Will cruise lines require passengers to wear a Face Mask? - POLL

Will cruise lines require guests to wear a Face Mask?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh, are you the cruise director? Please show me where these rules are posted and date issued.

No, Im quoting CDC guidelines, maybe try using Google once in a while.

www.cdc gov/quarantine/cruise/covid19-operations-manual-cso.html

Mask Use

At this time, all persons, including port personnel, crew, and passengers (including those that are fully vaccinated) are advised that CDC’s Mask Order remains in effect and requires the wearing of masks on conveyances entering, traveling within or leaving the United States, and in U.S. transportation hubs (see Maritime-specific Frequently Asked Questions).

• While the Order permits temporarily removing a mask for brief periods of time while eating or drinking, removal of the mask for extended meal service or beverage consumption would constitute a violation of this Order.
  • Masks do not have to be worn while inside one’s own cabin

Requirements

To reduce the spread of SARS-CoV-2, cruise ship operators must:

• Provide passengers and crew with information on how to properly wear, take off, and clean cloth masks.
  • Remind passengers and crew not to touch their masks when wearing them.
  • Position posters educating passengers on how to properly wear masks in high traffic areas throughout the ship
  • Ensure bathers wear masks while congregating outside of recreational water facilities (RWFs) and while seated on the pool deck area. Masks do not need to be worn in the water, e.g., in RWFs or while swimming in the ocean. A wet cloth mask can make it difficult to breathe and likely will not work correctly. This means it is particularly important for bathers to maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet (2 meters) when in the water with others who are not traveling companions or part of the same family.

Edit: Forgot to include page revision date.

Page last reviewed: May 5, 2021

I just completed a survey from Royal. It asked why I booked a cruise, why I selected the cruise I did, had I traveled in the last year and where, how I felt about flying, what mitigation regulations I expected, had I been vaccinated, and was I planning on it, mask use, etc. I got the impression from the survey they were trying to gauge how comfortable I was traveling and cruising. I've traveled a lot during the pandemic and have no concerns at all so I'm off the chart in one direction.

After completing the survey I started wondering why I booked the cruise. None of this sounds fun. I can just hope a year from now the powers that be have come to their senses and we are back to some kind of normalcy.

I just completed a survey from Royal. It asked why I booked a cruise, why I selected the cruise I did, had I traveled in the last year and where, how I felt about flying, what mitigation regulations I expected, had I been vaccinated, and was I planning on it, mask use, etc. I got the impression from the survey they were trying to gauge how comfortable I was traveling and cruising. I've traveled a lot during the pandemic and have no concerns at all so I'm off the chart in one direction.

After completing the survey I started wondering why I booked the cruise. None of this sounds fun. I can just hope a year from now the powers that be have come to their senses and we are back to some kind of normalcy.
Nope, it sure doesn't. I really miss cruising, but vax and masks and all their restrictions aren't for me. Like 2-3 cruise lines call me regularly to get me to book and I tell them the same things over and over...you'd think they would get it by now

Nope, it sure doesn't. I really miss cruising, but vax and masks and all their restrictions aren't for me. Like 2-3 cruise lines call me regularly to get me to book and I tell them the same things over and over...you'd think they would get it by now
My cruise isn't until May 2022. I have a carnival cruise and Disney cruise booked for September 2022. I was like you. I couldn't bring myself to book anything. I decided to go ahead and lock in some decent prices, but everything is refundable.

My cruise isn't until May 2022. I have a carnival cruise and Disney cruise booked for September 2022. I was like you. I couldn't bring myself to book anything. I decided to go ahead and lock in some decent prices, but everything is refundable.
I have a Royal Caribbean booked for spring and I was going to book a summer cruise on Disney on the wish but I’m hesitant to book that one as I believe it’s non-refundable to a point and I will not cruise with the current restrictions.

I have a Royal Caribbean booked for spring and I was going to book a summer cruise on Disney on the wish but I’m hesitant to book that one as I believe it’s non-refundable to a point and I will not cruise with the current restrictions.
It's only the Maiden Voyage that has the non-refundable deposit.

Is it weird to be the only person still wearing one?
Can we maybe pull back from the extremes? They are not the "only" ones. Where I live in South Florida, most people still wears masks virtually everywhere. Grocery stores, malls, Walmart's, schools...even outdoors during children's sporting events. Don't assume that just because things are a certain way where you live, that they are that way everywhere.

No, Im quoting CDC guidelines, maybe try using Google once in a while.

www.cdc gov/quarantine/cruise/covid19-operations-manual-cso.html

Mask Use

At this time, all persons, including port personnel, crew, and passengers (including those that are fully vaccinated) are advised that CDC’s Mask Order remains in effect and requires the wearing of masks on conveyances entering, traveling within or leaving the United States, and in U.S. transportation hubs (see Maritime-specific Frequently Asked Questions).

• While the Order permits temporarily removing a mask for brief periods of time while eating or drinking, removal of the mask for extended meal service or beverage consumption would constitute a violation of this Order.
  • Masks do not have to be worn while inside one’s own cabin

Requirements

To reduce the spread of SARS-CoV-2, cruise ship operators must:

• Provide passengers and crew with information on how to properly wear, take off, and clean cloth masks.
  • Remind passengers and crew not to touch their masks when wearing them.
  • Position posters educating passengers on how to properly wear masks in high traffic areas throughout the ship
  • Ensure bathers wear masks while congregating outside of recreational water facilities (RWFs) and while seated on the pool deck area. Masks do not need to be worn in the water, e.g., in RWFs or while swimming in the ocean. A wet cloth mask can make it difficult to breathe and likely will not work correctly. This means it is particularly important for bathers to maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet (2 meters) when in the water with others who are not traveling companions or part of the same family.

Edit: Forgot to include page revision date.

Page last reviewed: May 5, 2021
The CDC updated this page again (not sure when but today is May 12th)

Fully Vaccinated Travelers
  • Cruise ship operators, at their discretion, may advise passengers and crew that—if they are fully vaccinated—they may gather or conduct activities outdoors, including engaging in extended meal service or beverage consumption, without wearing a mask except in crowded settings.

I am almost 71 years old NOT YOUNG and have zero issue wearing a mask. Have had my Moderna since February, fairly healthy >> bicycled 65.56 miles YESTERDAY finishing a few hours before driving myself to the dentist to have a tooth extracted and dealing every day with my cancer. If MSC continues to require masks when US Cruising begins, not a problem.

MSC Grandiosa March 2021 Cruise video >>

I am almost 71 years old NOT YOUNG and have zero issue wearing a mask. Have had my Moderna since February, fairly healthy >> bicycled 65.56 miles YESTERDAY finishing a few hours before driving myself to the dentist to have a tooth extracted and dealing every day with my cancer. If MSC continues to require masks when US Cruising begins, not a problem.

MSC Grandiosa March 2021 Cruise video >>

FOR YOU....and that's okay. But I have no desire to lay around on a boat, get in hot tubs, pools, and worry about if I should have a mask on...ESPECIALLY if they are requiring vaccinations. It makes no sense and sounds like ZERO fun.

FOR YOU....and that's okay. But I have no desire to lay around on a boat, get in hot tubs, pools, and worry about if I should have a mask on...ESPECIALLY if they are requiring vaccinations. It makes no sense and sounds like ZERO fun.
well in a few weeks in The UK people will be doing this. It will be interesting to see if peoples opinions will change once they see all the videos of people back on DCL , on The Magic. It kinda reminds me of all the negativity before WDW reopened, how everyone was like oh noooo, thats not what a Disney vacation is, but now that its beeen open for months, its not that much of an issue

well in a few weeks in The UK people will be doing this. It will be interesting to see if peoples opinions will change once they see all the videos of people back on DCL , on The Magic. It kinda reminds me of all the negativity before WDW reopened, how everyone was like oh noooo, thats not what a Disney vacation is, but now that its beeen open for months, its not that much of an issue
Nope, won't change my mind at all... I have seen people at WDW with masks and the limited offerings and I still will not go until masks are no longer required outdoors at minimum and the offerings increase along with parades and fireworks. I have a trip booked in Dec. and I will cancel if I need to. I also have a cruise booked in February, and looking to book one next summer. A cruise is not a cruise when you are wearing a mask in the hot tub

Nope, won't change my mind at all... I have seen people at WDW with masks and the limited offerings and I still will not go until masks are no longer required outdoors at minimum and the offerings increase along with parades and fireworks. I have a trip booked in Dec. and I will cancel if I need to. I also have a cruise booked in February, and looking to book one next summer. A cruise is not a cruise when you are wearing a mask in the hot tub

It was probably just a figure of speech ... but just in case: They are not requiring masks when you are in the hot tub/pool.

It was probably just a figure of speech ... but just in case: They are not requiring masks when you are in the hot tub/pool.
I get that, but it still makes zero sense. So I can sit next to a guy at the bar with no masks and its cool, or chill in a hot tub with a few people and thats fine too. But God forbid walk around the ship with no mask, OUTDOORS..... The stupidity and ridiculousness is astounding

I think the common sense went out the window long ago with the CDC and outdoor settings on a cruise ship. I don't care how crowded it is, the wind is blowing 72,000 mph and swirls. The chances of finding the one particle per billion in the air and ingesting it is so small it is probably less than getting shark bit while on board. I think it would be like putting a dandelion in one of the tornado wind machines and trying to suck one of the particles up your nose. I understand indoors, I even can live with that and other stuff that has been disproven, but as far as i know no one in the world has done the moving wind machine test to see the results. All outdoor guidance is based on stagnant testing, so any movement even puts the risk lower.

I get that, but it still makes zero sense. So I can sit next to a guy at the bar with no masks and its cool, or chill in a hot tub with a few people and thats fine too. But God forbid walk around the ship with no mask, OUTDOORS..... The stupidity and ridiculousness is astounding
Well, typically, if you're unmasked, you're not "next" to the guy at the bar or in the hot tub. Hot tubs will have limits on how many people can be in them at one time. Personally, I don't do hot tubs unless it's first thing in the morning (before anyone else has been in them) and only with my husband. They are just too germ-y for me otherwise.

Well, typically, if you're unmasked, you're not "next" to the guy at the bar or in the hot tub. Hot tubs will have limits on how many people can be in them at one time. Personally, I don't do hot tubs unless it's first thing in the morning (before anyone else has been in them) and only with my husband. They are just too germ-y for me otherwise.
How close do you think someone sits to you at a bar on a cruise ship, or any bar. Are they going to space seats out 6 ft? The point is the bars and lounges will be there and people will sit next to each other, indoors, without a mask. Not to mention they will all be vaccinated so I don't see the point in the dog and pony show....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter