You just lost 80 pounds! What are you Going to do next? Ending TR

In for your TR popcorn::
:thumbsup2

I'm here!!

Michele!! :goodvibes

I'm here. Sorry it didn't work out for us to meet up while you were here.

No worries, Michelle. I know how hard it can be to try and wrangle family. :) I'm sure there will be other opportunities.

Yay, you started your tr!!!
:goodvibes So glad you are here!

Sounds great! Can't wait to read more! Way to go on your weight loss!!!

I'm currently playing a game with myself, for every pound I lose between now and my trip, I earn $1 to spend on myself!!

Thank you. How are you doing on yours so far?!?

Hi Camille! I'm Nathalie. I noticed your PTR towards the end, caught up, and then lurked through the last of it...and have since been looking out for you to start a TR. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and that I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

Howdy, Nathalie! I almost called you Nat, I'm thinking that will be a hard one to break since I wanted to call you that from the start. :laughing: So glad you are here!

Here but have to read later. Excited. Been waiting for this TR

Hey girlie! Glad you're here. :)

I just read your intros, Camille. Your daughter has grown up, hasn't she? And a beautiful young girl too.

I'll try to keep up, but I'm not on the DIS much any more.

She has!! She's all of 5'10 now!! :faint: Crazy I tell ya! And thank you, I think she's beautiful but I'm a bit biased. No worries if you can't keep up for a while, I know you have a lot of craziness going on in your life right now. :goodvibes At least most of it's good craziness!! :thumbsup2 I have a feeling I'll be around for a while doing this TR, so worries about getting back here in a hurry. :)

So many new faces!! And some wonderful familiar one's too. :goodvibes

Congrats on your weight loss!! I'm a newbie so you don't know me (yet), but your fam is beautiful. Can't wait to hear more!

WDW in pearls, huh? I'm thinkin I like your style already! :goodvibes

Congrats on your weight loss! I am taking a mother daughter trip myself so I cant wait to read more of your TR!

Happy to have you here Snow.

I'm here!

Jill in CO

Yeaaaah, Jill is here!

So exciting, I just read a bit of your PTR and I'm so excited to join in. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Thank you, so glad you are here. :goodvibes

Missed page one by ....... thaaaat much. :rotfl:

Okay a little more than that much now.

Pat!! Just glad you are here, I don't care what page you're on! :hug:

Yay, I'm excited that you've started. :goodvibes

Thank you! :goodvibes Happy to have you here.

I'm here and I LOVE the title! Now back to read... can't wait for your big reveal!!! Hey, call me or something - my phone lost almost all of my contacts :(

ETA: Okay, I'm back - Fun start up! I love your silly sayin's. And I guess I have the same disease - I love to throw random quotes out and lines from songs that no one knows anymore. I guess I will understand you just fine!

I'm just so happy to have you here, my friend. :hug: Left you a text. Let me know if you got it. :)

Joining in. :wave: LOVE the title. Loosing 80 pounds is awesome! Congratulations. About a year ago I lost 70 pounds and boy was it hard! I can't wait thread more.

Oh and Whoop! I am a fellow Texan. Love Texas.

Thank you!! Congrats to you too!! It is hard! But worth it for our health. :)Whoop! Glad to have you here!!

Lana! So glad to have you here! :goodvibes

Congratulation subscribing....:)

Thank you!! It was a long tough haul, but I had Disney World at the end of it, that made it all worth the while.

I'm in! Looking forward to hearing about the trip!

Thank you for being here to hear about it. :goodvibes

Congratulations on losing 80 pounds. :thumbsup2 What an awesome accomplishment! You are so entertaining. I can't wait to read about your trip.

As I'm sitting here on my couch contemplating what I'm going to write out as my official start of my TR, and I can't help to note how overwhelmed I am with the thoughts of how I got here....

I'm overwhelmed!! :laughing: I'm overwhelmed with how far I've come, how hard it was to get here, who helped me along the way, (I have a lot of you beautiful Dis'ers to thank for that) and how it all came together.

I'm overwhelmed looking at pictures from previous trips (to come-I promise) compared to the one's I have now. <fighting the dust in my eyes> Not because of how vain I've become :rotfl:, but to see such a difference!!
When you are the one going through it you only see it through the eyes you've always seen yourself with, it's hard to change the image burned into your mind for 20 years. I'd be a dang fool to say I'm not different, I know I'm different, but you don't really see it until you see pictures of yourself compared to the way you use to look. :rolleyes:

You see, my latest journey going to WDW didn't start out like it probably does for most people. Most people start out planning because it's a fun place to go, and it's where you want to spend time with your family making memories. I've been there and done that, but this time I didn't want my memories mixed with the negativity I closely related going to WDW with.
I know! The horror! Negative thoughts about going to Disney!! :laughing:

No, this trip started out as an incentive, a reward if you will.
It started out with the intentions to keep my hiney moving, to have a trip where I wasn't in such pain I'm popping tylenol and anti-inflammatories like they're dang M&M's.

I wanted this trip to be different from aaaaaaall other trips, how did I want this trip to be so different?!? I wanted to go a 100 pounds lighter. :eek:
Yes, you heard me right, I wanted to go on this trip 100 pounds down from where I was.
Lofty goal, huh? I thought it was, I'm not gonna lie, I thought it down right impossible at times. ::yes::

When I started on my weight loss journey I didn't have anything but shear will and determination that I wasn't going to live in pain any more, I wasn't going to be a burden on my family in the future. I wanted out of this hell I had put myself into with my weight.
Granted it took a few physical things to have gotten me where I was, along with serious lack of knowledge when it came to what I was actually putting into my body, not to mention serious lack of giving two hoots about what I was putting into my mouth at times as well.
There were times I had given up on having a full life (because I really didn't think I could have one due to the physical challenges) and sometimes that got the best of me and I ate to comfort myself, of course this was a vicious cycle because the more weight I put on the worse my condition would become. :rolleyes2

I honestly didn't start out the weight loss with Disney in mind, I was actually just thinking about the weight at first, and one point I thought I needed an inspiration to keep me focused. Focused on things besides how great I was going to feel, and hopefully look. Yes, I questioned how I was going to look even with a 100 pounds off of me, when you have an extra 50-100 pounds on for close to 20 years you have no idea what you'll be left with at the end. :laughing: For all I knew, I could look like one of those balloons with it's air let out! :rotfl:

I laugh, but these are some of the lies the enemy feeds you when he tries to keep you where you are...."How will you really look with this weight off, Camille?
Do you really think you'll be as pretty as you were before you put the weight on?
Do you really think you have what it takes to look decent again, do you really think you have what it takes to get the weight off or are you just fooling yourself?!?"
And on and on. I'm sure those who've struggled with anything understand the ridiculous recordings going off inside your head to keep you where you are/were. Not pretty, is it? :sad2: "Not soooo muuach! But enough about that."

Something I left out about me in my introduction, (and incase you didn't read my PTR to start out) I'm a believer. I believe all of what I've done here to lose the weight, has been in major part due to God, God sustained me through this entire journey. I don't tell you this to conform anyone, I'm not here to convert, I'm just here to share my story about how I got to go on a Disney trip 80 pounds lighter than I started out.
I bring this up incase you were wondering why I said the enemy in my previous paragraph, if I'm a believer in God then I think it's now pretty obvious what I mean by the enemy. And we'll just leave it at that. :)

Struggles are part of the journey, they keep you focused, sometimes on the right things, sometimes on the struggles. It happens to all of us, so many times in the past I would become fixed on the struggle and give up, of course this is exactly the enemies goal. But this time this had to be different, I wasn't going to fall into the same pit holes I've fallen in in the past. :sad2: Nope! This time I was determined to do the opposite of what I did that brought defeat in the past.

And that's where God came in for me, He is my rock! I love Him. :lovestruc
Everytime I hit a wall, mentally or physically, I lift up my situation to Him and would tell Him what I said from the begining....'This isn't my journey alone, I ask you to lead it and be at the forefront of it all, God. I'm not going at this alone, Be evident in my walk, Be evident in this process, Lord. Give me the strength to bust through this next phase!! Allow me to see the light at the end of this freaking tunnel!!' I'm not saying everything I said to Him was pretty. :laughing: He's a BIG God, He can handle it. ;)
I didn't exclude Him from this process, in fact every time I hit a bump in the road it was usually because I was trying to do this on my own, and I would be reminded once again I had to give it all up to Him and ask Him to lead this process once again. This happened many, many times over the course of this journey. And you know what?!? I wouldn't have it any other way, every time I messed up and tried to take the reigns, I learned something new about me and my relationship with Him. I would get up, dust myself off and Kept Moving Forward!! He was so good to me, He knows how much human interaction helps us, so He gave me all of you to help me. I started out the PTR with a place to come to and talk about my journey, something I didn't really have any more. (when you see my list of obstacles you'll understand why) I can't thank you all enough for being such an amazing support. :grouphug:

KEEP MOVING FORWARD became my motto through the whole process. I think Uncle Walt would have been so proud. I know it sounds cheesey, but for some reason this quote really stood out to me when I first came across it in the movie Meet the Robinson's.
It was on my inspiration wall the whole time...

I turned to it often. That and the one at the top of the wall, seeing myself at my greatest potential at all times.

No matter what obstacle came my way I had to hold onto these quotes, soooo many times in the past the enemy would take me out with something physical. This time I wasn't allowing it!! No matter how small forward it was, dang it!! I was MOVING FREAKING FORWARD!!

Don't believe me? Here's the list of things that tried to keep me from staying on course....

~Many times (over two years time) hearing that I can't do it
~Broken toe-kept exercising any way-:rotfl:
~Injury to ball of same foot
~Painful knees that wouldn't get better for the first six months starting out
~The weight loss group I belonged to (over 30-40 members strong) pretty much dissolved
~The person I was inspired by to start, dropped out of her workouts and pretty much gained all the weight back
~Physical therapy for the knees for two months-no workouts for two months
~My mom diagnosed with two different kinds of cancer, breast and lung-off from workouts for two more months to help her with doctors appts.
~Huge falling out with my mom-could have gave it all up and started eating out of self pity-instead I pushed forward even harder
~The few people left in my weight loss group (four) hadn't really been working toward weight loss in many, many months-for all kinds of reasons-I was pretty much on my own with weight loss-at least when it came to having others in it with me-they were still a great support.
~Felt I couldn't really report to my weight loss group any longer because I felt some resentment that I was still moving forward-as much as I knew they loved me, I felt like I was rubbing it in their faces, something I didn't want them to feel so I stopped really reporting my victories
~Tennis elbow
~Knees becoming an issue a year later-again
~Hip issues-all three bringing me back to p.t. again, two more months of not being able to workout like I needed, and this was a few months out before the trip!
~Coming to the realization (a few months out) I wasn't going to hit my 100 lb. goal before the trip :scared:

All this to share.....there will ALWAYS be obstacles that try and keep you from getting to where you want to be. But if you truly want it, you must See yourself at your greatest potential and KEEP MOVING FORWARD!! :) And through all of these things, that had to be my attitude, and it was!! :goodvibes
I would NOT allow any of these things to plague my mind or keep me from getting where I wanted to go. Think about it, if I layed down and gave in every time something came up...I wouldn't be as far along as I got!! I KEPT MOVING FORWARD!!

:cheer2: :dance3: :dance3: :cheer2:

I love this. What an inspirational journey! I can't wait to read more. I love your inspirational wall!

Thanks for the heads up. Your daughter is beautiful! :goodvibes

Thank you Mary Ellen. :goodvibes

Congratulations on losing 80 pounds. :thumbsup2 What an awesome accomplishment! You are so entertaining. I can't wait to read about your trip.

I'M A MESS is what I am!! :rotfl: But I'll take entertaining. :laughing: And thank you for the compliments, I don't take those lightly, I truly appreciate them. A big part of my success has been the praise and support of others, when I needed a lift they were what got me through. Truly. :)

I love this. What an inspirational journey! I can't wait to read more. I love your inspirational wall!

Oh, I'm so glad you think so. :goodvibes My hope is my journey will help and inspire someone.

Very inspirational, Camille. :hug:

I love you Ms. Kat. Can't tell you how much I love seeing you here. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:) Luv it. you are awesome

:goodvibes :thumbsup2

Subing! I huge inspiration. I am a tick away from 30 of a total 75 I want to lose. We are headed to WDW at the end of July and by then I hope to be at 40 lbs lost (slow & steady). I think I'll fall over looking at pics of me with Mickey from this trip vs me with Mickey from last Oct.

DH is doing it too and having him along with me has made all the difference. I cannot wait to read more of your story and hear about your reward trip. Also to hear how you did at Disney with the new lifestyle!

I flew for the 1st time in April sine losing weight and for the first time in a long time felt very comfortable in the seat. it was weird!

I'm here Camille! Thanks for the heads-up.

I love your Keep Moving Forward chapter! You are awesome! :thumbsup2

That was such a great chapter Camille. Keep moving forward is so true, no matter the obstacle, the frustration, or the lack of support. And keep moving forward we will!!

Very inspirational! You focused on what you could do, and you did it.

Exactly, Michelle! :) I focused where I could and worked it as hard as possible.

Just back from Aulani but marking my spot so I can come back and get caught up :thumbsup2

:goodvibes Can't wait to hear about your trip! :)

Subing! I huge inspiration. I am a tick away from 30 of a total 75 I want to lose. We are headed to WDW at the end of July and by then I hope to be at 40 lbs lost (slow & steady). I think I'll fall over looking at pics of me with Mickey from this trip vs me with Mickey from last Oct.

DH is doing it too and having him along with me has made all the difference. I cannot wait to read more of your story and hear about your reward trip. Also to hear how you did at Disney with the new lifestyle!

I flew for the 1st time in April sine losing weight and for the first time in a long time felt very comfortable in the seat. it was weird!

Congrats!! You're almost half way there!! :yay: Yes, you probably will be shocked to see your pics. I know I have been. :eek:

I know just what you mean about flying and finally feeling comfortable in the seat for the first time in a long time. I use to have to extend my seat belt to as far as it could go to get it on, now this is what it looks like on me when I extend the belt as far as it will go :goodvibes.....

That was such a great chapter Camille. Keep moving forward is so true, no matter the obstacle, the frustration, or the lack of support. And keep moving forward we will!!

Thank you, Danielle. :goodvibes You've done some great work on your weight too!! Yes we will keep moving forward!! :banana:

This is so great, I'm in. :thumbsup2

So happy to have you here!!

:rainbow::welcome::rainbow:

I just have to say I find your thread very inspirational.

Thank you for posting it.

Oh my goodness, you are so welcome!! Glad to have you here. :goodvibes

:rainbow::welcome::rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter