Will cruise lines require passengers to wear a Face Mask? - POLL

Will cruise lines require guests to wear a Face Mask?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
In an effort to get it on topic, no, they won’t require masks while outdoors on ships. They can say it’s on the honor system for vaccinated folks only, but the show will go on.

I realize a lot of folks want the restrictions to continue and have diminished experiences, but the bottom line is that the jobs report last Friday was flat out horrible. Disney earnings report showed that the parks have been battered and Disney+ subs fell way below estimates.

Profits always come first, and Disney knows a lot of people aren’t willing to pay for a diminished experience, especially in Florida heat. Guidance needed to come from the CDC first so that businesses could just throw up their hands and say “we’re just following cdc guidelines.” I think the CDC is ok with taking the heat from a few upset individual, no one likes them very much right now.
Many businesses in my area still have the mask signs up even though our mask mandate ended two months ago. The businesses (even the big corporations)don't enforce it, but you still see the majority complying. If people continue to remove their masks I think they will have no choice, but to remove the signs. I do believe there is a percentage of the population that will continue to wear masks maybe forever.

Disney just got got rid of there outdoor mask mandates at the parks. This should translate to outdoor use on ships.

When I answered this poll last year, things were significantly different and I was thinking of cruising opening much earlier in the US. It's definitely looking to open later here now, and mask rules/guidance is changing. So, I suspect the answer is no masks outdoors; indoors remains to be seen for the next few months. I still think it remains to be seen too, if we are moving ahead too quickly. I know there are different circumstances in the US than some other places like India, but I wonder if the circumstances are really that vastly different. I hope we aren't going to get bitten in the rear.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest