Wk of June 29 - WISH Walking/Running Club

Is the WISH group volunteering as a group like at a water stop or something for the FULL?? What do you guys normally do and what do I need to do to get in with it?

Liz: Yeah, I'll hang with you in the rear at the Circle of Life 5K. I also don't want to push it before the half the next day.

OMG OMG OMG MATT!!!!!! :yay: :hug: :banana:

Jeff - I have been inside Diamond Head! :cool2:

Carol and Terri - Thanks for the sunblock suggestion but I was wearing SPF45. Do they make a SPF98? That's what I need! :thumbsup2

Jen - Hope things are settling down for you. :goodvibes

Kristi
- Yay for getting back on the bandwagons. :thumbsup2 As so many have said, it's a new month. I am committed to not missing a day of training in July. Care to join me? Be forewarned, the punishment for missing a day is severe! Hey, did you get the volunteering email? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.:mad:

Hey, look at all the people who stopped by! YAY! :yay:

So, uhh, where's Pat and and Jim with the Alaska report???? popcorn::
'

Judy. They do make stronger sunblock. The other thing you may need to look into is the new stuff from Europe. My mom uses it and it's very very effective. Look for one with Mexoryl. Alternatively the Nuetrogena Helioplex is supposed to be very effective too. (And a little cheaper)

I would love to be one of those GOOD posters who responds to everyone, but lets get real. I am behind again!

So here are a few "shout outs"

MATT, Welcome Back!

Duckie, Welcome Back!

Tracy, I know your mom will do great.

As for me, I did a short jog last night just to keep my legs limber and did the Strech and Strengthen class again tonight. I figured my abs were sore from the last time so it's working!

The rest of my time is taken up by this job search, but I fully expect to have one and up to three job offers by the end of next week!
:banana:

Have a good Fourth of July!

90 degrees today in Honolulu. :beach::crazy2:

88 degrees parked in the shade.

Glad it wasn't a running day.

After dinner, I took the Princesses geochaching down at our local Mt. Trashmore. Found 3 out of 4 caches. One was completely missing.

To celebrate, went to have the Thin Mint Blizzard at the DQ. Good, but not as good as Dryer's Thin Mint ice cream.

We will be doing a "staycation" on the 4th down in Waikiki. Our hotel is just across the street from the Hilton Hawaiian village, which is adjacent to Magic Island at Ala Moana Beach park. The 20 minute fireworks show is lighting up the sky right there next to the hotel.

Then, when we arrive home on Saturday, we're headed up to the North Shore for fishing and camping on the beach with friends.

Have a great Thursday everyone. Get out there and do your miles.

Tracy (and anyone else interested) - we will start a thread about volunteering for marathon weekend when Disney starts looking for 'enthusiasts.'

We had a small group volunteer at a water stop during the full last year and it was so much fun! We hope to have a bigger WISH contingent this year.

Greetings Race Team -

A very happy, safe and restful Fourth of July to everyone!

I did 30 min on the TM this morning, not pushing it too much as we have the "Four on the Fourth" in New Canaan, CT tomorrow. An odd distance so as long as I stay upright and moving I'll PR. :laughing:

Kristi - Thank you for referring to me as "small".:upsidedow

Carol - Thank you for the sunblock advice. I'm writing those suggestions down and will look for them this weekend. :thumbsup2

Jeff - Thanks. I found Pat's thread. Guess I should have looked first. :blush:

I'm heading out on the usual 8 miler this afternoon. Might be 2 degrees cooler out than yesterday. Like that helps any :rotfl: .

I'm taking Sunday off, since I'm camping, so the clinic group will have to do 14 without me. Don't worry, they know the route.

It's been awfully quiet around here for the past few weeks. Is EVERYONE on vacation at the same time? I thought no one was travelling due to the costs of gas, airfares, 2nd baggage fees, etc.

Am I the only one who thinks our current economy stinks? I'm ready for another stimulus check to be apppoved. Like that's going to happen anytime soon. :lmao:

Have a great fourth everyone. We'll anyone who's reading this week.

Hello, Hello, Hello.... (this should sound like an echo)

Hey where is everyone?? Is anybody out there??
Maybe you all are on vacation, getting ready for vacation, boycotting your computers by keeping them off to save electricity, out partying somewhere and I was left under the bus?? Maybe, huh??

I did 2 easy miles this morning before work, for weather's sake. I am doing a local 5K tomorrow morning so didn't want to overdo too much.

Today was a day with no Doctors (orthodontist), so just us assistants to catchup, clean and restock. My job today was to scan documents and xrays into patients charts. We are slowly being a paperless office, so all the old charts of current patients and then of course anything new must all be scanned into the system. SO, needless to say, my day was VERY boring.

Anyway enough about me, have a good evening.

Happy National Ice Cream Month everyone!

Oh yeah, Happy 4th of July too!

I am back again in the huge big WISH hall that echoes loudly!!

DId my 5k this morning and it went great.

Hope all is well with everyone.

fourthpostersmall.jpg

Well, I'm back from my vacation, and haven't posted at all :sad2: . Sadly, I also haven't trained at all this week. We are leaving again tomorrow for two weeks in Maine, so it has been an absolutely CRAZY week. Let's see:
- on vacation 3 weeks out of 4, but still need to keep up with my job
- still somewhat on Arizona time (the kids haven't even needed to get up in the morning for school so they are completely still on Arizona time - this means they don't go to bed until REALLY late!)
- my oldest is flying to Spain in a week, and we have needed to get everything ready before we leave

etc., etc.

In other words, life has taken over in a big way!

I am planning a 4-5 mile run on Sunday after we drive to Maine. I am saying that here so that I am on the hook with you guys for getting it done! I am looking forward to the cooler temperatures and lower humidity up there.

We are supposed to have wireless internet up there. I'll let you know how everything is going!

In my quick drive-by reading today it sounds like everyone is doing pretty well out there. I hope you all had a great 4th of July!

Hi Tracy! Pretty quiet around here--so I'll jump in and say hello.

Morning WISH'ers from cool, cloudy MA. Not much to report in the way of exercise for me over the last few days. Enjoyed a nice family barbecue.
Today we're off to see the Lowell Spinners play the Janestown Jammers--Class A baseball. Lowell is an affiliate of the Sox--hence we will be part of "Thread Sox Nation" for an evening.

Maybe I should go run today--frankly, I've lost some confidence in that area, and need to get it back soon.

Enjoy the weekend all!

Maura

It's almost eerie it's so quiet! :scared1:

We were in Williamsburg last weekend - did Busch Gardens, Water Country, and wandered around Colonial Williamsburg, as well as going to the Indy race in Richmond Saturday night. Took the entire week before and after off from running, but got lots of miles of walking in, plus managed to get some really nice blisters on my feet from the hot pavement at the water park - ouch! :eek:

Just finished my LR with Galloway - mile repeats - this workout kicked my **** last year, but I'm happy to report I actually feel like functioning today. :cool1: 1 mile warmup at 2R/1W, then 1 mile non-stop run, followed by 5 minute walk, 1 mile non-stop run, repeat for 5 miles, then 2 mile run at 2R/1W. Then a huge group of us descended on Panera Bread for breakfast - like Jeff's group, we run to eat!

Jackie

HI Jackie, Maura and Kira!! Nice to have you all here.

I guess everyone is AWOL!!

I did an easy 3 miles today. Very humid 86%!!!! I think this training stuff in the summer in South Florida is INSANE :scared: :eek: . I think this may be my first and last DL 1/2. 5ks should be all I'm out to do at this point. I am not looking forward to my 9 miles tomorrow morning. UGH!! NOt only am I a dripping ball of sweat but I feel like a piece of bread that's been soaking in the batter too long. YUK!!

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday and stays DRY.

-Tracy

Tracy - It was 70 degrees with 90% humidity when we started out this morning. We stopped for a bathroom break halfway through and I looked in the mirror - BIG mistake! I looked like I had just stepped out of the shower. Every inch of me was soaked to the skin. When we were done several of us were questioning how some people can look so fresh when they're done and we looked like drowned rats... :confused3

Jackie

Hey team... not a whole lot to report for the last couple of days. I decided not to do the 5K this morning as I didn't register and the went way up for the day of. I ran it 2 years ago and it was kind of a stinky race anyway. So Thursday night I was quite ill. Woke up yesterday still ill and a migraine. I managed to work through it and took the family to our Mountain state park (ackkk... it's really a hill to most of you!). We picniced and then went for a little hike. My hamstring ach today, so I think all the rock climbing use muscles that were in hiding. Our Mountain (ackkk, hill), is a quartz mountain, so lots of cool rock formations and huge chunks of quartz peeking out. Today we went pea picking and strawberry picking. So pretty mellow weekend for us.

Not much else from me. I hope all the 4th races and everyone else had an awesome weekend.

Hi everybody!

It is quiet around here!

Kira - Welcome back and have a good next trip. I'm jealous of all your travelling.

Jackie
- great job with your LR. I always wondered how people can look so good after a race, any race. Whenever I finish, I'm dripping with sweat, face beet red, body aching.

Tracy - wtg on the 3 miler.

Jen and Maura
- hi!

I did 2 miles today. It was hot. Finished in 28:04 for a 14:02 pace. I hope my race next week is walker friendly, because that may be all I can do if it's stinkin hot.

For anyone looking to crosstrain (and stay out of the heat), my favorite way starts tonight. I have a spin bike at home. Tonight starts the Tour de France. I get all set up for the time it comes on tv and then I ride with them. When they're on the flats I spin faster, when they climb hills, I turn up the resistance and climb, too. It gives me good workout. Although I only do 1/2 the time it's on tv (so if it's televised for 2 hours, I ride with them for an hour. Tonight's is 3 hours, so I'll be riding 1 1/2. I'll have to mop the floor when I'm done. But after riding with them for 21 days (or most of it anyway) I feel pretty good.

Terri

Jen: Sorry about your hammie hurting. SOunds like you all had a nice picnic and hike.

Jackie: When I get done with a race, especially a half, my face is also BEET red. Being a red head and freckles, it's not pretty and the heat coming off my skin is pretty bad. People always ask me if I'm o.k. Its gets kinda commical. I was soaked today from head to toe. I had sweat dripping off my scalp and legs - ugh!!

Terri: Nice XT that you have planned. Good luck with your own Tour de Living Room. :lmao:

Tracy

Hey out there. Heeeeeeeelllllllloooooooooow.

Back for a pit stop between staycation events. Nice overnight down in Waikiki for the 4th. Great fireworks show, music, etc. Princesses lived in the swimming pools and the beach.

Home to switch cars with all the camping gear. Heading up to the North shore to fish overnight, and spend the afternoon in the Pacific ocean. Yeah, I know it's rough, but someone has to do it.:lmao:

Tracy - Tour de Living Room - good one! :rotfl2:

Terri - You did the Tour de Living Room last year, didn't you? I remember thinking it was a really good idea, but I hadn't extracted the bike from all the stuff piled on it. This year I've actually been trying to crosstrain, so that would be a great way to justify all the hours we spend watching the Tour! DD17 is boycotting since she doesn't know any of the riders this year, but DH and I are avid fans so we'll watch anyhow. That's how I recovered from my run this morning.

Jeff - Such a rough life you have... the 4th in Waikiki, runs everyday with amazing scenery, overnight camping by the ocean... ;)

Jen - Sometimes it's good to hike and wake up those other muscles! We went to the Farmers' Market yesterday and bought lots of fresh veggies - not quite the same as picking them ourselves, but dinner tonight was really good!

Jackie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter