Why did and didn't you do the MK photo shoot?

Hands down Dress #1.

Girls can be stupid. Just keep your head high and remember you're beautiful. Get the dress you want and love, it looks great on you.

I must agree Dress #1!!! You look stunning!!! It's your special day and you should feel like a princess!!!

I too heard the castle is going under referb. Has anyone else heard this? I'm now rethinking the photos but our coordinator says they take that into account. Does anyone have any suggestions besides the castle in MK?

Thank you!!!

I just did my photo shoot on Monday with Amy as our photographer. (We requested her and a few others as a back up, but DPS worked with our schedule to make sure we got her.) We did both the MK and Epcot, and we had a blast. I can't wait to see our pics up online, but we did see some on the camera screen and they were amazing.

Yes, we had to get up early, but this is a once in a lifetime thing for us. I can't imagine not doing it, b/c the castle is our happy place! It was also FREEZING cold, but again, we all did it and had so much fun.

I did my own hair and make-up to save money. I bought clip on Jessica Simpson hair extensions and those Bump-its combs and was able to do it very quickly. My make up took me a little over an hour to do, but I think it came out great - too bad I don't have any pics to share yet. The best advice for diy make up is to practice.

I think that there is some sort of construction going on soon, but check with Disney for exact dates and such.

And...Dress #1 is awesome. I am also a plus size bride, but I don't care what others think. This is who I am, and it's not like I have some skinny model standing next to me for any frame of reference. :rotfl: Good luck with your decision!!

I had a Magic Kingdom Photo shoot a year ago and I never ever would begin to regret it. It was one of my favorite parts of my wedding experience. We also did Epcot, but the Magic Kingdom pictures are my favorite...they are "Disney". I had Amy. I had first requested Ty, but after bad stories and even worse stories about him not liking "Plus Sized" Brides I called back and told DPS that I did not want Ty or Mike Strickland (thanks Carrie). I requested Amy or Regina and thankfully got Amy. She was sooo wonderful, so professional and took lots of great pictures. I don't feel like I have multiple pictures of DH and I in front of the castle that all look the same except for a differant color. Here are a few of my favorites.....

3046643162_4bd29ac14b.jpg

3045809741_0cbebeee15.jpg

3046844200_64cb161d32.jpg

3046642834_be6daaea91.jpg

3045809487_2afdeb2eb2.jpg

3046009595_41d101676f.jpg

Those people who said that are not your friends and you shouldn't listen to them!!! Dress 1 is amazing!!!! I love it, looked at and thought ohhh I like that dress, and you look great in it! Don't surround yourself with anyone who doesn't love you for you, they are just jealous that you are a DISNEY BRIDE and they aren't!!!! I hate people like that, sorry they ruined your day.

Lisa- Thanks for all your help so far, I keep showing everyone at work your pics on your signature, because I love love love the picture of you and your hubby with the mickey ears from behind looking at the castle. Everyone sees it and goes ohhhh my gossshhhh that is the cutest thing I have ever seen, and even if they are not "disney" people like all of us, they see that, and they finally get it!!!

As for me, thanks to Lisa, and her PJ and all her help, I am TOTALLY doing the MK photoshoot. To me, actually that is the entire reason for the event to happen there. We will be doing a vow renewal, and honestly, the entire reason is so I can have the park to myself, and have those priceless pics. I'm prepared for not all of them to be good, I don't think I'd ever be happy with all pics, thats just me. But to me, like others have said, the castle is my happy place... Its the place I LOVE to be, and makes me sooo very happy, so I can't imagine not doing it. I don't have a ton of money to spare, but to me, I think I will treasure those pictures as long as I live, and there is no price that can be set for that. Not to mention the sight of mainstreet with no other guests in the park!!! WOOHOOO, now as far as waking up that early, I'm not yet prepared to talk about that!!!! :lmao:

Good luck with your decision! Can't wait to hear what you decide!

sorry one other thing, did I read someone got the cd/disc with all their images for $100... when I called she said it would be $750!!! OUCH, how could it possibly go up that much?? THAT IS ALOT! But I want all my images!

Lisa - I printed out some of your pictures b/c I loved them so much and took them with me to our shoot. It was your pictures too that made me want a shoot soooo much. I specifically wanted the same one with the ear hats! And guess what? Amy remembered doing your shoot and had really nice things to say about you guys. She was also laughing about the fact that you had to tell the cruise photographer what to do.

Sadly, I didn't get the awesome mirror picture. Where was that at in the castle?

I do have to say this too - you really aren't totally alone b/c there are workers and trucks and equipment, etc. in the parks. So it's not like complete silence. BUT - there were very few and it was awesome to have that experience!

sorry one other thing, did I read someone got the cd/disc with all their images for $100... when I called she said it would be $750!!! OUCH, how could it possibly go up that much?? THAT IS ALOT! But I want all my images!

Back in the olden days (2 years ago), if you wanted the high res cd right away it was $1000. If you waited 3 years you could get it for $100. They have changed that now and it is actually much more affordable much sooner. I am thinking $350 if you for go the online posting and such. I am sure Carrie will be along to post the correct information. But the $100 was an older deal and you had to wait three years for that price.

Unfortunately, I believe the $750 is correct and the new "deal" is $350 for waiting three years. When I've found other photographers for $1200-$1500 for 4 hours AND the CD, it's just not worth using the DPS :(

Oh, bummer. I guess if DPS did all your photography and you could get the CD for the $750, it wouldn't be so bad. I just ordered a couple of enlargements of our MK and AK Honeymoon shoot right after the wedding and am waiting until August to get our cd. I COULDN'T wait three years and not have ANY of them, but I will be very happy to finally have the high res cd and be able to make prints for my family. Sadly, if you want the rights to your in-park shoots, that is the only way to get them. Cornered market...can't blame them.

I believe that an Escape bride can give up the albums from her wedding and MK shoot and for $395 add the CD from DPS. If you really want the albums than this sucks but I am having Randy for my ceremony so I really don't care what the DPS photographer is doing but I do want the CD from our MK shoot so I'm not getting any albums.

Just curious... what do the albums look like? the Escape and MK shoot one?

Thanks for all the answers on the photo CD ladies!!!!

Lisa- Thanks for all your help so far, I keep showing everyone at work your pics on your signature, because I love love love the picture of you and your hubby with the mickey ears from behind looking at the castle. Everyone sees it and goes ohhhh my gossshhhh that is the cutest thing I have ever seen, and even if they are not "disney" people like all of us, they see that, and they finally get it!!!

As for me, thanks to Lisa, and her PJ and all her help, I am TOTALLY doing the MK photoshoot. To me, actually that is the entire reason for the event to happen there. We will be doing a vow renewal, and honestly, the entire reason is so I can have the park to myself, and have those priceless pics. I'm prepared for not all of them to be good, I don't think I'd ever be happy with all pics, thats just me. But to me, like others have said, the castle is my happy place... Its the place I LOVE to be, and makes me sooo very happy, so I can't imagine not doing it. I don't have a ton of money to spare, but to me, I think I will treasure those pictures as long as I live, and there is no price that can be set for that. Not to mention the sight of mainstreet with no other guests in the park!!! WOOHOOO, now as far as waking up that early, I'm not yet prepared to talk about that!!!! :lmao:

Good luck with your decision! Can't wait to hear what you decide!

Awe thank you! I am willing to help anyone....I love Disney and loved the Magic of my wedding and pictures! When I look at them it combines the love for my husband and the place I love most all wrapped up with a big white dress! Perfect!

The picture with the ears was sooo important to me. We drug those ears around for like an hour before we got the shot! Then we left them in Amy's van! Do you know with in 4 hours they were delivered right to our room in a Disney bag with a note from Amy!

Lisa - I printed out some of your pictures b/c I loved them so much and took them with me to our shoot. It was your pictures too that made me want a shoot soooo much. I specifically wanted the same one with the ear hats! And guess what? Amy remembered doing your shoot and had really nice things to say about you guys. She was also laughing about the fact that you had to tell the cruise photographer what to do.

Sadly, I didn't get the awesome mirror picture. Where was that at in the castle?

I do have to say this too - you really aren't totally alone b/c there are workers and trucks and equipment, etc. in the parks. So it's not like complete silence. BUT - there were very few and it was awesome to have that experience!

Awe thank you Tanya! It means alot to me that you liked my pictures considering it's your job and all! That is so cool she remembered us, I sing her praises all over because she was out of this world to work with!

The picture with the mirror was in the Bibity Bopity Boutique. I loved it in there....the colors were so pretty! Here is another from inside....

3045809563_d32348395c.jpg

That is true there are workers, they were cutting the grass in the dark when we were there and painting the Tinkerbelle shop (That is why we have no fountain pictures), but it was still awesome being there!

Thanks for all the info (and feedback). I wonder what the chances are of getting a photographer we request if we have two names? I just love the photos you all have shared.

I had my MK photo shoot one week after my wedding. It was definitely an expense, but it was something that I knew I would never have the opportunity to do again. You only live once right? :rotfl:

We had Ty as a photographer and could not have been happier. I loved my photos and we even got some on the beach. I didn't realize Ty had so many mixed reviews, but he was great to us.

Here is the link to my photos if you care to take a look

http://katieandmattsdisneywedding.shutterfly.com/195

Good luck!

Katie - Your pictures are gorgeous!!! Love them all! The ones on the beach are really beautiful as well. I love #112 (thats what it says below, says 113 to the upper right corner) its the cutest picture ever! Thanks for posting them, we're doing a VR in 2011, and I'm starting to collect ideas!!! Hope you had a magical time at your wedding, and glad you love your pictures! They are amazing!

katie-your pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I am a little late getting around to responding as I avoided this thread for a bit because of my co-workers comments but I am passed that now :)

We didn't do it and I don't regret it for a minute. I was so exhausted after the wedding - I'm so glad I didn't have to get up early! In my mind what killed it was the expense and the fact of having to get back into the dress and go through the hair and makeup routine again!

It's a personal decision, and I've seen some beautiful ones, but I've also seen some horrible ones.

This happened to us too! Our photographers at the DP scolded us for using the Roots and the DP pictures are horrible!! I mean the scolding was so bad one of my guests came up afterwards and asked if the photographer was just kidding.

What is going on with this man!? What right does he have to treat people like that, especially when it's their wedding!!! I hope you made a complaint to Disney.

Would you mind posting some of your pictures so I can see the quality of them. Also, how much did you have to pay to have a Disney photographer at your DP?

I am swaying towards just staying around the reception venue so that we don't have to use Disney at our DP, although we are looking to have the MK shoot :idea:

My DF and I agreed that we definitely, no questions asked, want the MK photo shoot. We are trying to get a non-Disney photographer for our wedding to cut down cost, but reading some of these horror stories about getting scolded is making me think twice about not using DPS.

However, whichever way we decide to go, we will still do the MK shoot because Disney is our favorite place, and our wedding is Disney themed, and I know we would completely regret it if we didn't do it. Plus, they give you up to a year after your wedding to do it, which I think is great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter