YOAMD Postcards and Winners

In terms of 3x5 index cards, don't try mailing them like a postcard. USPS say they will not deliver cards smaller than 3.5x5.
Okay, 2 different responses to this one have been offered.
I've been sending my entries on a 3 x 5 index card. White cards - lined on one side. On the lined-side - the back - I print my name and personal info in a black fine liner. On the blank side - the front - I put a small return address sticker in the top left corner, the stamp on the top right, and I print the address in black fine liner.

I got a call a few weeks before Christmas - I'm Canadian so I had to answer a skill testing question - good thing I passed grade 3 math!
I was told I had won twice - a set of Mickey ears, and a pin lanyard set. I was so thrilled!!! woohoo!

And this one:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the rules state to send a 3 by 5 postcard, but I have had three of mine come back stamped from the post office "NON_MAILABLE MINIMUM SIZE IS 3-1/2 INCHES X 5 INCHES".

Maybe they do handle mail differently in Canada.

And as far as sending cards in, if you're a minor, I don't see a restriction for winning, but there's some restrictions as to how you can collect your prize (per the official rules T-i-double g-er posted earlier)
Except as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, prizes won by a person who is a minor in his or her state, province or country of residence ("Minor") may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, be awarded to his or her parent or legal guardian, and, in the case of prizes that, in Sponsor's sole discretion, require winner verification, that parent or legal guardian will be responsible for completing the verification process and executing all "Prize Claim Documents" (as hereinafter defined) and otherwise complying with all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event a Minor is the winner of any prize in which the winner is permitted to travel to, stay at or attend an event, site or destination, such Minor and any guest (as applicable) must be accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian on such prize and, as applicable, the parent or legal guardian will be considered one (1) of the allotted guests.

Okay, 2 different responses to this one have been offered.

Maybe they do handle mail differently in Canada.

You may be right about difference in Canada. When I first looked into it, the original rules required posted on the net required a 3x5 postcard. A couple weeks later the rules changed to a 3.5x5 postcard. I think this may have been a result of someone consulting the US postal service Web site which states a minimum postcard size of 3.5x5. (Click here for US Postal Service size limits and scroll down to Postcard.)

We're sticking with the pre-stamped card purchased from the post office. We've won a lanyard with pins :yay: (see post 80 for pictures), so they seem to be acceptable.

I have been sending the pre-stamped PO card since the sweepstakes started. I send (2) per day. One for me and one for my DM. Just last wk I dropped it down to every 2-3 days, still two cards though. Haven't won anything yet. But hey, I recently won the Cinderella DVD sweepstakes so maybe I've already used up all of my luck. :rotfl: That doesn't apply to my DM however.

Still wishing.......

Are you scared to have your info like that out? I want to enter but there are some evil people out there today. Any advice on what to do???

Are you scared to have your info like that out? I want to enter but there are some evil people out there today. Any advice on what to do???

It's only name, address, phone and birth date. Pretty much anything you can get from a town's census lists.

Am I correct in understanding that folks aren't using "regular" postcards? I have a bunch of leftover postcards from various trips, but they're 4 x 6 inches, which seems to be the standard for these types of postcards? Do you think I should use some of these, or play it safe with post office postcards?

Am I correct in understanding that folks aren't using "regular" postcards? I have a bunch of leftover postcards from various trips, but they're 4 x 6 inches, which seems to be the standard for these types of postcards? Do you think I should use some of these, or play it safe with post office postcards?

I would play it safe. The rules actually say 3.5x5 postcard.

Wait a minute...I thought that the rules said 3x5 but they only sol 3.5x5. I'm confused...Somebody help.

Wait a minute...I thought that the rules said 3x5 but they only sol 3.5x5. I'm confused...Somebody help.

When the rules were originally posted, they called for a 3x5 card. After much debate here about the postal size restrictions :confused3 , the rules magically changed about a week later to read 3.5x5. :wizard: Last time I saw that section of the rules, it still says 3.5x5.

Thanks for clearing that up...it makes things much easier. You don't have to worry about cutting them or getting them rejected by the postal service.

Ok. I got one of my postcards back today. They stamped the side that had my address and DOB on it. Does that mean they thought it went to me? Should I try and re-send it? :confused3

I used the post office pre-stamped cards and cut 1/2 inch off the sides.

the best thing is to write your info on the back side the opposite way.. that way it won't get back to you!

DW and I are using the prestamped USPS postcards and have won lanyards w/ pins via mail. No trimming required.

She got hers a couple of days ago via certified mail and I got a card that I have something at the post office from Disney. So, I am assuming that it is a lanyard/pin set also.

We send 1 for each of us daily.

OK, I'm going to ask a totally stupid question :blush: - I just bought some pre-stamped post office post cards - which side is which? Is the side with the stamp the front where I put the Disney address, and the empty side the back where I put my info? I have TO: and FROM: on the postcards, but I thought I'd ask here, just to be sure!

Thanks!

-Michelle

I have a bunch of 4x6 index cards. Do you think I could cut them to 3.5x5 and send them?

Ok. I got one of my postcards back today. They stamped the side that had my address and DOB on it. Does that mean they thought it went to me? Should I try and re-send it? :confused3

I used the post office pre-stamped cards and cut 1/2 inch off the sides.

Do you know how long after mailing it that it was returned?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!