Will cruise lines require passengers to wear a Face Mask? - POLL

Will cruise lines require guests to wear a Face Mask?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
I get that, but it still makes zero sense. So I can sit next to a guy at the bar with no masks and its cool, or chill in a hot tub with a few people and thats fine too. But God forbid walk around the ship with no mask, OUTDOORS..... The stupidity and ridiculousness is astounding

Don't take my word for it but if I am not mistaken, sitting in the hot tub with someone else than your own travel party is forbidden.

Honestly, I think it was a bad idea to let any info come out on this matter before the CDC has made an agreement with the cruise lines... Circumstances and rules could change at anytime and we still don't have a date where sailings will resume...

Bahamas just announced that vaccinated guests don't have to present a negative PCR test and no mask on CocoCay.

Don't take my word for it but if I am not mistaken, sitting in the hot tub with someone else than your own travel party is forbidden.

Honestly, I think it was a bad idea to let any info come out on this matter before the CDC has made an agreement with the cruise lines... Circumstances and rules could change at anytime and we still don't have a date where sailings will resume...

Bahamas just announced that vaccinated guests don't have to present a negative PCR test and no mask on CocoCay.
So maybe a private hot tub for just 2 people.....can't imagine that working out...LOL

well in a few weeks in The UK people will be doing this. It will be interesting to see if peoples opinions will change once they see all the videos of people back on DCL , on The Magic. It kinda reminds me of all the negativity before WDW reopened, how everyone was like oh noooo, thats not what a Disney vacation is, but now that its beeen open for months, its not that much of an issue
Pretty much, and the fact that anyone waiting for their 'perfect' unrestricted vacation is going to wait a while. I anticipate restrictions to be in place in some form until 2023 (if not later). That would be four years. Not many cruisers are going to waste the prime traveling years of their lives holed up in domestic hotels and state parks.

The cruise lines have cut down their capacity, are sailing with even less, and can charge the prices they want. Those finding restrictions too onerous aren't the target market. They won't be for a long time.

Pretty much, and the fact that anyone waiting for their 'perfect' unrestricted vacation is going to wait a while. I anticipate restrictions to be in place in some form until 2023 (if not later). That would be four years. Not many cruisers are going to waste the prime traveling years of their lives holed up in domestic hotels and state parks.

The cruise lines have cut down their capacity, are sailing with even less, and can charge the prices they want. Those finding restrictions too onerous aren't the target market. They won't be for a long time.
Or we could all move on and stop living in these bubbles. But hey, that's just me. The cruise line can't last without the customer, that has been proven. We can most likely last without them. I just find it ridiculous to require masks outdoors. Makes ZERO sense

Or we could all move on and stop living in these bubbles. But hey, that's just me. The cruise line can't last without the customer, that has been proven. We can most likely last without them. I just find it ridiculous to require masks outdoors. Makes ZERO sense
Right - they need every one of us since they are the ones spending a better part of their day on cruise forums when they aren't even looking to sail until who knows when.

How close do you think someone sits to you at a bar on a cruise ship, or any bar. Are they going to space seats out 6 ft? The point is the bars and lounges will be there and people will sit next to each other, indoors, without a mask. Not to mention they will all be vaccinated so I don't see the point in the dog and pony show....

Yes, they are most likely going to put stickers or move or remove seats to reenforce the 6ft rule.

There are vlogs outhere on youtube showing how they are doing this on different cruise lines where cruises are sailing.

Not an attack and no hatred. Your words >>> "...I will not go on them if they are still acting crazy with restrictions...." which translates to never cruising again if restrictions are in place and if they do not discontinue restrictions until you can no longer cruise for whatever reason, so it's not a problem with me.
If you say so, either way, you do you and enjoy doing it.

It looks like masks/vaccines/social distancing will most likely play some part in the restart and be there for at least a few months/years.

If I knew I didn’t want to cruise with masks or vaccines or social distancing... I would simply book a different type of vacation (for a year or two) and move on.

p.s.: But I’m fine with all of it, so I have bookings and plan to go as soon as it is safe and less complicated for us to do so.

It looks like masks/vaccines/social distancing will most likely play some part in the restart and be there for at least a few months/years.

If I knew I didn’t want to cruise with masks or vaccines or social distancing... I would simply book a different type of vacation (for a year or two) and move on.

p.s.: But I’m fine with all of it, so I have bookings and plan to go as soon as it is safe and less complicated for us to do so.

I never said no masks, but I certainly would say no to masks outdoors. Indoors is fine, and would make more sense

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!