which to do first???verandah now or later..or both

lindakmonty

He's like "OH NO YOU DIDN'T"
I would like to cruise again in Feb. for my son's 5th birthday. This will be our 5th Disney cruise so you would think I would have this down by now.... oh well :) Anyway. I would like to get a verandah sometime. Should I splurge now and get the verandah, or wait and get a "cheaper" stateroom now and book the next cruise while onboard and take advantage of the 10% off and $200 onboard credit?? I have been going through a horrible divorce for the past 2 years which should be final by then LETS HOPE and would be nice to "CELEBRATE" as well??? HMMM decisions decisions!!! I can't seem to find a better price than Dreams unlimited and All seasons... :)??

1. I hope the "horrible" aspects can somehow fade and all parties involved focus on the child's best interest. I hope you have had good counsel who is there for you.

2. While it is tempting to say celebrate!!--your child is going to be 5, so verandahs might be a cause of having to exercise extra caution for safety, and getting a great rate from on-board booking for the verandah can make a big difference. Oceanview from the big window is really great.

3. You mention the idea of going again on a 6th, which makes me think you reasonably anticipate having the means in your post-final decree life to still take such trips. If I have misread anything and the ability to go on a 6th is more uncertain than that--see the temptation in #2 above and Celebrate on #5, put the rest of your divorce behind you, etc. I recommend DCL to clients, actually, as a great example of "quality time" and peacefulness, escape from strife and conflict.

All the best--you are a fellow 4 time cruiser,so you already know the healing , rejuvenative powers of DCL. Enjoy.

Thanks for the advice.. I am very protective of my child and would do anything to keep him safe from that aspect. maybe navigators verandah a good comprimise?

"horrible" unfortunately my ex is very childish and immature but that is a whole other thread... or forum :) he hasn't even laid eyes on his other child in 8 years!!

financially will be ok... for a 5th, 6th, 7th...I love the DCL and can handle it financially on my own thankfully!!

Once you have a verandah, it's hard to go back. We've cruised in categories 9, 7 & 4. While the 9 is outside & does have a view (and steerage would be better than not going!), having the verandah is a wonderful perk. Sitting outside at night while the ocean slips by, watching as the ship docks or just people watching from a different perspective than the higher open dechs while in port is a real treat for both parent & the children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter