Wingate, Wellesley or Hampton Inn

Runey

Mouseketeer
Hi there,

Has anyone stayed at either the Wingate, Wellesley or Hampton Inns? I have looked at all three on the net and they all look OK. The prices are all similar. So I was hoping someone might be able to tip my decision in the right direction.

I've chosen these three hotels becuase they are within walking distance of Universal and they all include breakfast.

Hope someone can help.
Thanks in advance

hi there my family and i stayed at the wellesey inn in orlando in january for three nights .on your web site this hotel looks fine. once you get past the front desk all hell breaks out .we were in a standard room for no more then five min. before we asked to be moved . they put us in a suite which was just as bad for a extra 60.00 for our stay. the rooms are very much in need of work and the carpets look like someone was shot on them. breakfast is a poor sight goes very fast and no more added. the hampton inn is right next door and is very clean and has anice breakfast. as for walking distance it,s quite ahike just to the front entrance never mind walking the rest of the way to the front gate. i hoped i helped you have a safe trip.

Thanks for the reply, looks like Wellesley Inn is out :) So down to either the Hampton or Wingate. Upto now I have been leaning towards the Wingate. Anybody else out there have any comments on these hotels?

Originally posted by imatroll
hi there my family and i stayed at the wellesey inn in orlando in january for three nights .on your web site this hotel looks fine. once you get past the front desk all hell breaks out .we were in a standard room for no more then five min. before we asked to be moved . they put us in a suite which was just as bad for a extra 60.00 for our stay. the rooms are very much in need of work and the carpets look like someone was shot on them. breakfast is a poor sight goes very fast and no more added. the hampton inn is right next door and is very clean and has anice breakfast. as for walking distance it,s quite ahike just to the front entrance never mind walking the rest of the way to the front gate. i hoped i helped you have a safe trip.

Which Wellesley did you stay at? The one on Commodity or the newer one on International Drive?

One more note: The Wellesley on International Drive does not have a full kitchen, just a small refrig, coffee maker, etc. They also do not have suites. They recently refurbished it, but since they don't have the full kitchens like we thought (just called to confirm this) we are now looking elsewhere.:rolleyes:

Wow, we stayed at the Wellesley Inn a couple years back for a few nights and loved it.. It was the one located off of Sand Lake Road east of I-drive. The staff was friendly, the room was very clean and well kept. It was roomy and had a little kitchen and everything. We were in between nights at OKW and wanted something with a fridge and microwave and Wellesley worked out great for us. There are a couple of places in Orlando I would never go back to, but I would definately go back to the Wellesley again.

I'm assuming these are the places on Windhover Dr.
Have stayed at Wingate & Wellesley, would pay any extra and stay at Wingate instead. Better maintained I think.
Have heard good things of the Hampton there also.
Don't know if our family would ever wanna hoof it from there tho!
Have a great trip!
Jim

I stayed at the Hampton Inn on Windhover last June as a last minute trip. I booked it for $44.95 a night on Hotel Kingdom. It was very nice, we had a king room with a microwave and a small fridge. I liked their continental breakfast. Only complaint, no laundry facilities. We had to go over to the Wingate for that.

I stayed at the Wellesley at Southpark. Wonderful little hotel. I got it for $25 a night on Priceline. We had a suite with a kitchenette with a full sized refrigerator. They had a great continental breakfast and very friendly staff. The only complaint I had, or my 10yo son had, was the lack of cartoon channels on the television... :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest