Will the shower soap/shampoo/lotion dispensers be put into DVC rooms?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I am wondering if the new soap dispensers will be put into the DVC rooms - I'm guessing at the expense of the DVC owners, of course. I could see this as an improvement for me because often those little bottles don't go very far with the family. You have to use extra sparingly to make them last until the day 4 of trash and towel. I would love to have a full dispenser and not worry about packing our own toiletries.

Any thoughts or news on this?

I would think not. If they intended to do this, they would have been in CCV.

Nothing screams "Deluxe Resort" more than having to bring your own shampoo...
Having big soap bottles is becoming commonplace here in Europe and I like it. It's a win win situation: the hotel saves a bit, the guest never runs out of toiletries, less plastic into the environment. As DVC member, I'd like this to be implemented in our resorts.

It could happen. I still don't understand how it will work for bath/shower duo-use tubs. Usually the bottles are at waist height on the back wall of a bathtub which is easy access for the guest while showering. I couldn't reach that high when sitting in a tub. I suspect people that use the body wash will appreciate having bath soap. And families would have lots of shampoo and conditioner, which is a big complaint that the little bottles don't work for them.

I hope not. So many of the cruise lines have gone with the stuff in bottles in showers, I bring my extra DCL stuff on all those cruises.

DVC seems now to have tubes like DCL uses instead of little bottles

Last edited:
I would think not. If they intended to do this, they would have been in CCV.

That would make it more "authentic". All the resorts in Yellowstone, at least the ones we've stayed at. use the big dispensers. Since Wilderness Lodge is patterned after Yellowstone Lodge (can't remember the exact name), it would make sense.

I find the proposed plan of soap/shampoo/lotion dispensers cheap, cheesy and unhygienic. Disney hotels are supposed to be a cut above the others and lately they are falling way below. Heck, even Hampton Inns now are classier than DVC "deluxe" studios. At least Hampton Inn's provide you with a clean white comforter, comfortable beds, coffee makers, individual soaps, shampoos, lotions and even breakfast.

I find the proposed plan of soap/shampoo/lotion dispensers cheap, cheesy and unhygienic. Disney hotels are supposed to be a cut above the others and lately they are falling way below. Heck, even Hampton Inns now are classier than DVC "deluxe" studios. At least Hampton Inn's provide you with a clean white comforter, comfortable beds, coffee makers, individual soaps, shampoos, lotions and even breakfast.

I agree with you about the bedding: I want comforters too! But I'm all in for the soap dispensers. My daughters have very long hair, and we always have to pack our own conditioner for them. It will be nice to be able to use as much as we want. I know people say they have found sources online that say the soap can be unhygienic, but I'm not going to stress over it, just like I don't stress over using the soap in a public restroom. It just doesn't bother me.

I am of the opinion if it is unhygienic on the exterior, clean it yourself. Each DVC room has a bottle of dish soap, and cleaning it with the soap should clear up the problem. Otherwise bring a can of lysol or some wipes.

This is a perfect example of Disney changing their procedures as a result of guest behavior. Have you seen the posts with pictures of people having hundreds of extra bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash? They are so proud that they were able to get their room attendant to give them multiples. People actually sell sets on Ebay. I believe that room attendants give extras hoping to increase the chances of getting a tip. If I were making the decisions at Disney, I would go to the refillable bottles. #thisiswhywecanthavenicethings

We are at Bay Lake Tower, first visit since March, and we are getting 'cruise size' toiletries -- the cruise green shampoo, plus conditioner, body wash and lotion. Beautiful H2O products.
We did not get new sets at the four-day Trash and Towel visit, but we didn't need them either.

We are at Bay Lake Tower, first visit since March, and we are getting 'cruise size' toiletries -- the cruise green shampoo, plus conditioner, body wash and lotion. Beautiful H2O products.
We did not get new sets at the four-day Trash and Towel visit, but we didn't need them either.
Interesting. When did this start? And are they doing this at all the deluxe/dvc resorts?

Very interesting, I like it. Sometimes on the morning for T&T we are getting really low on shampoo. My only hope is that they do not take away our bars of soap as I still do not care for body wash. I never feel clean really after using it and often they very fragrant and which causes an asthma flair for me.

We are at BLT and are pleased with the size and various toiletries. I do like the tubes which dispense the contents.

I think that at this point, it's premature to really speculate. The big bottle dispensers were spotted in a few rooms in a non DVC Moderate Resort. Everyone is now freaking out. Honestly, I would say wait and see for now.

Nothing screams "Deluxe Resort" more than having to bring your own shampoo...
Having big soap bottles is becoming commonplace here in Europe and I like it. It's a win win situation: the hotel saves a bit, the guest never runs out of toiletries, less plastic into the environment. As DVC member, I'd like this to be implemented in our resorts.

It's also common in the national park resorts here in the us for environmental reasons, for that alone (nevermine the savings) im surprised disney hasn't gone to it yet with their conservation fund and environmental focus

I hope not. So many of the cruise lines have gone with the stuff in bottles in showers, I bring my extra DCL stuff on all those cruises.

DVC seems now to have tubes like DCL uses instead of little bottles
If they are doing it on cruises, they must not have reason to be worried about a hygiene problem with it. Ships take every possible precaution against spreading infection, so they must think this is okay.

That would make it more "authentic". All the resorts in Yellowstone, at least the ones we've stayed at. use the big dispensers. Since Wilderness Lodge is patterned after Yellowstone Lodge (can't remember the exact name), it would make sense.
Old Faithful Inn. When we stayed in Yellowstone, we got individual soaps and shampoos. Our soaps were little bears.

I am of the opinion if it is unhygienic on the exterior, clean it yourself. Each DVC room has a bottle of dish soap, and cleaning it with the soap should clear up the problem. Otherwise bring a can of lysol or some wipes.
Just what I want to do on the first day of my vacation, clean up from the people before us.

I already wipe down the remote, door knobs and the like. Pretty sad that I will also have to clean the shower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!