Why did and didn't you do the MK photo shoot?

You gotta be kidding me!!!

First of all...the first dress is AMAZING!!!! You look gorgeous in it! I prefer it way more than dress #2.

Secondly, I am also overweight currently and although I wanted to lose weight for my wedding, I didn't even end up trying! :rotfl: I was too busy and too stressed out.

That being said...I think (if I do say so myself :lmao:) that I look pretty darn good in my pics and sure, I'd like it if my arms were thinner and my stomach was flatter and my butt was smaller, but who cares really? I couldn't have been happier that day.

And now, that I'm all over the wedding stress I actually am working out and hoping to lose between 25-40 pounds this year and I will reward myself with a photo shoot on our Jan. '11 trip! :banana:

You look beautiful and are NOT big at all! Do not listen to the peeps you work with. They are fools.

What the heck ? I would have LOVED to be as thin as you look in your photos. And I agree, you look radiant in the one you chose. As for my pictures, I was one that wanted to lose A LOT of weight, because I NEED to, but we had so many things going on, I did not make it a priority and I am way heavier than I wanted to be in my wedding pictures. That didn't stop me from loving a lot of the pictures and hanging them around my house. I am what I am, even if that is overweight. I love my husband and I am thrilled with the photos we have from our wedding. If I ever get around to losing the weight, maybe we can do a VR.

On another note, we did our MK shoot the morning of our wedding (10am ceremony), so we only had to do hair, makeup and outfits once. When we did our MK shoot, they did a lot less photos and no special effects. Since then, they do a lot more photos and add neat effects and more locations. For us, the photo in front of the castle was a must for a DFTW. We did a casual honeymoon shoot at AK and got some great shots there too. I won't own my CD until August (three year value price). That was another change in DPS over time.

Bottom line with anything you decide for your wedding...will you look back and regret not doing it ? I know we would have. I still wish we would have splurged with Cindy's coach, it was just a bit too much to justify, but I do regret not having it now. So, I would consider what you feel is most important for you and your DF. Everyone has different priorities and "must haves." You need to figure out what yours are.

Good luck with your decision.

I have to agree, don't listen to your coworkers. Some people have their own weight issues and project it onto other people. I know it's hard not to be upset by something like that but try to put it out of your mind.

You look gorgeous in both the dresses but my favorite is the first one. I think the fact that it is more form fitting makes it more flattering on you. If you really don't like it anymore then definitely feel free to look for another dress but please don't let it be because of a few stupid comments from mean-spirited people.

Now, about the pictures... I know where you're coming from. In the past few years I had put on about 40 lbs, I'm only 5'2 so that is definitely alot for me. I have since lost about 25 lbs but I still have a ways to go. When we had our engagement pictures done there were a few that I didn't like because I felt I had "arm pudge", but there were so many that I absolutely loved that it would have been a shame to miss out on that because I was a little insecure. So I guess what I'm trying to say is if you really want to do the pictures and that is the only thing holding you back, definitely do them, or you will regret it later on.

I agree withe very one else!! OMG who would say that after seeing your pictures! You look absolutely beautiful. I love you dress!!! It's very flattering and I would never say you looked large!!

Loving the first dress! :lovestruc You do not look big at all in either photo! But the first hugs you in all the right places to give you a nice, hourglass shape. What man doesn't love that look? ;)

Again, ignore the coworkers. They must be seriously jealous or something... Really, are they upset they aren't invited to the wedding or something? Sheesh! As long as you feel amazing in it, that is all that matters! :goodvibes

And concerning the photo shoot, sit down and really decide what the two of you really want for this wedding. Some people want amazing decor, others delicious food, and some mounds of photos. But don't let your coworkers negative comments be the deciding factor in whether or not you get the photos... do it for the magical, Disney experience! :wizard: The pictures will be beautiful, I am sure! :goodvibes

Wow - where do you work, at some kind of modeling agency with girls who don't eat? LOL - sorry that sounds mean but I am almost exactly your size and that was just a mean thing for them to say! You are NOT fat, in fact you are likely below average size wise....and that dress looks INCREDIBLE! I think the first one looks much nicer than the second...I almost regret the one that I bought looking at yours as we are very close to the same shape, and I love how it flatters your curves (which are ALL in the right place BTW!)...

I DO understand how much comments like that can hurt - I have been bigger and smaller than I am now and have always suffered from huge insecurities about my figure...if someone made those comments about me I'd feel the way you do I'm sure...it's hard to ignore people's comments, and really they likely didn't mean to be rude or mean, but also didn't think about how you would take them to heart. It's only in the past year that I have learned to love how I look - and I'm 32 now, so it's been a long haul...

I also don't understand trying to lose a bunch of weight for my wedding, cause then I'd get all kinds of photos done, go back home to real life, inevitably put the few pounds back on (I, like you, love food way to much) and look at the pictures and think "Jeez I wish I still looked like that"...I'd rather get beautiful photos done of me at my "normal size" and love them for years to come....most of us have back flab, arm pudge, and love handles....don't let that be the focus - get photos that you will love and hang them prominently and proudly!

OMG You look beautiful!!!

I agree with all the ladies, that first dress looks AMAZING on you!!!
Way to go!
It is just stunning!

Don't know what crazy pills those co-workers of you were taking, but seriously, you look perfect.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Heck, I have hips so I might as well make the most of them :) Plus buying another wedding dress will really hurt the budget and the MK photo shoot would not even be an option.

Your girls are the best!

I think you look great in dress #1! I definitely wouldn't let the comments of others keep me from choosing the dress of my dreams.
Since you asked about the MK photo shoot, the price has gone up to $1200. I really wanted to do it but I am rethinking that plan since the cost has gone up, the castle and Fantasyland will be undergoing extensive refurb starting in Jan 2010, and I have seen some pretty bad photos that recent brides have gotten. $1200 is a lot of money to take a chance with and I can have Mickey and Minnie at my wedding for that same price. Good luck deciding!

I think dress one is beautiful and lovely on you. I thnk your pose is a little awkward and your dress was a sample so it isn't fitted. I'm sure when it is it will look even more wonderful and you can rub it in your coworkers faces. :P

I agree with everyone! Dress 1 is AMAZING on you! I love that style of dress, mine is very similar with the pleating. It looks fab on you!

I had to quote all these other lovely brides on this one... YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise... and you know what, Mae West was a genuine certified hottie! Rock it girl, you look stunning and anyone who is trying to bring you down is obviously jealous that they don't resemble Ms West! Great pick on the dress! Hugs!:goodvibes

You can't be serious. :confused:

I would find a new lunch table at work and stop talking to those people about your wedding. What jerks. You do not look even remotely "big" in either picture! I think the dress you picked fits you well. As is the case 99.9% of the time; they are jealous and projecting.

WTH are they talking about! I am seruious, you look beautiful in both dresses, but I really, really love the first one on you. It looks absolutley stunning! Don't listen to them. Like PrincessShea said, they are probably just jealous! You look beautiful. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise

You gotta be kidding me!!!

First of all...the first dress is AMAZING!!!! You look gorgeous in it! I prefer it way more than dress #2.

Secondly, I am also overweight currently and although I wanted to lose weight for my wedding, I didn't even end up trying! :rotfl: I was too busy and too stressed out.

That being said...I think (if I do say so myself :lmao:) that I look pretty darn good in my pics and sure, I'd like it if my arms were thinner and my stomach was flatter and my butt was smaller, but who cares really? I couldn't have been happier that day.

And now, that I'm all over the wedding stress I actually am working out and hoping to lose between 25-40 pounds this year and I will reward myself with a photo shoot on our Jan. '11 trip! :banana:

You look beautiful and are NOT big at all! Do not listen to the peeps you work with. They are fools.

What the heck ? I would have LOVED to be as thin as you look in your photos. And I agree, you look radiant in the one you chose. As for my pictures, I was one that wanted to lose A LOT of weight, because I NEED to, but we had so many things going on, I did not make it a priority and I am way heavier than I wanted to be in my wedding pictures. That didn't stop me from loving a lot of the pictures and hanging them around my house. I am what I am, even if that is overweight. I love my husband and I am thrilled with the photos we have from our wedding. If I ever get around to losing the weight, maybe we can do a VR.

On another note, we did our MK shoot the morning of our wedding (10am ceremony), so we only had to do hair, makeup and outfits once. When we did our MK shoot, they did a lot less photos and no special effects. Since then, they do a lot more photos and add neat effects and more locations. For us, the photo in front of the castle was a must for a DFTW. We did a casual honeymoon shoot at AK and got some great shots there too. I won't own my CD until August (three year value price). That was another change in DPS over time.

Bottom line with anything you decide for your wedding...will you look back and regret not doing it ? I know we would have. I still wish we would have splurged with Cindy's coach, it was just a bit too much to justify, but I do regret not having it now. So, I would consider what you feel is most important for you and your DF. Everyone has different priorities and "must haves." You need to figure out what yours are.

I have to agree, don't listen to your coworkers. Some people have their own weight issues and project it onto other people. I know it's hard not to be upset by something like that but try to put it out of your mind.

You look gorgeous in both the dresses but my favorite is the first one. I think the fact that it is more form fitting makes it more flattering on you. If you really don't like it anymore then definitely feel free to look for another dress but please don't let it be because of a few stupid comments from mean-spirited people.

Now, about the pictures... I know where you're coming from. In the past few years I had put on about 40 lbs, I'm only 5'2 so that is definitely alot for me. I have since lost about 25 lbs but I still have a ways to go. When we had our engagement pictures done there were a few that I didn't like because I felt I had "arm pudge", but there were so many that I absolutely loved that it would have been a shame to miss out on that because I was a little insecure. So I guess what I'm trying to say is if you really want to do the pictures and that is the only thing holding you back, definitely do them, or you will regret it later on.

I agree withe very one else!! OMG who would say that after seeing your pictures! You look absolutely beautiful. I love you dress!!! It's very flattering and I would never say you looked large!!

Loving the first dress! :lovestruc You do not look big at all in either photo! But the first hugs you in all the right places to give you a nice, hourglass shape. What man doesn't love that look? ;)

Again, ignore the coworkers. They must be seriously jealous or something... Really, are they upset they aren't invited to the wedding or something? Sheesh! As long as you feel amazing in it, that is all that matters! :goodvibes

And concerning the photo shoot, sit down and really decide what the two of you really want for this wedding. Some people want amazing decor, others delicious food, and some mounds of photos. But don't let your coworkers negative comments be the deciding factor in whether or not you get the photos... do it for the magical, Disney experience! :wizard: The pictures will be beautiful, I am sure! :goodvibes

Wow - where do you work, at some kind of modeling agency with girls who don't eat? LOL - sorry that sounds mean but I am almost exactly your size and that was just a mean thing for them to say! You are NOT fat, in fact you are likely below average size wise....and that dress looks INCREDIBLE! I think the first one looks much nicer than the second...I almost regret the one that I bought looking at yours as we are very close to the same shape, and I love how it flatters your curves (which are ALL in the right place BTW!)...

I DO understand how much comments like that can hurt - I have been bigger and smaller than I am now and have always suffered from huge insecurities about my figure...if someone made those comments about me I'd feel the way you do I'm sure...it's hard to ignore people's comments, and really they likely didn't mean to be rude or mean, but also didn't think about how you would take them to heart. It's only in the past year that I have learned to love how I look - and I'm 32 now, so it's been a long haul...

I also don't understand trying to lose a bunch of weight for my wedding, cause then I'd get all kinds of photos done, go back home to real life, inevitably put the few pounds back on (I, like you, love food way to much) and look at the pictures and think "Jeez I wish I still looked like that"...I'd rather get beautiful photos done of me at my "normal size" and love them for years to come....most of us have back flab, arm pudge, and love handles....don't let that be the focus - get photos that you will love and hang them prominently and proudly!

OMG You look beautiful!!!

I agree with all the ladies, that first dress looks AMAZING on you!!!
Way to go!
It is just stunning!

Don't know what crazy pills those co-workers of you were taking, but seriously, you look perfect.

I think you look great in dress #1! I definitely wouldn't let the comments of others keep me from choosing the dress of my dreams.
Since you asked about the MK photo shoot, the price has gone up to $1200. I really wanted to do it but I am rethinking that plan since the cost has gone up, the castle and Fantasyland will be undergoing extensive refurb starting in Jan 2010, and I have seen some pretty bad photos that recent brides have gotten. $1200 is a lot of money to take a chance with and I can have Mickey and Minnie at my wedding for that same price. Good luck deciding!

I think dress one is beautiful and lovely on you. I thnk your pose is a little awkward and your dress was a sample so it isn't fitted. I'm sure when it is it will look even more wonderful and you can rub it in your coworkers faces. :P

I agree with everyone! Dress 1 is AMAZING on you! I love that style of dress, mine is very similar with the pleating. It looks fab on you!

I love you in the first dress! I wish I could have carried something like that off, but I can't.

The people you work with are insane; don't listen to them. You look great!! Randy Chapman rocks and if you just did photo shoots with him all day you would get AMAZING photos. You will love having him around. I would totally do a trash the dress if I were you!

We also did only Epcot, because 1) I didn't have the extra $1000 to MK, and 2) you can only have so many pictures of a tiny little couple in front of a big pink castle, then a big purple castle, then a big blue castle, then a big red castle, before it gets really old!!

I'm so happy with our Epcot pictures!! Unlike Carrie, our pictures from Mike came out AMAZING!! And i am also Gigantor next to my DH but our pictures are amazing and I am so happy with them! I am absolutely 150% happy we did the photo shoot! Plus....it was at 730am, instead of 5am!!

our were just posted today!

http://www.collages.net/disneyweddings

Username: Butler Bridal Portrait
Password: 1971

I love your photos! I think my favorite is the wall in Italy where you're looking away from the camera - very "Vogue"! :thumbsup2 Beautiful!

Amyy, the first dress is sooo beautiful and you look STUNNING in it! Puh-leeeeease don't buy the second one! Whoever told you anything different is obviously, not only on crack, blind and/or insane, but also just mean-spirited. Not cool, dude! You ROCK that dress! Pay no attention to the crazies . . .

Amyy, the first dress is sooo beautiful and you look STUNNING in it! Puh-leeeeease don't buy the second one! Whoever told you anything different is obviously, not only on crack, blind and/or insane, but also just mean-spirited. Not cool, dude! You ROCK that dress! Pay no attention to the crazies . . .

I agree. The first dress is absolutely amazing on you. The second one is pretty, but it doesn't stand a chance. Go with the first one. :thumbsup2

I have to agree with the other ladies, you look amazing in the first dress. I really do like it.

As for the photo shoot, for me it was why I wanted a Disney wedding. The photo in front of the castle is priceless in my mind. We did our photo shoot two days after the wedding. I did the whole make up and hair thing again. I was thinking there aren't a lot of close up shots, there is a few. But I wonder if you could do your own hair and make up for the MK shoot? Has anyone done this? If I had done my own hair, it wouldn't have looked the same as the wedding day(wedding day it was up, and Im not sure I could have done that).

Our MK shoot was more fun then the wedding day, mostly because we were relaxed. It was just us, the photographer and we had a CM who wanted to come along. They were funny and great together. We laughed the whole time. My husband who was like, I have to get up how early for this thing? lol Walked away saying he had the best time and it was so worth it.

We also bought the DVD. I too used Randy(love him). I just wanted to have the dvd so I had all the photos and didn't have to pay disney high prices for printing.

After the wedding, I have used the castle shot a lot in different things. One a christmas card, two in frames around the house and in scrap books. Also I have them on my phone. Just love the conversational part of MK photos.

You wont regret doing if, if you do the photo shoot.

Everyone has been so kind to offer their opinion I decided I might as well get down to what might be the real issue. I have already bought the dress where I have my hands on my hips. The other dress is another one I really liked. Some of my wonderful co-workers have commented I look "large", "big beautiful", and "Mae West". I can't get there comments out of my mind and I hope they haven't ruined the dress for me. I know I am not a small girl and I keep trying to lose weight but I like to eat too much. Maybe I can drop 10 lbs but I think that is the most. I guess I don't want to spend all this money on pictures and then just look at them and think I look fat. I am going to go out and look at other wedding dresses. Please be kind but do you think the dress I bought is too form fitting for my figure? I liked the second one because it wasn't form fitting. My friend and the lady at the bridal shop both liked the first one best. I love how silky it is, neckline etc. If only everyone who saw the pictures would have just said I looked beautiful considering I had already bought the dress.

4wow4.jpg

princess.jpg

Please stick with dress 1 as it looks absolutely gorgeous on you!:love: Dress 1 blows dress 2 out of the water!!!:worship:

Stick with the one you have as you look beautiful and not in any way, big!!!:confused::confused:

I have to agree with everyone else, amyy. Dress #2 is pretty, but Dress #1 looks amazing. :thumbsup2... it fits you perfectly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter