Wk of June 29 - WISH Walking/Running Club

Hey Team - I strength trained last night by helping DH drag the hot tub out of the garage and around the back to the patio. That beast was heavy! We bought it used for a steal and this is DH's attempt at stress relief for me. For the kids... well they think it is a mini swimming pool!

MATT - WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mel - We work with The Villages and they are in two counties... so two tax rates. Some of our cities have a "special" tax that they add on, but otherwise the tax is pretty consistent through out the state. BUT, I don't recommend WI as a cheap place to live as all our taxes are quite high (Don't get me started on the gas tax!!)

It's great to see you back home Matt.

Will we see you and Cheryl in January? Or October at the Tower of Terror?

Craig

Welcome back Matt!!!:cool1: :cool1:

SO glad that everyone has been popping in!

Not much time to post after reading. I did sign up for the half on Friday. DId an ok 8-miler Sunday, so we figure a slow half shoudl be fine.

Probably won't be around much 'til next week. Have a good week everyone!

Matt - Good to see you!

I did manage to get off my rear and do 1.25 miles while baby was napping. Yay!

And I'm so excited - it took me nearly 6 months, but I'm finally back to my pre-pregnancy weight! Still have a good amount to lose before I'm where I'd like to be, but I'm excited to be back where I started. :)

I just signed up to do the WDW Circle of Life 5K the day before I do the WDW Half!!!!:cool1:
My Mom (for those that didn't get to meet her at the Minnie, her name is Judy) she was a Scream teamer at the Minnie has signed up to do the 5K also!! I figure I'll just hang in the rear and make sure she finishes and gets her medal. She is a walker and walks almost everyday, but never really new how long it too her to walk or how far she walked. I gave her my Garmin 205 and she attempted to do 3 miles with a 15min mile and said she almost killed herself and the walking wasn't fun anymore. I told her this is something she needs to build up to. On another walk of 3 miles she kept a good pace of about 15:35. I think she'll do just fine and can't wait to see her face when she crosses the finish line. She has been my cheering section since my first Half marathon at WDW in 2007. I know she can do it.

I did manage to get off my rear and do 1.25 miles while baby was napping. Yay!

And I'm so excited - it took me nearly 6 months, but I'm finally back to my pre-pregnancy weight! Still have a good amount to lose before I'm where I'd like to be, but I'm excited to be back where I started. :)

Hooray for you! :cool1: :banana: But boy am I jealous! My oldest just turned 9 and I'm nowhere near my prepregnancy weight. My youngest is 20 mos and I'm not even back to the size I was before him. :sad1:

Tracy, here's some pixie dust pixiedust: for your mom. I'm sure she'll do great!

Hi! Here I am! Sorry for the disappearance. I had to do end of school procedures at my new school, and I had no idea what was involved.
Add to that the requisite parent conferences, and my time was sucked away. Then school got out and I had a pile of stuff to handle that I had been putting off until June. Now it's July, and I'm back!

DH and I went fishing this morning with my dad. I'm usually high hook, but I was nearly skunked after two hours. Dad: 4 throwbacks, DH: 3 throwbacks, me: nothing. Not even a crab. So I switched out poles (I am not blaming the pole--it was a spinning reel that had twisted line, so I gave up and went back to the other pole. Bam! a 19" fluke for me. Final score: Dad: 8 throwbacks, 5 sea robins (at least). DH: 5 throwbacks, 2 sea robins. Me: two keepers (I also landed a lovely, and quite tasty, 23" fluke), 3 throwbacks, 3 sea robins, and a bluefish (which we threw back).

I'll read all the other posts and try to catch up!

Duckie

Hey, I finally have some training to report! :guilty: :laughing:

I did my Leslie Sansone 2 mile DVD tonight. I know it's not alot. But compared to what I've been doing lately... :rolleyes1
Feels good to be back on the band wagon. New month. New commitment to ME!
I am also back on my WW band wagon as well. :thumbsup2
I guess I am finally fed up with myself and am ready to get back at it.

I will try to get the Indiana Jones cake pic posted soon.
My friend Evelyn did an awesome job putting it together for me. :worship:

Hey Duckie, nice to see you! Welcome back!

WTG Ang on the prepreg weight! Yahoo!

I have been away. We went to Maine June 21-28. I got 2 runs in up there so I was pretty happy but it has now been a week since I ran. I MUST get out there tomorrow.

I am reading 2 Bingham books and 1 Galloway book right now and really enjoying them.

Looking forward to getting back in the groove with running and posting over here.

Allyson

Hey WISHers,

I'm off to go run my prescribed 8 miles. See 'yall on the flip side. :banana:

Checking back in, 9:04 average pace with Guru Les. Anyone want to come for a run with us? Anyone???

Kristi - doesn't it feel good to finally get some exercise in to report? I've got 2 days in thgis week so far ;) WooHoo!!

Matt
- Welcome Back!

I did the elliptical machine tonight. OMG! It felt like it did the first time I ever stepped on one. Thought I was gonna die after 5 minutes.:scared1: I did manage to finish 30 minutes, dripping wet with sweat. Then I did a few minutes of abs. I'm beat!

Terri

Duckie Welocme back--missed seeing you post.

Kristi and Ang Good job on the training--every bit is good.

Up bright and early again (5:30). This time took the dog up to the little airport that my mom lives near. Saw the Hood Blimp (For the NE'ers, especially those who watch the Sox, you will know what it looks like). Back over to the dog park today to give Buddy a chance to run around with some of his own kind.
Really gotta do my exercises today, but right now have to get my shoe back from the dog--you'd think after an hour long walk he would just chill, but no such luck.

Maura

Duckie - YAY!!!:cool1:

Tracy - Your mom will do great I'm sure. Was nice to meet her in May and maybe we can stroll along together at the AK 5K. I'm afraid to push it with the 1/2 the next day.

Maura - One of our dogs used to walk around with his lead in his mouth even after a half day on the trails. The other one became instant rug.

Got in a 13 mile ride last night. Felt good and new trail has shade which was nice since we ride around 5p. Tonight we pick up RV so can load it up and head off tomorrow. Taking the bikes with so will get in some nice distance but not sure about walking. Have to see how that goes.

Have a great day!

OMG OMG OMG MATT!!!!!! :yay: :hug: :banana:

Jeff - I have been inside Diamond Head! :cool2:

Carol and Terri - Thanks for the sunblock suggestion but I was wearing SPF45. Do they make a SPF98? That's what I need! :thumbsup2

Jen - Hope things are settling down for you. :goodvibes

Kristi
- Yay for getting back on the bandwagons. :thumbsup2 As so many have said, it's a new month. I am committed to not missing a day of training in July. Care to join me? Be forewarned, the punishment for missing a day is severe! Hey, did you get the volunteering email? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.:mad:

Hey, look at all the people who stopped by! YAY! :yay:

So, uhh, where's Pat and and Jim with the Alaska report???? popcorn::

Kristi
- Yay for getting back on the bandwagons. :thumbsup2 As so many have said, it's a new month. I am committed to not missing a day of training in July. Care to join me? Be forewarned, the punishment for missing a day is severe! Hey, did you get the volunteering email? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.:mad:
Well, I am not really training for anything right now. So, I am going to commit to 5 days of exercise per week.

I saw the volunteer email. But they sent a correction that said something about marathon weekend events not changing. I think. Brain is mush still.

So, uhh, where's Pat and and Jim with the Alaska report???? popcorn::
Umm, maybe I am crazy...but isn't there a whole thread on that dear Queen?

Well, I am not really training for anything right now. So, I am going to commit to 5 days of exercise per week.

I saw the volunteer email. But they sent a correction that said something about marathon weekend events not changing. I think. Brain is mush still.

Umm, maybe I am crazy...but isn't there a whole thread on that dear Queen?

But you ARE training. You're working on your base for January. :thumbsup2

Ohh...OK, so ignore my email about the volunteering thing. :rolleyes1

Well, come on now, I'm the "Crispy Queen" so cut me some slack. I'm going to look right now. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter