Why DVC?

NJParkhopper

DIS Veteran- Thanks for everything, Walt!!!
After participating in a recent thread about profiling what a DVC-er is like, I was wondering what are the 3 biggest reasons that influenced you to become a DVC member?

1) Forced vacations. My wife works tremendous hours all year long, and our thinking was that if we bought into DVC, it would force us to take vacations or we'd be wasting money. So far, that theory has worked!

2) Through our careers, my wife and I traveled a fair amount and lived in major metropolitan areas such as D.C. and L.A. Now, we've settled in small town that we love but want our daughter to experience trips outside our state and country while allowing ourselves a bit of luxury with nice accomodations. So far, THAT theory has worked, too.

3) We decided years ago that under most circumstances when we traveled, we would spend the extra money to have a suite at a hotel. We felt more relaxed, more rested, and less stressed. We enjoyed trips more when we had room to spread out. DVC offers that. We always get 2BRs even though there are only three of us.

So, it made sense to us to combine our requirement for roomy & upscale accomodations, our need to push us to go on vacation, and our desire to show our daughter a world beyond small town living into one package--Disney's Vacation Club.

1) That I get to stay at a deluxe resort (BWV) in a 1 bedroom every time I go to Disney!! :cheer2: :love:

2)Being able to buy into the Boardwalk. :cheer2: :cheer2:

3) That it a Disney Timeshare- IMO Disney does everything top notch. The flexiblity with the points and being allowed to go whenever YOU want is great.

Now three reasons why I'm glad I bought:

1) Knowing I get to go back to the Boardwalk every year. :love: :love:

2) Knowing I don't have to commando tour anymore--I'm getting way too old for that. This last trip was so relaxing!! (As relaxing as Disney can be)

3) Knowing I don't have to come up with the money for accomodations. I just have to worry about airfare, food and tickets.

- we're on the verge of retirement and wanted to have pre-paid vacations for travelling wherever and whenever

- we could gift members of our family with paid vacations when we're not using the points

- we can leave the remaining contract to nieces/nephews after making our last trip you know where :)

:goodvibes

* Addiction to WDW (we love it & will continue to go even after our DD gets older)

*We're resort snobs & will only stay at deluxes......If the DVC accomadations were comparable to the value or moderates, we wouldn't have joined.

*Value......We felt that for us, the initial cost & dues was far less than what we would have spent on hotel ressies over the next 35 - 40 years.......

We love Disney, we like staying on property, and we knew that we'd be getting a good product with Disney.

1. We love Disney World
2.Don't want to stay off property
3.Deluxe style resorts for the price of Value

1) I love what Walt Disney created.
2) I love sharing Disney resorts with my family.
3) As others have said, buying into the DVC forces me
to schedule family vacation time.

• size of rooms - sharing a room with a teenage boy was NOT DHs idea of a relaxing vacation
  • comfort- it's as much about the room as it is about the parks. We love to relax on our balcony in the evening watching people along the Boardwalk and sharing a bottle of wine we chilled in our refrigerator
  • onsite- going back to the room mid-day GREATLY increased the quality of our vacations

TO have the most MAGICAL 2cd home in the World and to give our children a gift that they and their children can share and enjoy for many years to come at today's prices~ (DD 9 and DS 11 so we have a while to wait for those grandchildren, but we're ready with DVC)

~DW ::MinnieMo

1) Quality of the resort. This includes: location, construction, size of the villa, landscaping, balcony, furnishings, etc.

2) Flexibility offered by the DVC Points structure. For us taking several 5 day vacations per year is a great deal easier to plan and arrange than taking even one 7 day or longer vacation. The bonus being the lower point structure of staying from Sunday through Friday which allowed us to avoid the more expensive weekends. Further, we like to travel with friends and family and very much like reserving only the size villa we need for each particular vacation based on the number of guests we choose to entertain.

3) The ease of buying only the number of points we wanted when we wanted. We realized early on that we would eventually have a substantial interest in OKW allowing us extended stays. We have since 1995 purchased 8 add-on contracts plus 2 resale contracts all at our own pace without taking loans. Knowing we could slowly buy more points as our finances allowed and as our needs changed made for an easy decision.

NJParkhopper said:
After participating in a recent thread about profiling what a DVC-er is like, I was wondering what are the 3 biggest reasons that influenced you to become a DVC member?

My 3 Biggest Reasons for Joining DVC are:
DD 1
DD 2
DW 3

1. latent crazy streak exacerbated by pixie dust :crazy: pixiedust:
2. "friends & family" pushed us over the edge party:
3. fun vacations for us, our kids and hopefully in the distant future, grandkids! :grouphug:

We love all things Disney. It makes our lives easier. It keeps us connected with the magic even when we are not at WDW.

1. Realized that it could come to the point where I would only be able to afford the value resorts at Disney World without DVC, and after a disappointing stay at Pop, I knew I didn't want to stay there all the time, so I took the plunge.

2. The fact that when I was researching it, I didn't see anyone say really bad about DVC. To me, that speaks a lot about how the program is run, and the flexiblity of it.

3. Great value at great resorts (if you can afford that intial investment).

1) We love WDW and had gotten to the point of taking yearly vacations there. Having stayed at everywhere from All Stars to the Grand Floridian we knew we loved the deluxe accomdations.

2) Based on #1 after tourning DVC we knew we had found a home. I love the one bedrooms with the king size bed, the jacuzzi tub, the washer/dryer, and the full size kitchen. We get the best of both worlds - deluxe accomdations and a true homey feel.

3) All of the above wouldn't have been worth it if DVC was like many other timeshares with fixed weeks. It was the point system and the flexability of it that closed the deal for us. We've used points in just about every month of the year and we have used them for a studio, one bedroom, two bedroom and some cruises.

DVC is one of the best things we ever did for ourselves!

We love Disney and go every year. We had visited all of the moderates and stayed in a value one year (that was plenty) and knew we would be staying deluxe from here on out. So it would save us $$ on rooms.

Must be on property

Love the size and how great the rooms are :)

Every reason so far I thought about. It's tough to narrow DVC down to 3

I LIKED the DVC 1 bedroom units & we kept paying cash for them...

so #1 I liked the units more than anything else on property
#2 I kept paying cash for said units
#3 I have plenty of room to make my coffee in the morning

&

#4 I have a washer & dryer so I don't have to pack much!

Latest posts

facebook twitter