Wk of Nov 20--2006 Disney Half-Full Marathon Info/Training

Finally doin' the packet dance!!! Woo hoo. I guess it's correct... I'm doing Goofy and my card says "H/M Race #xxxx Race #xxxx." I guess that means race nos. for both the half and full. Somewhere in the book it says for Goofy people to present their "cards" at packet pick up, but I only got the one, but with the 2 numbers on it. So I guess it's right. Is this what other goofy's got?

Welcome Harry. You're certainly not too late to join in the fun.

Prayers for Liz. There's not much I can say except I'm sorry and stay strong. :grouphug:

Yay for everybody doing well on the training and get well soon for all those nursing injuries. I think this is the 1st Thanksgiving in a while I haven't worried about how much I ate. All of it will burn off in the coming weeks!!! Happy rest of the holiday all!!!

Disneefun - I just got the one card for the Goofy, too. I was so happy to get my packet today. I was feeling left out.

Is anyone planning to walk the full marathon? It's not my ideal plan, but if I can't resolve the problem with my leg, then walking will be the only option if I want to finish the Goofy. Hoping, if I have to walk I can keep up the 14 minute pace the whole way. Just don't want to get the weird looks or feel out of place for walking.

Terri

Hi, I haven't posted since the Marine Corps marathon - I was in Aruba for a week (great way to relax after 26.2!) Then I went to a racewaking camp in Clermont, Florida at the National Training Center - a great experience. If there are any other racewalkers here you really have to consider doing Dave McGovern's RWing camp next November!
I still have not received my packet :<
My registration for the Goofy is still listed so I guess its just taking a long time to get to Maryland.
BTW, Terri, I am definitely planning to walk the Goofy. That will be about 9 hours of walking for me that weekend - maybe longer - the MCM took me 6:30 because of some injuries interfering with training the last month. Whatever it takes!
After this marathon I'm planning to stick to halfs, 10 milers, etc. I want to do the National Masters Championship 20K Racewalk next year.

Harry and Leigh Ann - I'm stressing a little about injuries too. I have not felt too hot since the 18 mile run. I did a slow 15 but then rested for a few days and then did 5 last night and 3 speedwork today and my right leg hurts at the knee and ankle!!!!! I have been all paranoid about stress fractures!!!! I asked phil and he said that my points of pain would be strange for stress fractures. I have 2 20 milers left, preceeded by 10 milers. I'm thinking my taper may be more rest and less running than my plan recommends!

Christa - sorry you have the lonely hours too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter