• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? - Update 7/22/12!!! Shocked?!?!?! So Am I!

I am only replying to this part tonight... Not to worry... I'll respond to the rest of you later...

No fair that you're holding your TR hostage with my PTR - I can only sew so fast girly ... :surfweb:

D~

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You :love: me ;)

Loving your trip report so far and the jeans and shoes are adorable! Looking forward to seeing all those outfits!

Thanks!!! I feel like I learned a bunch on this trip . . .lots of what works and doesn't work for us. I guess that means we just have to go back so we can put all of that valuable knowledge to use, right?

I want to go!!!

I totally didn't think about printing them out when I was done until everyone started asking if I was going to - but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea!

You definitely should, it was the FIRST thing I thought of..and you can teach me that while we sew, I have a MAC!

And remember, we already KNEW I was crazy ;) We all are from "The Board that Must NOT Be Named", aren't we? We must be . . . :) There's no koolaid drinking going on with US any longer! :lmao:

Must know what that means....I am nosy like that!

I agree! A little crazy DOES make life much more interesting! :thumbsup2
After I de-Christmas (because although I cleaned up a bunch today, I can't get the ornament boxes out of the attic without DH and he was off golfing all day) I plan on pulling out the autograph squares and coming up with a plan. I'll take pictures of them then and post!

That is what we were doing when Rachel showed me the "blotches" on Bandit...I love the autograph book plan!

:wave: Hi! Sounds like Judy & I and the kids will be driving up at some point - are you ready for the Star Wars/AG/Embroidery Playdate? Oh! And D~ are you flying in? Michelle isn't far from the PVD airport so picking you and Patience up won't be a problem :laughing:
I am READY...I can be packed in ten minutes!

And Disney Outlet - well, I have a love/hate relationship with ours. It's at Concord Mills, which isn't so much an outlet mall like it used to be . . .so some stores ARE outlets and others aren't. . . and the Disney Store Outlet sort of straddles the line between outlet and regular. We get TONS of Disneyland merchandise and sometimes we get great outlet deals . . . but then there's always stuff that's sold in the regular Disney Store and at the same prices. But those shirts were a great deal - $4.99 a piece!

I SOOOOOOOOO Agree with you on this, so frustrating since they can't carry some thing's since they are an "Outlet". You aren't too far form my house when you go to Concord MIlls...hint hint...

Thanks! And yes - 38 things . . . if I counted correctly. . . might have been more. I know I sewed OTHER things during the same time period because I participated in Big Gives and made a couple of gifts for friends.
Ack! I tried to proof my own work - sometimes it just doesn't go as planned though! Thanks for pointing that out!

PLUS SIX EXTRA Iron ONs for us, in addition to Lisa and Molly's capes!

Okay - so you can all thank D~ for my lack of new pages tonight. I decided that I won't post any for at least the next 12 hours until she puts up the pictures of her newest creation. . . popcorn::

ACCCKKKK, so much pressure on D~!!!!!

:wave: Hi! Sounds like Judy & I and the kids will be driving up at some point - are you ready for the Star Wars/AG/Embroidery Playdate? Oh! And D~ are you flying in? Michelle isn't far from the PVD airport so picking you and Patience up won't be a problem :laughing:

And yes, you . . . and D~ . . . and all the rest of my crazy DIS friends (both from the boards and from real life before the boards) :)

Sounds like a fun plan. :lmao: Maybe Andrea can come up too and check on her house:lmao: And I'll pick D up from the airport:thumbsup2

As far as the journal pages - I'm making them in Pages on my Mac. I save them as PDF files and then crop them and save as a jpeg. I upload the jpegs to Photobucket and post the img link to the report :) Easy, right? :rotfl2:

:lmao: You lost me at MAC:rotfl2:

Wow!
So - Judy - when are we going to start these lessons? Did D~ tell you I bought another vintage machine? This one needs some work done first, but from what she tells me it will have a gorgeous satin stitch when I'm done with it! Then we could sew side by side at my dining room table while the kids play :)

I am SO READY!!! I have some fabric I can't seem to get anyone to make me anything with so I better learn myself....:lmao::rotfl2: If we could just score an embroidery machine....

And Disney Outlet - well, I have a love/hate relationship with ours. It's at Concord Mills, which isn't so much an outlet mall like it used to be . . .so some stores ARE outlets and others aren't. . . and the Disney Store Outlet sort of straddles the line between outlet and regular. We get TONS of Disneyland merchandise and sometimes we get great outlet deals . . . but then there's always stuff that's sold in the regular Disney Store and at the same prices. But those shirts were a great deal - $4.99 a piece!

I think I have the same Love hate relationship with our Disney Outlet. Our's is at the Gurnee Mills and our mall is going the same way as yours. It started out as an outlet, but not so much anymore.:confused3 We also get tons of Disney Land stuff in which I have found some really good deals, but it has Disney Land on the front I wont get it. I did just get some stuff there because they were having a great sale.:woohoo: I can usually get some kids t-shirts there for under $10 which is always a + in my book.:thumbsup2

ACCCKKKK, so much pressure on D~!!!!!

Tell me about it... :rolleyes1

Sounds like a fun plan. :lmao: Maybe Andrea can come up too and check on her house:lmao: And I'll pick D up from the airport:thumbsup2

Thanks! :thumbsup2 At least I have a ride now... I owe ya one! :lovestruc Here I thought you'd all leave me at the airport. :confused3

D~ <--- Who updated her PTR just like she said she would... Where's your update Missy??? :surfweb:

Sewing AND trip talk? I'm definitely in! Now back I go to catch up! :banana:

Tell me about it... :rolleyes1

Thanks! :thumbsup2 At least I have a ride now... I owe ya one! :lovestruc Here I thought you'd all leave me at the airport. :confused3

D~ <--- Who updated her PTR just like she said she would... Where's your update Missy??? :surfweb:

See the next post - 6 new pages :) And we're not going out tonight for NYE, so I can do more pages if the boys cooperate ;)

Sewing AND trip talk? I'm definitely in! Now back I go to catch up! :banana:

Yay! Welcome along!

Well, D~ updated her PTR with her newest FABULOUS messenger bag, so as promised, here are 6 new pages! I still have to do a page for our Ohana outfits and a wrap up of the day, but these six pages bring me to the end of my first day's worth of photos :)

Without further ado -

MimiPapajpeg.jpg

SwordFightjpeg.jpg

PirateRoomsjpeg.jpg

Transportationjpeg.jpg

Ohanajpeg.jpg

FirstNightjpeg.jpg

Awww.... I love, love, love the update! I just love how stinkin' cute those boys are - those guys just tug at your heartstrings - my favorite is the boys each sound asleep on one of you - precious!

I think it's so awesome that you have such wonderful parents... Where your DH's parents are polar opposites, your parents make up for it. I am so glad you were able to spend this trip with them - the boys will remember it forever!

D~

Awww.... I love, love, love the update! I just love how stinkin' cute those boys are - those guys just tug at your heartstrings - my favorite is the boys each sound asleep on one of you - precious!

I think it's so awesome that you have such wonderful parents... Where your DH's parents are polar opposites, your parents make up for it. I am so glad you were able to spend this trip with them - the boys will remember it forever!

D~

That cuteness factor keeps me from completely losing it on days like today. They were really good at the mall until the end and then it was like crazy people had invaded!!! :sad2: I actually almost lost my phone (and we ONLY have cell phones, no house phone) because Finn was trying to break his neck and Phalen was just being uber self-absorbed. I dropped it in Barnes & Noble, didn't realize until I was in the next store and honestly thought this creepy dude had stolen it. Luckily this nice lady that works there saw my distress and offered to call it for me . . .we didn't hear it anywhere but the guy who worked at B&N and found it ANSWERED! Phew!
I put the boys in the car after retrieving my phone and told them we were going home for naps. Phalen listened, Finn did not. Little stinker kept coming out and asking for stuff. :headache:

Okay - so now that I've filled you in on my drama of the afternoon, I have to agree with you about my parents vs in-laws. Part of me (and Dave, as we've had this conversation too many times to count) wonders if our "view" of his parents is skewed because of HOW great my parents are . . . but no, his parents really are just that crazy. :rolleyes1 However, it does make us appreciate MY parents even more :lovestruc

For those of you who I'm friends with on Facebook - if you've noticed me posting ABOUT my Trip Report but NOT posting a link (and we know I'm all about the links), it's because my in-laws cyber stalk me - they have a folder on their desktop of all my facebook statuses for example - and I don't want them to follow me here to the Dis. This is my "safe place" from their craziness :)

:hug::grouphug::hug: For the crazy in-laws! I am so sorry about that! YOUR parents seem like wonderful people and awesome grandparents. I LOVE the new update, the rooms are amazing!! O'hana sounds like it was a marvelous time, sorry about not getting the seat to see Wishes...sometimes I just want to say...WHY????:confused3

I am happy you found your phone, no phone if that had been gone.HOpe the little cuties settle down and you have a nice, peaceful night!

:cool1: Another update. We love OHANAs too. :cloud9:

:hug: That is just crazy that you IL have a folder on you. I remember when you posted that this summer. Honestly I think it always seems to be the hubby's side that is messed up:rolleyes1

That is why I tell my brother he can never get married because we will be the crazy inlaws.:lmao:

I've kissed the Blarney Stone.

I used to have a darkroom in my basement.

I :love: Disney.

It's like we're related.

I'm loving your trip report. It reminds me of when I used to go with two little boys :sad1: .

Thanks for joining us! And by the way, did you know D's page is actually Andrea's page? :rotfl2: I guess it's mine, Cheryl & Lisa's too, but we're letting Andrea do the heavy lifting on that one. I've got my TR to do, Cheryl had movie production and Navy men invading her house and Lisa's jet-setting to various Disney locales . . . Andrea just has to keep up with work, laundry, and her daughter cracks the whip on new "AG & me" outfits for her and her doll :flower3:

Wow! You pay attention.

So glad you like it! Welcome aboard (although I'll warn you, some of the ladies in here, well, they're a little crazy - lovable, but crazy - so prepare for a fun ride!:rotfl2:

So it wasn't just me that noticed that.

I think I have the same Love hate relationship with our Disney Outlet. Our's is at the Gurnee Mills and our mall is going the same way as yours. It started out as an outlet, but not so much anymore.:confused3 We also get tons of Disney Land stuff in which I have found some really good deals, but it has Disney Land on the front I wont get it. I did just get some stuff there because they were having a great sale.:woohoo: I can usually get some kids t-shirts there for under $10 which is always a + in my book.:thumbsup2

Gurnee Mills?? My husband and I will always have a soft spot on our hearts for Gurnee Mills. We spent a lot of time there when we went to Chicago for our son's boot camp graduation.

:hug::grouphug::hug: For the crazy in-laws! I am so sorry about that! YOUR parents seem like wonderful people and awesome grandparents. I LOVE the new update, the rooms are amazing!! O'hana sounds like it was a marvelous time, sorry about not getting the seat to see Wishes...sometimes I just want to say...WHY????:confused3

I am happy you found your phone, no phone if that had been gone.HOpe the little cuties settle down and you have a nice, peaceful night!

Thanks!!! And I agree - sometimes, it's just a big ol' "WHY?" :confused3 :thumbsup2

:cool1: Another update. We love OHANAs too. :cloud9:

:hug: That is just crazy that you IL have a folder on you. I remember when you posted that this summer. Honestly I think it always seems to be the hubby's side that is messed up:rolleyes1

That is why I tell my brother he can never get married because we will be the crazy inlaws.:lmao:

:rotfl2:

I've kissed the Blarney Stone.

I used to have a darkroom in my basement.

I :love: Disney.

It's like we're related.

I'm loving your trip report. It reminds me of when I used to go with two little boys :sad1: .

Wow! You pay attention.

So it wasn't just me that noticed that.

Oh Cheryl - my mom is totally into Genealogy research and could probably figure out a way that we really are related. . . I had three friends in college that she met and within a week she had figured out how our family trees intersected :rolleyes1 Have any Mayflower descendants? :confused3

And your comment about reminding you of going with your own little boys :flower3: I bet those trips are ones they still look back on fondly!

and yes, I'd say quite a few of us have realized there's a little crazy goin' on around here ;)

Oops! Meant to add -

I have one of my two pages complete but I don't want to post one without the other . . . I WILL get it done before 2012 though, I promise!!!

It's 9:51pm and Phalen is happily playing Wii Disney Universe (we borrowed it from Redbox for the night to see if we like it or not - so far he gives it a :thumbsup2 ). Finn is trying to go to sleep. Dave & I are trying to figure out what we've done with our younger, hipper selves :confused3

I'm about to go in the kitchen and make some rootbeer floats. Regular for Phalen and with Vanilla Vodka for Dave & I :woohoo: That's the extent of our bigtime partying tonight :rolleyes:

I am so loving this TR! Plus I love to see the Bears shirt on your DH!!! Go Bears! Can't wait for more

Oops!

It's 9:51pm and Phalen is happily playing Wii Disney Universe (we borrowed it from Redbox for the night to see if we like it or not - so far he gives it a :thumbsup2 ). Finn is trying to go to sleep. Dave & I are trying to figure out what we've done with our younger, hipper selves :confused3

I'm about to go in the kitchen and make some rootbeer floats. Regular for Phalen and with Vanilla Vodka for Dave & I :woohoo: That's the extent of our bigtime partying tonight :rolleyes:

It is 9:39 pm here and DH and DS are playing PS3 while I am here....reading about YOUR trip....makes me feel like I was never Hip! LOL! Rootbeer float sounds good though!

Happy New Year...Thanks for sharing!

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter