You just lost 80 pounds! What are you Going to do next? Ending TR

Love your TR so far! What an inspiration you are - love your positive attitude! I can tell that you make friends wherever you go :) Can't wait to read more!

Love it Millie, this chapter was such an insiration and just what I needed to hear

Hi Camille! My name is Holly, and I am soooooo excited to have found your trip report!! We are planning a trip in October or November of 2014, and I have a goal to lose 80 lbs before we go! I am about to go check out your PTR, too. You are going to be a huge encouragement to me. I have been going for just a week, so I am just starting my journey. I can't wait to hear more about your trip! Thanks! :)

All caught up! I am so proud of you for sticking with it when things got tough, I think you will inspire many.

Love the seat belt picture, you go girl!

As always, you make me smile.

Love your reports, and your faith! And your weight loss. I just lost nearly 40 pounds and will have about 20 to go. I'm older than you -- 62-- and I just started the Couch to 5 K running program. I think I must be nuts! But I want to be able to run! I want to run at Disney someday, despite the bad knee, awful feet, several foot surgeries and everything else. If you can't be stopped -- me neither!

Looking forward to reading more!

Hi Camille! My name is Holly, and I am soooooo excited to have found your trip report!! We are planning a trip in October or November of 2014, and I have a goal to lose 80 lbs before we go! I am about to go check out your PTR, too. You are going to be a huge encouragement to me. I have been going for just a week, so I am just starting my journey. I can't wait to hear more about your trip! Thanks! :)

Hi Holly! :wave2: So glad to have you aboard!! :goodvibes Sounds like you have bigger goals than I did!! :thumbsup2 I lost the weight over the course of two years and still working on it to lose the rest. Let me know if there is any I can do or any kind of encouragement you need along the way, it truly helps to have the support of others to keep you going through a big change like this. Don't be afraid to reach out to others along the way. ::yes:: :thumbsup2

:jumping1::welcome::jumping1:

All caught up! I am so proud of you for sticking with it when things got tough, I think you will inspire many.

Love the seat belt picture, you go girl!

As always, you make me smile.

Thank you Cynthia!! :) So glad to have you along. Hope you had a wonderful trip.

Love your reports, and your faith! And your weight loss. I just lost nearly 40 pounds and will have about 20 to go. I'm older than you -- 62-- and I just started the Couch to 5 K running program. I think I must be nuts! But I want to be able to run! I want to run at Disney someday, despite the bad knee, awful feet, several foot surgeries and everything else. If you can't be stopped -- me neither!

Looking forward to reading more!

AP!! Good to have you here!! :goodvibes I've started your TR a while back and love your style!! :) I need to get over there and catch up. Way to go on your weight loss, girl!! I've thought about the C 2 5K too, don't think it will happen for me.

:jumping1::welcome::jumping1:

Hi :wave2:
I have come across your TR because of the title and have joined along. I wanted to take the time and write a little note to say Thank you! :thanks: Thank you for writing about your journey, even if some of it was not that fun. There is a lot of people out there that struggle with their weight, I am one of them. It is not an easy thing to train your mind to think of food as energy/fuel instead of celebration/pleasure. Also that exercising can be a fun thing to do instead of a chore. It is a very difficult thing to do and I commend you! :worship: Great job on losing 80 lbs! :banana: I too have made a goal back in March that I want to lose 100 lbs and then go back to Disney. I have lost 15 lbs but then keep going up and down since, therefore I think I am only down 10 now. :worried: Reading your story has made me think again about my goal... so again, Thank you! I look forward to reading the rest of your TR (I will go back and read your PTR) and look forward to the motivation. :woohoo: Thanks again for sharing! :)

80 pounds ??? What an accomplishment !! Congratulations !! I struggle with weight myself and have had a pretty bad ankle injury sideline me for several months. Almost a year in fact. Thankfully, I haven't gained much and all of my clothes still fit, but I need to lose 50-60 pounds and getting motivated is so hard.

Anyway, can't wait to read more about your trip and your weight loss journey.

Susan

Hello! :wave2: Congrats on on your hard work and how it has paid off! My mom just recently hit the 80 lb weight loss mark. She went with me, DH, and DS3 to WDW last year and it was so great to see her being active as she had hoped to be. She found out about 1.5 years ago that she was diabetic and was determined to not go on medication. She has completely reversed her diabetes and is a work out queen! :worship: And like you, she credits it all to God. Around the time she was diagnosed with diabetes, I was diagnosed with several health issues including TONS of food allergies. We have leaned on each other and God through this journey of completely changing our eating habits. It is so great to see others who have been able to stick to their goal- it is so encouraging! Looking forward to the rest of your report! :banana:

Wow what an inspiration you are. I cannot wait to follow along on your report.
Congrats on MOVING FORWARD.
Keep going, keep going, keep going. Your doing fantastic.
So awesome.....

KIM

Hi :wave2:
I have come across your TR because of the title and have joined along. I wanted to take the time and write a little note to say Thank you! :thanks: Thank you for writing about your journey, even if some of it was not that fun.

:blush: Aw, you're so welcome. And yes you are right, a lot of it wasn't fun. But it was rewarding, I think it finally took me hitting the 50 lb. mark for me to think I might actually do this.

There is a lot of people out there that struggle with their weight, I am one of them. It is not an easy thing to train your mind to think of food as energy/fuel instead of celebration/pleasure. Also that exercising can be a fun thing to do instead of a chore. It is a very difficult thing to do and I commend you! :worship: Great job on losing 80 lbs! :banana:

Just to give you an idea of how I had to redirect my thinking in this process.....Exercise can be fun, for some people, I am not one of them. :laughing: I don't hate it, but I didn't start out liking it, I was able to work past it because......I just didn't allow that thought to be my focus (again it's usually the little things we allow ourselves to get hung up on and use as our excuses as to why we quit). This weight loss wasn't just a decision I made lightly and said Awww, what the heck, I'll give it a whirl and if it works it works. Nope, I knew it had to be a way of life, a way of thinking that was so different from what I've allowed myself to think in the past. Soooo, out of a lot of determination and lots of prayer I was able to do just that. I didn't allow myself to think about the exercise I was doing other than just doing it and doing it correctly, I couldnt' afford to think of anything else if I wanted to be free from the weighty cage I had created for myself.
How that has to happen I'm sure will be different for everyone, having a t.v. on while I was exercising helped, having my inspiration wall to look at helped, having my phone to text or talk with a friend at times helped, and I won't lie, a lot of the time prayer helped to refocus me when I didn't want to finish a workout. Oh! And also mind tricks, sometimes I'd start to get focused on how much longer I had to go to finish out my cardio, so I'd ask myself...."Can you finish 5 more mins.? I can do 5 more mins., that's easy!" And then keep asking that until I was able to finish the workout. I would feel so accomplished when I did!! :goodvibes Sometimes I'd sit up on my bike at 11 o'clock at night and yell to everyone in the house how I didn't want to be working out. :rolleyes: No, working out at 11 at night wasn't common :laughing:, but if I had plans that day that got in the way of my workout schedule then that's what I had to do, I was determined to follow it through. I knew if I allowed myself to start making excuses I would fail like all the times I had in the past.

And yes food it a tough one to get your head around, but once you find out what you are putting in your body and caring what that does to your body, it's not so hard to turn it around. But I really had to want it, that's key in all of this. Did I really want to be healthy? Am I willing to do what it takes to be healthy? And then, no matter what, following through with what it takes to make it so. And I won't lie, I eat a pretty boring diet, but anyone successful I've spoken with says the same thing, they eat a pretty predictable and fairly boring diet. I know that sounds daunting, but it can be done. :) I love food, but I started to love what healthy food could do for me more than the short term feeling of what junky food could give me. There are long term consequences, both ways, so why not choose the better one! :)

Wow! Sorry to be so long winded!! :rotfl: I'm so glad you are here, and I'm so glad you are inspired by my story.

I too have made a goal back in March that I want to lose 100 lbs and then go back to Disney. I have lost 15 lbs but then keep going up and down since, therefore I think I am only down 10 now. :worried: Reading your story has made me think again about my goal... so again, Thank you! I look forward to reading the rest of your TR (I will go back and read your PTR) and look forward to the motivation. Thanks again for sharing! :)

You are so welcome. And I've done the up, down thing too, off and on through out this journey too, it always came down to the food. It's 85% of the success we have in losing weight, we can exercise until we are blue in the face, but if we aren't being mindful to what we are eating it will blow all of our hard work. I use fitness pal to help with keeping an idea of what kind of calories I was eating, I don't follow their plan because I think the calories they tell you to eat are waaaay to low, but it's a great tool to help with calorie counting. :) Oh! And water too, if you aren't drinking enough water you won't lose, no matter how much you are working out. It was kind of one big science experiment on how to figure out what worked for my body when it came to food and calorie counting, if you ever want help or want ideas please don't hesitate to PM me. :)

80 pounds ??? What an accomplishment !! Congratulations !! I struggle with weight myself and have had a pretty bad ankle injury sideline me for several months. Almost a year in fact. Thankfully, I haven't gained much and all of my clothes still fit, but I need to lose 50-60 pounds and getting motivated is so hard.

Anyway, can't wait to read more about your trip and your weight loss journey.

Susan

Thank you so much, Susan. And I know you can do it if you truly set your heart and mind to doing it. Also, get a support group, I know that sounds daunting, but it REALLY helps! It's good to have someone holding us accountable and supporting us along the way. There will always be bumps in the road, you need others to help us through them. I know I sure did.

Hello! :wave2: Congrats on on your hard work and how it has paid off! My mom just recently hit the 80 lb weight loss mark. She went with me, DH, and DS3 to WDW last year and it was so great to see her being active as she had hoped to be. She found out about 1.5 years ago that she was diabetic and was determined to not go on medication. She has completely reversed her diabetes and is a work out queen! :worship: And like you, she credits it all to God. Around the time she was diagnosed with diabetes, I was diagnosed with several health issues including TONS of food allergies. We have leaned on each other and God through this journey of completely changing our eating habits. It is so great to see others who have been able to stick to their goal- it is so encouraging! Looking forward to the rest of your report! :banana:

Thank you for reading along! :) It's so great to hear your mom has done such a great job!! :cheer2:

Wow what an inspiration you are. I cannot wait to follow along on your report.
Congrats on MOVING FORWARD.
Keep going, keep going, keep going. Your doing fantastic.
So awesome.....

KIM

Thank you, Kim! Keeping on Moving Forward I will!! :goodvibes

party::welcome:party: EVERYONE!!

Hi Camille! Just read all the last comments - it is so exciting to see how you are inspiring so many by honestly sharing your journey. You are such a blessing to so many! :flower3:

Oh my dear, I can't wait to read more. You know I am so proud of you and reading your challenges brought a tear to my eye. When I think about how hard it is with a mum with cancer and all the stress, I am even more proud of you than ever, and all that time on your pre-trip you were so upbeat and positive. You are awesome and you deserve all your success! :hug:

Hi Camille! Just read all the last comments - it is so exciting to see how you are inspiring so many by honestly sharing your journey. You are such a blessing to so many! :flower3:

:blush: Thank you, Ms. Tammie.

If I don't have honesty I have nothing, at least that's how I see it.

Oh my dear, I can't wait to read more. You know I am so proud of you and reading your challenges brought a tear to my eye. When I think about how hard it is with a mum with cancer and all the stress, I am even more proud of you than ever, and all that time on your pre-trip you were so upbeat and positive. You are awesome and you deserve all your success! :hug:

:hug: Alysa, you are such a sweetheart. Thank you for your compliments. :lovestruc
The upbeat and positive comes from staying in close contact with the Lord, I know God has placed a spirit of joy inside of me and I cherish that joy. Joy can happen in spite of any situation, it doesn't mean you are happy all the time and that you never get sad, it just means that there is something that God has placed inside of you that you can always tap into during all of the trials life has to offer.
I've seen it happen for people in situations that you would never think they would find joy. Such as the friend I talked about in the start of my PTR, she was able to praise about the good things even at her sons funeral. That's not a human thing she was tapped into there, that was a heavenly thing. Wouldn't you think?
You see, I dealt with depression for 11 years, and once I was set free from that and then given a spirit of joy, I hang on to it with all I have. I know the cost of not, and I know the reward when I do.

As you can see by my list there are many instances where that joy is wanting to be stolen, and don't get me wrong I've had my anger moments, total flesh moments about some if not all of those things, but I don't allow myself to stay there long. If we allow ourselves to stay there long that's when depression or anger sets in, and I've been there, done that. I don't want any part of that any more. So I choose the gifts God has given us, a prayer relationship, and the gift of joy to tap into any time I want.

You say you are proud of me, and I can't tell you how much that means to me, but I too am proud of me. I've never worked so hard at anything besides overcoming depression and staying married for 21 years. I've learned a lot through this, I hope I hang onto those life lessons and use them for whatever God has next for me.

Wow! Congrats on the weight loss! I'm going to read your back story!

This is what I need, so motivation! We're plainning on talking my 1 year old to Disney in Sept/Oct 2014. I really want to loose some weight before going, so I can ride with her and not get winded. I need to loose a good amount 80-100 lbs. I'm glad to have found this thread!

Well you have encouraged me i the past so I am happy I could help. :goodvibes

So sorry, Jessica. I didn't see this until now. :rolleyes:

Wow! Congrats on the weight loss! I'm going to read your back story!

This is what I need, so motivation! We're plainning on talking my 1 year old to Disney in Sept/Oct 2014. I really want to loose some weight before going, so I can ride with her and not get winded. I need to loose a good amount 80-100 lbs. I'm glad to have found this thread!

So glad to have you here, Ella. Glad to know in some way I've inspired you to get the weight off. Trust me, you'll feel soooo much better for it. Especially in the parks. :)

Congratulations on your weight loss! I can't wait to hear about your amazing trip.

Thank you!! Hope the TR meets up to the hype. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter