain Hook, Mr. Smee and Peter Pan I would recommend The Pirates & Pals Fireworks Dessert Voyage - It's worth every penny and yes, you can dress up! WDW Link:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/pirates-and-pals-fireworks-voyage/

And based off this, you still have not confirmed FP's :confused3

Have a great time at Disneyland. I’ve been there twice but the last time was in 1968. It may have changed a little in 50 years.

I thought I saw you there!!! :rotfl:Really that's when we went, I was so small, I have no memory of it just black & white photos!

Thank you, I'm looking forward to Toontown! Really miss it!

View attachment 341879

Halloween Movie List for Kids
#11 Haunted Mansion

#10 Moms Got a Date with a Vampire TVG

#9 Pooh’s Heffalump

#8 Don’t Look Under the Bead

#7 Mickey’s House Of Villains

#6 Casper

#5 The Nightmare before Christmas

#4 The dventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad

#3 Halloweenown

#2 The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

#1 Hocus Pocus

What’s on your list?
These are great but it would not be Halloween if my hubby didn't make us watch the Garfield Halloween Special!

NEWS

ShopDisney has imploded with new 2018 Halloween Merchandise! These items will also be available throughout WDW, let's have a look see!

Mickey Mouse Halloween Spirit Jersey - Adults $49.95, Kids $29.95
Front & Back View
View attachment 341784

Mickey Mouse Halloween T-Shirt for Men $22.95
View attachment 341785

Minnie Mouse Halloween T-Shirt for Women – Plus Size $22.95 / For Kids $16.95
View attachment 341786

Minnie Mouse Halloween T-Shirt For Kids $16.95
View attachment 341787

Mickey Mouse 17” Plush / Minnie Mouse 16” Plush $14.95 each
View attachment 341788

Mickey Mouse / Minnie Mouse Trick or Treat Bag $16.95
View attachment 341789

More 2018 Halloween Items can be found at ShopDisney's "Halloweeen Shop", here's the link:
https://www.shopdisney.com/holidays/halloween?sort=startDate&order=desc

My question, where's Goofy?! I'm sure there will be more items added ;)
Love that spirit jersey!

What's sold out? The dress in your size?
The Mickey spirit jersey was sold out.

I'm waiting on the tightrope girl ears (unless I've missed those too lol!) to wear for the party. I'm thinking about a disney bounding sort of thing with the tightrope girl ears plus a green skirt and maroon shirt.

Just another big :thanks: to @FoxC63 for all of the work you put into the trivia contest. I have received both my Starbucks and Disney gift cards! :disrocks:

View attachment 341879

Halloween Movie List for Kids
#13 Haunted Mansion

#12 Garfield Halloween Special

#11 Haunted Mansion

#10 Moms Got a Date with a Vampire TVG

#9 Pooh’s Heffalump

#8 Don’t Look Under the Bead

#7 Mickey’s House Of Villains

#6 Casper

#5 The Nightmare before Christmas

#4 The dventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad

#3 Halloweenown

#2 The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

#1 Hocus Pocus

What’s on your list?

And adults too, right? :) I agree with a lot of yours as being our favorites but add The Santa Clause (loved the first one) and Home Alone.

NEW

Your Chance to Play Big at Toy Story Land from ShopDisney!

Link: http://parks.disney.com/shopdisney-...07-06|shopdisneyplaybigsweepstakes|blog-parks
Woot! Thanks!

:wave: ANNOUNCEMENT

My family and I will be taking a vacation to Disneyland, first time! We leave in five days! My last day on the Itinerary Thread is tomorrow Tuesday, August 7 and I will return Tuesday, August 28. In my absence I have asked the following fellow DISers to help you. I cannot say enough about them, their knowledge and commit in providing the best information is bar none. You will be in very good hands.

@Bex258 ,@OhioStateBuckeye , @Cluelyss and @HopperFan

View attachment 341915

Thank YOU so much for doing this for me. :grouphug:
Oh goodness.....Disneyland! And you haven't done California Adventure then since it's been so long since your last visit! Carsland is AMAZING......and Radiator Springs Racers is (at this point) my favorite ride of all. Egads......we were last there in 2013 or 2014, holiday time! Have a great time, can't wait to hear all about your adventure!

And another BIG public thank you for the contest and prizes. What a great way to spend a friday evening!

And adults too, right? :) I agree with a lot of yours as being our favorites but add The Santa Clause (loved the first one) and Home Alone.

Woot! Thanks!

Oh goodness.....Disneyland! And you haven't done California Adventure then since it's been so long since your last visit! Carsland is AMAZING......and Radiator Springs Racers is (at this point) my favorite ride of all. Egads......we were last there in 2013 or 2014, holiday time! Have a great time, can't wait to hear all about your adventure!

And another BIG public thank you for the contest and prizes. What a great way to spend a friday evening!

You make me blush! Thank for the kudos ::yes:: Can't wait to see Carsland, zoom zoom :car:!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter