yet another banking question

MickeyMcMouse

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
This is one for the experts .... I banked 100 odd points last year into the 2003/04 year.

When I phoned ms yesterday to bank some point from this year ie 2003/04, I was told that I could only bank 80, instead of 138, as 58 were the remaining banked points from last year.

Now, we have used 150/200 odd points this year, but it looks like they have used this years points first and then some of the banked points from last year. (can you follow?)

Do I have to tell ms to use my banked points first and then my current points or should they have done this automatically.

Does this make sense ?

David

Do I have to tell ms to use my banked points first and then my current points or should they have done this automatically.
I don't know whether they should do it automatically, but I must admit that I made a point of checking this was what they did when I was in a similar position a couple of weeks ago.

I guess that if MS should do it automatically then you would have some recourse to have the points reinstated, otherwise there's a lesson to be learned for us all. :( If no-one knows the official answer, perhaps an e-mail to MS would iron it out for you.

I think it might depend on when you made your booking. I was told that when you make a reservation, the points technically leave your account there and then, they don't debit your account when you stay there. Sooooo, if you made a booking last year for this year, and it was <i>before</i> you'd banked your points then this years points will have left your account for that reservation at the end of the phonecall.

Now of course, a savvy CM might have spotted that when you banked your points, used their common sense and 'fixed' it, but unfortunately they are not all savvy :(

I believe if there are already banked points in your account when you make a reservation, they should automatically use them first. (Still always worth checking though)

I think it's worth ringing them back explaining the mistake and if a CM can't help you, ask to talk to a manager there. I don't think they are obliged to sort it out, but they might (a big might) do it as an act of good will. It's certainly worth a shot at any rate.

ms normally use holding pts first,then banked pts,then new points.
problems can be solved if you ask.
ask to check the tape of your conversation with the advisor.
May not be one but usully gets you a result.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter