YOAMD Postcards and Winners

Does it come certified mail? We got something from Disney today certified mail, but alas the post office is closed.

We were thinking it could either be DVC stuff or Cruise stuff though.

I just discovered a certified mail card from Orlando! It came today but was misplaced until now. :goodvibes

I'm not sure what to do tomorrow. Do I go to the post office to get my package? Or do I assume it's still on the mail truck and hope to be home when he delivers the mail? WWYD?

I won't be able to sleep tonight. : )

And, does anyone have a picture of the YOAMD Ears?

For those of you that have received winnings from YOAMD-

What was the return address of your package/certified letter?

The thing we got in the mail today that we have to pick up at the PO is from Disney Resorts.

For those of you that have received winnings from YOAMD-

What was the return address of your package/certified letter?

The thing we got in the mail today that we have to pick up at the PO is from Disney Resorts.

It was not Disney Resorts (sorry!), just "Walt Disney World" and a PO Box

Just an update..........I was hoping that the mailman would have it in his truck today, but he didn't. He is going to bring my package tomorrow. I have to wait another day!! I wonder if I got the ears or the lanyard?? :goodvibes

Another pair of ears arrived at our house yesterday :cool1:

This is more proof that if you have 4 x 6 cards, you don't have to worry about trimming them down :)

Now, if only a lanyard/pin set would arrive.
(or a trip...I'll keep on dreaming...)

Ahhh, no longer a loser!
YOAMDprize.jpg

Congrats to the latest winners. It's nice to see the prizes arriving in a steady stream. I thought we would be seeing a different pattern with the rules stating they would only do the drawing once each month. Keep spreading that Pixie Dust! pixiedust:

I am also interested in why IL? I live about 5 miles from the Elmhurst post office (and have my whole life) and there is no Disney headquarters,as far as I know, around here.
Good question.........maybe they are renting office space? Elmhurst is not exactly a cheap town to rent a business in though!

Gomez Gang -- contests are typically administered by a third party to prevent any type of bias or anything (except for that one group that did McDonald's Monopoly that one time, that did not work out so well!). In this case, it is my understanding the administer selects the winners and then provides a list to Disney, who sends out the prizes. The administer of this contest must be based in, or have subbed that task out to, a company in Illinois.

Does anyone know if the ears and lanyard are different than anything you can buy at the parks?

I don't believe you can purchase either -- they are unique designs at this point, I think. I could be wrong...

Question for all you winners - did you send in every day? My DH has put a limit of $100 on postage for this (he's not NEARLY a big enough Dinsey fan!), and I'm trying to figure out the best way to send in!

Thanks for any input!

Question for all you winners - did you send in every day? My DH has put a limit of $100 on postage for this (he's not NEARLY a big enough Dinsey fan!), and I'm trying to figure out the best way to send in!

Thanks for any input!
I sent in a card every day. Sometimes 2 or 3 (yeah, I realized after the fact that it was only supposed to be one a day). I received 2 sets of ears in one day. I don't know if that's because they drew me twice in one day, or that's just how they come in (I've seen others receive 2 in a day, so I think it's just the way it's done). Don't worry, I'm only sending in 1 a day now. I don't want to take the risk of being disqualified for the really big prizes!

I only bought 100 postcards. Once those are gone, I'll re-evaluate whether I have the money to keep on playing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter