“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: ANNOUNCEMENT

My family and I will be taking a vacation to Disneyland, first time! We leave in five days! My last day on the Itinerary Thread is tomorrow Tuesday, August 7 and I will return Tuesday, August 28. In my absence I have asked the following fellow DISers to help you. I cannot say enough about them, their knowledge and commit in providing the best information is bar none. You will be in very good hands.

@Bex258 ,@OhioStateBuckeye , @Cluelyss and @HopperFan

View attachment 341915

Thank YOU so much for doing this for me. :grouphug:
How fun! Have a great time. You will be missed.

Based on this, that's a hard call as you have not updated your itinerary. It's really important you get this done. When I'm gone, this is what the helpers are going to see.

How do I change the itinerary from what your last plan was that you suggested? That was perfect!

Well your plan is perfect for that. This is something I might change due to two new events

Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam Dance Party

New this year featuring some of your favorite Disney Junior Characters, including Doc McStuffins!
Confirmed Hours: 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.

Frontierland Costume Promenade

New this year in Frontierland, prospector Cactus-Flower Cate rounds up youngsters for the Frontierland Costume Promenade, encouraging them to show off their costumes in a quest for the greatest treasure in the land – candy!
Confirmed Hours: 8:50 p.m. and 10:50 p.m.

DD isn’t so big into the Disney Junior guys, if it was Descendants we’d be there (she really takes threenager to heart) she might like the costume parade, gotta chat to DH see what he thinks.

8:15-8:50 PM Castle show from Walt Statue - Do you mean Hocus Pocus?

Yes! This is top priority as DD slept through two shows last year. We don’t want to be super close cause DH gets twitchy in the crowds...

9:00-9:35 PM Parade from Ice Cream parlor - maybe in Frontierland?

This may be a good switch for us, we’d still have time to get back on Main Street for the fireworks and I could pop into buy some pins and merch... lots to think about and zero time!:eek:

Hope your westward stay is as magical as ever!:tinker:

This may be a good switch for us, we’d still have time to get back on Main Street for the fireworks and I could pop into buy some pins and merch... lots to think about and zero time!:eek:

Hope your westward stay is as magical as ever!:tinker:

I think your little one would love it! Thank you, I'll be back prior to your departure so we'll touch base then.

The Mickey spirit jersey was sold out.

I'm waiting on the tightrope girl ears (unless I've missed those too lol!) to wear for the party. I'm thinking about a disney bounding sort of thing with the tightrope girl ears plus a green skirt and maroon shirt.

Hmm, I see it as still available online at ShopDisney. :confused3

upload_2018-8-7_1-18-46.png

Link: https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-halloween-spirit-jersey-for-adults-1480324

EDIT: Extra Small, Medium Extra Large are Sold Out. I'm sure more will become available!

Last edited:
That doorbell!!!!! Ours just broke, too. I think it's a sign!

Edited to say it looks like it's more of a toy and not really meant to put on your front door.....how awesome would THAT have been?!?

HI and :welcome: to the DIS and the party! Wooohooo! What's missing are you're FP's whether you plan on making them when your window opens. I'm assuming you'll be attending the first parade, with DS being only 7 that's what I'd do. The only posts that you need to focus on are Posts #3 thru Post #8. We have plenty of time to work on your itinerary as more information is being released.

Your itinerary has been added to the Main page on post #1, page 1. Please do not re-post your itinerary as it causes confusion. If you make any changes just post a note, I know where to find you. To make changes, simply use the "edit" feature located on the bottom left of your post. :flower3:[/QUO
Thank you! Also, Kids are 12 and 8. I will update my itinerary post. :)

Hi not quite sure how to post I’ll be at the party on the 17th will anyone else be there that day

NEWS - 25th Anniversary of “Hocus Pocus”

Disney will be releasing the film on Blu-ray, including some very special exclusives for both Best Buy and Target.
The official release date for “Hocus Pocus on Blu-ray will be September 2nd.

Best Buy: The Sanderson Sisters Spell Book, steelbook which will include the Blu-ray disc and Digital HD:
View attachment 341570

Target: Exclusive which will include the Blu-ray disc, Digital Code and a Limited Edition 40 page gallery book.
View attachment 341571

Thanks at WDW News Today :thumbsup2
Link: https://wdwnt.com/2018/08/to-celebr...cus-pocus-will-receive-a-new-blu-ray-release/
Thank you for the information cannot wait to get it

I'm not sure how the DVC early entry will change things this year, but I don't think you need to line up for Jack and Sally at 3. We're AP holders and are always in the park early and were amongst the first few in line at 3:30-3:40.
I’ll be attending on the 17th and plan to arrive at mk st 3:30 then head over to js is that an okay plan oh and I heard that they give out autograph cards instead of signing is this true please help

So I have to tell my story...we've only done the Halloween Party once and we didn't really enjoy it. We went in mid-October and it was far and away the most crowded 5 hours of our entire week. We chose to see some characters because our daughter was small and we spent pretty much the entire party in 3 character meets, trick or treating, and the parade and show. I think we only got to 2 rides. Our daughter was whiny the whole time (not Disney's fault) until she fell asleep during the parade. After a similiarly bad experience at a MVMCP (again our daughter throwing a fit at about 7:15 PM that she wanted to go back to the room and complaining the whole time after insistent she wanted to go to the party - this one definitely not Disney's fault - but has completely turned me off to these parties.) I honestly swore we would never go back, but we are going in August when the parties are first starting and we are letting our daughter (15) bring a friend and they really want to go to the party. So I picked a Tuesday party (the 28th)

We have FP+ for two rides, BTMRR at 4:30 PM and HM at 5:30 PM. After HM we plan on allowing DD and BFF to go off on their own. If they decide they want to do characters (I don't think so) they are welcome to. We will not. I enjoy meeting characters but waiting in line for more than maybe 15 minutes to me is akin to torture.

We (the two adults) are going to take advantage of hopefully short ride lines, enjoy seeing folks' costumes taking breaks to cool/dry off as necessary, and then meeting back up with the girls before the fireworks. We'll then watch the fireworks at 10:15...maybe the Hocus Pocus show (depending on the weather) and the 11:15 parade. I am hoping the Tuesday party combined with the early date means the crowds are fairly low and we can actually enjoy ourselves - and DD and her friend will enjoy themselves as well. My wife paid for the tickets - so I am trying very consciously to have no expectations for the party so that I can maybe enjoy it for the first time.
How do you get fp on the days for mnsshp

Hi, and thanks for all the great advice on this thread!

Who: DD13 and myself
When: Friday August 17
First Time Ever at MNSSHP

Primary Goals: Rides while avoiding the midday heat. See the parade. See Hocus Pocus (if DD can make it that late). Maybe 1-2 stops for candy. Maybe 1 character meet (but low priority).

No Fastpasses (we will have already used FPs that day at Epcot in the morning).

Since my child wilts in the heat, my plan is to reach MK around 6:30pm or so.

6:30pm - Arrival
6:30pm-6:45pm - meander toward Frontierland
6:45pm-7:10pm - Splash Mountain
7:10pm-7:15pm - confirm that Big Thunder is indeed "closed for business" (otherwise will tweak itinerary and ride)
7:15pm-7:40pm - ride POTC (assume longer wait "than usual" due to the MNSSHP "enhancements")
7:40pm-8:20pm - meander/TBD
8:20pm-8:30pm - get a cold treat
8:30pm-8:50pm - watch Cadaver Dans in Frontierland at 8:30pm (???how long are their sets???)
8:50pm-9:15pm - stay put and wait for parade in Frontierland
9:15pm-9:35pm - watch parade
9:35pm-9:55pm - Haunted Mansion
Plan to Skip the fireworks (perhaps listen/catch them from Fantasyland)
9:55pm-11:40pm
-- Rides
o probably Peter Pan
o maybe 7Dwarves
o maybe Speedway
o definitely Space Mountain
o maybe People Mover
o probably Astro Orbiter
o whatever else is convenient/short line/nearby
-- Trick or treating (probably in Storybook)
-- M&G - possibly meet Lotso (I want to smell the strawberries!!)
-- Scream-o-ween dance party (just a quick visit - want a picture of Boo)
11:40pm-12:20pm - Hocus Pocus (if my kid can hang in there til then)
I’ll be there too I’m trying to figure it out as well since it’s my first time thank you fir the tip

If you head directly to Jack and Sally when you enter, then proceed to the dwarfs immediately after, you should be able to knock them both out by 7. Use mobile ordering while in the dwarf line and send one member of your group to pick it up, then eat while waiting.

Plan on the second parade and last HP show.

In prior years, the HH ghost MS has not been near HM, but in various locations around LS and Frontierland. Make sure you check where they are “meeting” this year as the location seems to change annually!
What do you mean by the hh ghosts can you meet them ?

Correct your itinerary, I'm going to take a break. Please note, Lots-O doesn't demand a great deal of time. He comes out at 7pm and quite honestly I would ride on something in that area, then go to Lots-O allow at least 15 minutes to meet him and add about 5/10 for the actual meet. ;) You could ride People Mover first.
Does he just do photo or furs he sign as well ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter