• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When will Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Open?

With Manta's opening apparently pushed back, I can see why they don't feel the urgency for a spring opening. That said, things do seem to be progressing!

With Manta's opening apparently pushed back, I can see why they don't feel the urgency for a spring opening. That said, things do seem to be progressing!
Where did you hear the opening has been delayed?

Orlando Sentinel article about Rockit's delay:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...sal-hollywood-rip-ride-rockit,0,4407333.story

But there is NOTHING, not even on the fox 35 website, saying that Manta got delayed.

So, Manta = Opening May 22. Rockit = Opening Summer 2009.

Thanks for posting the article! After reading the description, I am now concerned I may get sick. I can handle any coaster except DD in which 50% of the time I feel like I am going to faint when I get off of it. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be open by early July!!!

Their website says summer 2009. It used to say spring 2009. That's all I was going by. Sorry about that.
That's cool...I was just asking since I hadn't seen anything in the news about the delay.

Maybe SW considers 5/22 the "summer" because its so hot in Orlando that time of year - at least for us northerners.

Maybe SW considers 5/22 the "summer" because its so hot in Orlando that time of year - at least for us northerners.
According to the Sea World Passporter...Manta's AP "Preview" is 5/26 through 6/30 from 8-9am which is an hour before the park opens.

Yeah...it's a shame the construction on the HR3 is taking so long but this is a VERY complicated attraction. I'm sure it will be well worth the wait. :teeth:

I hear ya...
Just bummed we will miss out on it this trip, but hopefuly we will be back in 2 or 3 years and can see it them-we just don't get to visit as often as we would like.

Those ride elements are making me drool and pant in anticipation. I just don't want to blow it up too much in my mind and set myself up for disappointment, but I really do believe it will live up to my expectations (unless they brake it to death). Normally I'm a B&M coaster kind of gal, but I'm eager to see what German engineering is going to turn out here.

Theme Park Insider posted pictures of track coming out of the station and curving upwards onto the lift. There is also a picture of the top portion of the ride being transported on the back of a trailer - presumably being moved from the straging area to the construction site.

Exciting!

Theme Park Insider posted pictures of track coming out of the station and curving upwards onto the lift. There is also a picture of the top portion of the ride being transported on the back of a trailer - presumably being moved from the straging area to the construction site.

Exciting!

Hip Hip Hooray!!! Hopefully this means they are only a few weeks behind schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter