Working at Disney

T16GEM

<font color=blue>I must have a funnel cake when I'
Is there any way of finding out what jobs are available at Disney and how would me and my husband go about applying for work etc?
We would like to go and work there for 12/18 months next year after we are married, but a friend of ours who lives there has said that the US are getting tough on giving out visa and work permits etc. Is it easier to get one if you have a job already set up?

I would be grateful of any info which may help!

Many Thanks
Gem:Pinkbounc

Work Visa's are kind of tough to obtain, but you are right in saying that they are easier if you already have a job lined up...however, the difficulty for the American company in setting this up for you, is that they have to prove they tried, and couldnt find a US citizen to fill that vacancy..... I'm not sure how they could do that with the type of vacancies you might be looking for.
There are other ways in, for example, you can study there, or you can go with a certain amount of capital and offer employment to Americans ( ie to start a business). Alternativley, you could become a Canadian citizen (slightly easier) which allows you to work.
Or,you could work for an American company in the UK and get them to arrange a transfer for you....the only drawback is that you cant get a job elsewhere when you get there, and if your made redundant your also deported, and you spouse isnt allowed to work.

And then there's the Visa Lottery scheme, where you randomly apply each year for half a million or so visas given out....the noly problem there is that the UK, the US's strongest allie in the world, is excluded from applying.....which I think absolutely stinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter