“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW NEWS

Frontierland Costume Promenade (NEW) – 8:50pm and 10:50pm

New this year in Frontierland, prospector Cactus-Flower Cate rounds up youngsters for the Frontierland Costume Promenade, encouraging them to show off their costumes in a quest for the greatest treasure in the land – candy!

EDIT/UPATE
Post #3 Guide Map, Party Tickets, Main Street Bypass, Wristband Locations & Entertainment! has been updated with this new information!

Ahhh! Excited for this! Do they choose kids with great costumes? Hoping my littles who will be Wendy, Tinkerbell and Peter Pan will be able to do this!

upload_2018-8-6_14-46-19.png

Halloween Movie List for Kids

#12 Garfield Halloween Special

#11 Haunted Mansion

#10 Moms Got a Date with a Vampire TVG

#9 Pooh’s Heffalump

#8 Don’t Look Under the Bead

#7 Mickey’s House Of Villains

#6 Casper

#5 The Nightmare before Christmas

#4 The dventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad

#3 Halloweenown

#2 The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

#1 Hocus Pocus

What’s on your list?

Last edited:

NEW NEWS

Frontierland Costume Promenade (NEW) – 8:50pm and 10:50pm

New this year in Frontierland, prospector Cactus-Flower Cate rounds up youngsters for the Frontierland Costume Promenade, encouraging them to show off their costumes in a quest for the greatest treasure in the land – candy!

EDIT/UPATE
Post #3 Guide Map, Party Tickets, Main Street Bypass, Wristband Locations & Entertainment! has been updated with this new information!
Hmmmm...we were planning on watching the Halloween parade in Frontierland because I had heard it is not as crazy as Main St. But I wonder with this new addition if it will make that area more crowded?

Hmmmm...we were planning on watching the Halloween parade in Frontierland because I had heard it is not as crazy as Main St. But I wonder with this new addition if it will make that area more crowded?

That's a really good question, when are you going?

Sunday September 9
Me, DH, DD, ma, sis

So we have had this trip booked for a year and last week my mom surprised us with MNSSHP tickets! We had planned to be in MK all day, but as past years have shown this won’t work with DD; she slept 90% of the party last year. SO this is a very chill, no pressure night, but I want an itinerary anyway.

4:30-4:50 Arrive at MK, take bypass for pictures, candy bags, SotMK Card at Firehouse.
5:00-5:20 Meet Ariel in her Grotto - FP+ 4:40 PM-5:30 PM
5:55-6:45 ADR for Skipper’s Canteen
6:50-7:15 Trick-or-Treat Jungle Cruise
7:20-8:00 Pirates & Trick or Treat
8:15-8:50 Haunted Mansion & Magic Shot
9:00-9:35 Frontierland Costume Promenade & Parade from Frontierland near Country Bear Jamboree
9:40-10:30 Hallowishes near Statue
10:45-11:05 Hocus Pocus Show
11:20 PM to the boat and back to the resort

Last edited:
Sunday September 9
Me, DH, DD, ma, sis

So we have had this trip booked for a year and last week my mom surprised us with MNSSHP tickets! We had planned to be in MK all day, but as past years have shown this won’t work with DD; she slept 90% of the party last year. SO this is a very chill, no pressure night, but I want an itinerary anyway.

5ish PM- arrive at MK, take bypass for pictures, candy bags.

5:30-6 PM FP for Jungle Cruise

5:55 PM ADR for Skipper’s Canteen

7:00-7:15 PM Trick-or-treat Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room & Pirates
-I doubt this meal will be an hour, but just in case.

7:20-8:00 PM ride Pirates

8:15-8:50 PM Castle show from Walt Statue

9:00-9:35 PM Parade from Ice Cream parlor

9:40-10:30 PM fireworks from same spot
-In between the Parade and fireworks we’ll take turns in the bathroom and possibly take DD for the dance party (but maybe not)

10:40-11 light shopping on Main Street and head out!

Hi and :welcome: back!!!! It's always good to see old friends! This was your plan last year: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/mnsshp-2017-strategy-in-the-making.3604086/page-19#post-57799400"]MNSSHP 2017 - Post #372[/URL] which is very different for this year. Last year you were planning on arriving at 3:15. How did things work out for you? Was your plan too aggressive because it's really different now.

Your itinerary has been posted to the Main Page!

Hi and :welcome: back!!!! It's always good to see old friends! This was your plan last year: MNSSHP 2017 - Post #372 which is very different for this year. Last year you were planning on arriving at 3:15. How did things work out for you? Was your plan too aggressive because it's really different now.

Your itinerary has been posted to the Main Page!

Glad to be back! A lot about last year didn’t pan out and not for lack of planning! Namely, I got salmonella poisoning at Akershus the night before our party. I was a mess well into the day after the party. We also found that DD did not sleep in/rest as we would have liked her to so she slept from 6 PM until the first parade, and the heat before the hurricane was bad. We were able to see Jack and Sally which was awesome, we met a guest dressed as Sarah Sanderson and got some fun photos, cause we were also dressed from Hocus Pocus, had a few treats, and a few photos, and a good time. In the end we decided we’d wait a few years before returning. But when the DVC discount was announced my mom bought tickets as a gift to us, so we’re going, but plan to take it slow and easy!

Glad to be back! A lot about last year didn’t pan out and not for lack of planning! Namely, I got salmonella poisoning at Akershus the night before our party. I was a mess well into the day after the party. We also found that DD did not sleep in/rest as we would have liked her to so she slept from 6 PM until the first parade, and the heat before the hurricane was bad. We were able to see Jack and Sally which was awesome, we met a guest dressed as Sarah Sanderson and got some fun photos, cause we were also dressed from Hocus Pocus, had a few treats, and a few photos, and a good time. In the end we decided we’d wait a few years before returning. But when the DVC discount was announced my mom bought tickets as a gift to us, so we’re going, but plan to take it slow and easy!

Well your plan is perfect for that. This is something I might change due to two new events

Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam Dance Party

New this year featuring some of your favorite Disney Junior Characters, including Doc McStuffins!
Confirmed Hours: 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.

Frontierland Costume Promenade

Confirmed Hours: 8:50 p.m. and 10:50 p.m.

8:15-8:50 PM Castle show from Walt Statue - Do you mean Hocus Pocus?

9:00-9:35 PM Parade from Ice Cream parlor - maybe in Frontierland?

I just wanted to extend a gracious thank you to @FoxC63 and her husband for a phenomenal Halloween gift card giveaway! I received my gift card today, and I don't have the words to express just how thankful and appreciative I am!

I'm so glad I was able to participate in the game. It was a BLAST! Even after winning, it was fun to stick around and watch the rest of the game play out. The time flew by and I think we all had a great time.

Thanks again! :thanks::cool1::goodvibes:cheer2:

I just wanted to extend a gracious thank you to @FoxC63 and her husband for a phenomenal Halloween gift card giveaway! I received my gift card today, and I don't have the words to express just how thankful and appreciative I am!

I'm so glad I was able to participate in the game. It was a BLAST! Even after winning, it was fun to stick around and watch the rest of the game play out. The time flew by and I think we all had a great time.

Thanks again! :thanks::cool1::goodvibes:cheer2:

Thank you for your kind words. We loved having you on the boards and I'll be sure to let my husband know! :hug:

:wave: ANNOUNCEMENT

My family and I will be taking a vacation to Disneyland, first time! We leave in five days! My last day on the Itinerary Thread is tomorrow Tuesday, August 7 and I will return Tuesday, August 28. In my absence I have asked the following fellow DISers to help you. I cannot say enough about them, their knowledge and commit in providing the best information is bar none. You will be in very good hands.

@Bex258 ,@OhioStateBuckeye , @Cluelyss and @HopperFan

upload_2018-8-6_17-13-39.png

Thank YOU so much for doing this for me. :grouphug:

:wave: ANNOUNCEMENT

My family and I will be taking a vacation to Disneyland, first time! We leave in five days! My last day on the Itinerary Thread is tomorrow Tuesday, August 7 and I will return Tuesday, August 28. In my absence I have asked the following fellow DISers to help you. I cannot say enough about them, their knowledge and commit in providing the best information is bar none. You will be in very good hands.

@Bex258 ,@OhioStateBuckeye , @Cluelyss and @HopperFan

View attachment 341915

Thank YOU so much for doing this for me. :grouphug:

Hope you have tons of fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter