Wk of June 29 - WISH Walking/Running Club

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

It was a good day here for me. Managed a trek outside and must say each time I am outdoors on my path, I am happy.

Have a great week everyone.

Hi everyone! Sorry, I have been MIA for a LOOOOOONGGG... time, life has completely taken over the last few months. Lucky for me, school ended this week, and I only work part-time in the summer, so I will have a lot more free time.

That means, I will have more time to plan my wedding!! I got engaged awhile back and we just recently picked a wedding date and started planning! It is soooooo... much fun. We are getting married on August 28, 2009....it seems so far away, but I know it will fly by! We are actually going to book our reception hall this week, so I am really excited.

I have been working out a little bit here and there, but nothing regular unfortunately. Last week, I decided to start the Couch to 5k program and that has been going well. I originally wanted to do another marathon in the fall, but that is not going to happen, so I am going to look for a local one in the spring.

I am going to try to keep up more here!! I hope everyone has a great week!!

Good morning WISHers!

Hoping everyone's Sunday morning is going well.

Scheduled for a 4 miler today. Need more coffee.

Laurie - Welcome back and
congrad.gif

Lily - Glad to hear you were able to get out yesterday.

:)

Good MorningTEAM! I participated in the Slacker Half marathon yesterday and had a decent time of 3:20...granted I'm not "Speedy Gonzales", but I'm happy with my time. Next Saturday I have a KILLER marathon in Leadville, Co. Martha participated in this heavy half last year and can tell you it's a rough one. WISHme luck and have a great day!:goodvibes

Hey Wishers...

Lily: Glad to hear you were in your "happy place."

Hockeygirl: Congrats on the engagement! Glad to see your still around and happily planning the upcoming wedding.

BigVic: Hey there, go get that one more cup of coffee and out the door you go Mister!! No Lollygagging around, get to business.

Monte: Nice work at the Half Marathon yesterday. I just couldn't imagine doing a half in this weather down here or doing a full. UGH! Good for you and good luck on the FUll you have coming up!! You go gettum girl!!

As for me: I did a 4 miler yesterday and in the process of crossing a intersection I stumbled a bit. You know those reflector thingys that are put in the street to show lanes, firehydrants, etc. I was in a racewalking stride which means my feet don't come up off the ground very high and I caught the edge of one of those things with my right foot and big toe. This is the toe that I had surgery on about two years ago. Well, it stung like a bugger :mad: and I limped a bit, but carried on and finished.
Today my 8 miler was accompanied by my my right big toe joint not being happy which then affected the ball of the right foot, so my push off was lacking a bit. I just decided to get the miles in and not worry to much about the time. I got in at 2 hours and 30 sec. That's about a 15:03min pace. Not my best, but what can ya do?? :confused3 I will try to rest, ice and take some ibuprofen. It really is just one of those things that takes a bit of time to feel better.

Jeff: I do think the 405 does not get as good of GPS accuracy in the trees as my other one did, but worked well in my 8miles today.

Take care everyone and have a wonderful Sunday!!

Hello Everyone!

Laurie. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Lily. Glad you had a good time

Vic, so did you get the 4 miles in?

Monte, Wow a half and a full back to back! I am impressed.

Tracy, Hope the toe gets better.

(See if I get in on page one I can keep up LOL!)

Today is a rest day. I did 3 miles yesterday with my Galloway Group and have the Peachtree 10K Friday! My job search is going well. I have three interviews this week, not bad for a holiday week!

Hope everyone has a great 4th of July week!

Good afternoon WISHers!

Got 3.5 miles in this morning.

Tracy - No lollygagging here. :surfweb: :lmao: WTG with the 4 and 8 milers! Hope your toe feels better.

Carol - WTG with the 3 miler!

Monica - WTG with the 1/2! Two in one week? :worship: :thumbsup2

:)

HI TEAM :wave:

I'm so very sorry I have been a horrible team mate and not even popping in to say HI!! But I'm so glad you guys are always so nice anyway :love:

Vic Way to go on the 3.5
Carol :pixiedust: for the interviews!! That is really good for a holday week.
Tracy :worship: for getting out there when your toe hurt and :worship: for doing 8 We only did 6 yesterday and the heat was :scared1: so bad I literally almost did not make it!!!
monte You did awesome at your race and I will keep my fingers crossed for next week
Laurie :cheer2: YEAH!!!! for your wedding, that is so exciting!!!!! Glad to see you again!
Lily Glad you got time outside

As for me: still continuing the pilates, yoga stuff added more of my strength training back and found what will be my #1 xtraining when we start serious marathon training: SPINNING!!! I have done it before and to tell you the truth, I hate it, NO I DESPISE IT!!!! :headache: I am very serious. But the girl I car pool with, who also goes to my gym really wanted to do it so I did it a couple of times last week. Still hate it but it is such a good cardio and leg work out and since my body won't let me run 5 times a week like I did when we were training for the 1/2 two years a go and since I have a friend to drag me there it will be great. THe truth be told, I hate it because it's hard!!!!!!

I have been running some but the knee just has this nagging, lingering thing. I did attempt 6 with DH yesterday and struggled horribly because of the heat. When we passed DS school at 6:45 pm it said 93 :scared1:

Still just trying to build a base little by little, but I still have so many lingering, knee, back, hip pains that I am skeptical about my abilities to train for a full. I am at the point where I don't know if I should go see a doctor :confused3 or is it all in my head :)

Ok, so I promise to try to pop in this week even if I can't keep up with everyone

Good going WISHers on your miles.

I meant to go do 12 with the clinic, but we went sightseeing and did 13. Ooops, a big group of overachievers today. :lmao:

Ice bathed when I returned home. Heading out to meet visitors down in Waikiki later tonight. Have a good Sunday everyone.

Tracy, mine worked fine, even through a few tree stands.

Laurie - Congratulations!!!

Angie - glad to see you checking in. Sorry to hear about the aches and pains. Sending pixiedust: your way.

Big Vic - Nice job on the 3.5

CarolA - Good Luck with the job search!

Tracy - Hope the toe gets better soon.:hug:

Monte - wtg on finishing the 1/2. And good luck on the killer full.

Lily - glad to see you back on track.

As for me, work has been crazy. I feel like I haven't been on the boards forever. Plus my computer died and I had to get another one. Now I'm thinking I may have to cut back my race list for this year. After buying the new computer and with gas prices and airlines flights going through the roof, the budget is taking a hit.

Have you ever felt like you wanted to kick yourself sometimes, when making travel arrangements? I've been thinking of going to San Antonio for the RnR 1/2 in November. Saw a flight listed $200 r/t. Even had decent flight times. But I hadn't fully committed yet, so I didn't book. Off course, now to get a decent flight schedule, the price is almost $400. Ugh!:eek:

My training has been sporadic. More cross training than anything. Been spinning and swimming. I have a race in 2 weeks and I'm nervous that I'm not ready for it, because I haven't gotten in the training I would have liked. We'll see what happens. Luckily, it's a duathlon and the runs are not too long.

I should be able to check in more frequently now.
Happy training!
Terri

Well....Hi everyone!

My apologies for totally disappearing from the boards for a while, don't take it personally :goodvibes:

I've been busy working, working out, running, cycling, planning for Vegas and honing the fine art of being the clumsy klutz that I am sometimes. Things were motoring along just fine...I reached the 40 mile mark on my Saturday bike rides...was hitting 1 hour plus on my weekday workouts...and the Sunday runs were between 8-10 miles. Then I proceeded to jam/break/pull/crunch my foot going DOWN the stairs (don't ask 'cause I don't have the answer) last Sunday and the swelling is almost just now completely gone. I had difficulty walking normally so the past week was littered with three rest days and some easy elliptical workouts. Finally today I was able to get a 30 mile ride in with no pain...and I tried a few jogs in the yard and things felt pretty good so I might just be back to normal.

Luckily I think I'll be healed in time for the Peachtree this Friday and more importantly for the mega walking I'll be doing out in Vegas next week. Planning the trip has been a total blast and let's just say we're ready to tear up that city!! Yes, I still have the blog (scojo15.blogspot.com) and the journey as well as trip report (with pics!) will be posted there.

Sorry to be totally about me...I'll try to get caught back up with things as this week progresses (should be slow at work ;) )

Hope everyone is doing well & had a great weekend :goodvibes:

Let me correct my first post....it sounds like I did a half and will do a full next Saturday. I'm actually doing another half next Sat, but they call it the Heavy Half because it's 15 miles and up a mountain, so it feels like a full. ha,ha.:rotfl2:

Can I ask y'all a dumb question?

Most of you know I've always lived in FL and don't get out much. So, tell me about state income tax. We already pay federal every year...is state deductible from that or is it extra? Should we pretty much plan to never live anywhere else?

Hi everyone!

I got back from Arizona last night (well, really this morning since it was 1am by the time we got home!). I am exhausted and still on Arizona time. We had an awesome vacation, and I have finally updated my blog with lots of pictures from the Grand Canyon.

I did get in 2 runs while we were there, and I am pretty proud of myself. This is going to be a crazy week since we are going to Maine on Saturday for 2 weeks - hey, who planned this crazy schedule? :eek:

Anyway, I hope to catch up with all of you tomorrow!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention two people in the Honolulu marathon clinic showed up with their new 405's today. I gave them a short tutorial on what I knew about setting it up.

I told them I'm still getting the hang of it myself, but tipped them off about turning the GPS off, ending the last workout, and locking the bezel to save the battery life.

Can I ask y'all a dumb question?

Most of you know I've always lived in FL and don't get out much. So, tell me about state income tax. We already pay federal every year...is state deductible from that or is it extra? Should we pretty much plan to never live anywhere else?

I will give what I know and that isn't that much, keep in mind I'm an engineer and not a CPA ;) . State is extra but you do get to add it as a deduction. I don't think it is a 1 for 1 deduction though.

There are some other states that don't have an income tax: Texas, Alaska, New Hampshire, Tennessee, South Dakota, Washington, Nevada, and Wyoming are the others.

Are you planning on moving in the future and leave this wonderful state of Disney.

Bill

Morning teammates! Got in a lovely run on the beach here on Hilton Head this morning. Learned cardinal rule number one of beach running--run into the wind on the way out!;) For any of you familiar with the island, I ran down Forest Beach, past the Marriot Grande Ocean into Sea Pines a bit--It was approx. 4 miles--20 min out 20 min back. Left good ole Garmin at home, so it was an estimated run. Now to get ready for the beach!

Hi Everyone! Just popping in to say hi! I usually try and keep up with the weekly posts - but never really do post :confused3 - so "HI"! :flower3:

Hope everyone has a great day!

tink06 said:
Hi Everyone! Just popping in to say hi! I usually try and keep up with the weekly posts - but never really do post - so "HI"!
This is exactly what I was going to write! So I copied it:goodvibes . I hang out on the Lean Meaners thread and try to read and keep up with the weekly thread, but hardly ever post. I started realizing that I'll know who you are in Jan., but you won't know me.:) So, therefore, I'll try to post occasionally.

Stephanie...We just went to Myrtle Beach and I loved running on the beach. The first day my son and I tried running barefoot---big mistake for us. The next day we ran in shoes, away from the water, and started into the wind, with the sun in our faces. What a great run! When you turned around it felt like we were flying with the wind at our backs. Hope you enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter