Youth Menu at the Be Our Guest

Robo

1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!
HERE
With no chicken fingers or burgers in sight, the Be Our Guest Restaurant kids’ menu features delicious options that let kids dine like grown-ups...

I know it's a "kid" meal, but 1/2 of 1/2 a sandwich & 3-4 fries? Really? :confused3

Maybe the whole point is that Disney want to try encourage different eating in children by putting this type of menu in a location many children will want to eat in and visit ? I know for a fact that the more varied menus at some Disney places have made me try different foods.

I wouldn't want to eat most of those items. The meat loaf looks horrible, making it in a Mickey shape doesn't make it look any better.:rotfl:

I think the menu is designed for crowd controll......offer things they dont want to eat, and the crowds will not be as bad.

the dinner menu does not appeal to me at all.....

That meatloaf look nasty!!!!!!

Actually for us this would be great as our kids love to eat food like this! I for one really like this!:thumbsup2

As a kid, I would have eaten pretty much everything that is offered on that kid's menu. I personally think it is nice to see something different from the norm. Plus those awesome cupcakes would have been a huge incentive to finish my veggies.

:confused3 I clicked on the link and then on the kids menu link but I couldn't find anything weird.
I found grilled chicken breast, grilled fish, steak,...
I'm actually quite pleased with a kid's menu without the usual junk food.
We do eat burgers and chicken fingers sometimes as a treat but it's certainly not the norm and I can't imagine that there are many kids out there that live strictly on junk food, so I guess that the majority of children would find something they liked on the menu.

Every day I read complaints that there is not enough variety for kids at WDW. Now let's hear the complaints that there are no chicken nuggets.

Maybe the whole point is that Disney want to try encourage different eating in children by putting this type of menu in a location many children will want to eat in and visit ?

Of course, that's what they're doing.
It's the "right thing to do." (Give me a break!!)

But, they can't MAKE people eat something they don't want to eat.

My kids would like most of those options. It wouldn't be a problem for our family. There have been restaurants we have avoided because the kid options wouldn't work. Parents with 'picky' eaters may need to bypass Be Our Guest.

Hence why Les Chefs de France serves hamburgers. Some people, especially children, really wont eat the food.

This appears to be the direction Disney is going.

I think the food court at Art of Animation got similar complaints when they didn't offer chicken nuggets or burgers as children's meals, I think they do have pizza though. I remember one person saying they'd still stay there, but would walk to Pop Century to eat so their kid could get nuggets.

And the problem is...?

Sorry, but I'm not seeing the issue here.

I weep for humanity if grilled steak, carved chicken sandwich and pulled pork on a children's menu are considered bad things.

I agree with you 100%....

however, if NYC can govern your health, and soda intake, why not WDW?

The pulled pork looks like a turd on a plate. It really does.

:lmao::rotfl2:
The menu is crazy for kids. I understand a break from the standard chicken nuggets and mac n cheese....but how about something they will eat??

I'm sure this "adult fare" kids menu idea sounded great in the staff meetings.

Of course, I give them about a week, and the chicken nuggets a hot dogs will magically appear
(even if they are not featured on the menu.)

It's a long-standing Disney policy to make the dining guests happy.

Also, someone should have told the "food stylist" at the photo shoot that they
should make the menu items look more like "Disney fun"
and not like skimpy "nouvelle cuisine."

And I would imagine that, like Disney has done for years, if a child cannot find a single thing on that menu that they will eat, the kitchen will be happy to prepare them some plain pasta or a PB&J or chicken breast or whatever.

Disney gets blasted for only offering "kid food" to kids and for not having enough variety for kids' more adventurous palates. Now they present something that is a little bit outside the box, and they get blasted because food that no one has tasted yet is unpalatable?

Can't win for losin'

:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter