YOAMD Postcards and Winners

Supposedly they bag the cards that are sent in every day. Then on a certain day of the month (around the 20th I believe) they draw the prizes for each day from the bag that was collected on the day the prize was to be awarded. So if a specific prize was supposed to be given out on the 16th of June, they would draw a card from the bag of postcards that was collected on the 16th. At least this is how I believe it happens. I could be wrong, this is just what I gathered from reading the board over the last year or so.

They might input them into a computer....The dream squad told us that the computer spit out our name when we won the dvc...said something like

DVC MEMBERSHIP
MAIL IN ENTRY
MIKE W

Actually, they only draw entries once per month. They "bag" each day's entries, then around the 20th, they draw each day's winners from that day's entry "bag". Then it takes another 55 days to process and mail. (I've pasted that section from the rules below). It could take nearly 3 months from the time an entry is received to when it it received by the winner.

From the rules:

Not notified until March.....Thats how long it took....And, the bigger prizes come FEDEX. Thats how ours came.

Actually I wouldnt count on winning anything the way you are mailing out your cards now. All your info HAS to be HAND WRITTEN and not typed. You can do mailing labels, but all your info cant be labels. It might have worked that way last year, but they make it very clear in their rules for this yr is to hand write all info.

I am quite happy with my win....... :cool1:

Just won two more pairs of the original yoamd ears today. We stopped sending in cards in early December after a year or two of sending daily cards. I was surprized, since I had really forgotten about the promotion. Who knows what might happen next. You can always dream.

Thank you Dream Team:cool1: :banana: :banana:

Congratulations on the double win. That gives me a little hope -- since I didn't win ANYTHING in 2008. Two lanyards in 2007 :thumbsup2

We won! We finally won! Our son had a package in today's mail from Disney Parks - I was so excited! We were at the parks twice during the promotion and I sent in postcards very frequently both years. It is so nice to finally be a winner! The hat is solid blue with white ears, a stick on "Year of A Million Dreams" patch on the front and "Live Your Dream" silkscreened on the back.

We just got another hat today, that makes 5 all together.

Kind of hard to be excited about the same prize but it's better than nothing.

:woohoo:

We Won!! Today we received 4 YOAMD sets of ears.

I sent in 5 postcards per day for the month of December only and we won. The boxes were addressed to me, my husband, 3 yr old son, and 10 month daugher. Unfortunately my 5 year old daughter didn't get a box. But she didn't realize it. Once I realized everyone got a box but her, I quickly gave her the box that came for the 10 month old and didn't let her see the name on the label:)

Today we just got 3 dream ears. I've been sending in 3 postcards each day in December, so I'm guessing that this was one of the last mass mailings for december postcards. We won 2 ears back in November, these ears were a bit different. Fun to get something in the mail from Disney!!!!

anyone want to re-gift extra set of ears they won?

will pay postage.

PM me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter