Wk of June 29 - WISH Walking/Running Club

Jackie - you will have to share pointers on Williamsburg - we are headed there next month with my in-laws.

Terri - I love it! What a great idea to do the Tour de Living Room! :thumbsup2

I have nothing to report. :rolleyes1

Life has been crazy again.

First off, last week my single, legally blind uncle was rushed to the hospital from work in severe pain. They thought he was having an abdominal anuerism. He had pancreatitis. He was just released from the hospital after 8 days yesterday. Craziness with one of the 6 drugs he needed filled yesterday. Apparently everyone in Manchester, NH is completely out of a drug called pancrease which he needs. Crisis averted when my mom got special permission to get a few pills from the hospital's employee pharmacy. In the meantime I found a pharmacy way up by Lake Sunapee where they can fill the script. So, we think life is going to get back to normal (besides my uncle who is still acting like an invalid, but that's another story!)...

My sister texted me a few hours ago that her husband is going into surgery!
Apparently, after I left the lake, Scott was so sick, she took him to the hospital. Yes, it's appendicitis! So, my poor mother has been at the lake house all day with my sister's 3 kids, 2 of their friends and my uncle who "needs" a nurse (my mom)! :eek: And depending what his recouperation needs are, he may be at the lake house this week with my mom so she care take care of him as well! Oy vey!

Now if bad things come in threes.... :scared1:
I am not leaving my house! :rotfl:

Oh Kristi, sorry to hear about all the happenings. Men can be a bit funny with recouperating and needing a nurse when women can have a flu with 103 fever and still get everyone up and fed and out the door!!
I also agree with things that happen in 3's, so DANGER, DANGER, MISS KRISTI - please stay indoors!!

Hi everyone! :flower3:

We had a great time on our vacation to Disney World and on the 4 day Disney Wonder Cruise to Nassau and Castaway Cay (x2). I ate way too much, it was an orgy of food and desserts. I kind of kept my wits about me some of the time, but it was a losing battle most of the time.

We also met with our wedding planner for the vow renewal we are having in January (Marathon Monday - 1/12). We tasted foods, looked at the venue, met with the floral designer, etc. It was very nice and spending a day in the Magic Kingdom and one in Epcot was very nice as well.

While away, I fell off the wagon and only got in one feeble attempt at running. I ran what I'll call 3 miles one morning on Deck 4 of the Disney Wonder. However, I walked a lot at the parks the days prior to the cruise.

On the final cruise day at Castaway Cay, there was an organized 5K run at 8:30 AM. I had every intention to get up and run it but I was not feeling well so I missed it. We saw others two days earlier at Castaway Cay running in 97+ degrees plus humidity. Not my cup o' tea.

I got back on the wagon today with a run. Here are my stats:

Miles: 6
Time: 1:00:20
Pace: 10:03

Splits:
8:59
10:31
10:59
9:01
10:35
10:17

I'm supposed to run 8 tomorrow. It may be raining. I don't mind running in the rain, thumder and lightning are another story. We'll see how the weather holds up.

Have a great night!

:hug:

Howard

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter