When will Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Open?

OK.....realistic or not, I'm still hoping for (very) early June....we're there until 06/11 and I need to ride this beast!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping for 6/24, my last day at Universal. It's only 10 days away from the "opening date" so I think I have a shot at soft openings on my trip! :woohoo:

Hopefully soft openings will be during your trip jopaly. You still have a chance...

Uh oh, I just got back from Media Day at SeaWorld, and Rip Ride Rockit is going to have to be something pretty darned special to beat Manta. Hopefully it will be; it really has the potential. But dang, flying coasters are so cool! I will post a link to my report and photos later. I'm still working on it and my computer isn't cooperating.

After riding Manta, DH did finally convince me to buy a SeaWorld platinum passport. That way, even if we have to wait forever in line, we'll get to rides in a row.

Do they honor the Platinums pretty easily? When we first got our Premiers at Uni, we had to carry around a brochure because they didn't want to let us to FOTL. Eventually they got used to 'em. Also, I'm a bit worried because I asked specifically when we bought 'em if they're good on Manta and they said yes. But someone on the SW board said they won't be till June or July. If they told me wrong, they're gonna give me a refund & I'll rebuy when that changes. We'll probably try this weekend.

We used them at Busch Gardens and Sea World in March and didn't have any real trouble. Some of the workers wanted to look at it really close, but it was more like it was their curiosity as never having seen one. Sort of like spotting a Yeti. Yeah, they exist, but I haven't seen one before.

On our first attempt at using the Platinum Passport on SheiKra we got out of our seats and asked the attendant for a re-ride. Don't do this, too much confusion for everyone involved.

They prefer (and you will too) if you just stay in your seat when you get back to the station. They generally don't open the gates to let riders on until everyone has disembarked from the coaster. You'll attract the attention of a ride op and you'll show them your pass and ask for your re-ride then.

We mentioned the "Florida Platinum re-ride" while our restraints were being checked and asked "Should we just stay in our seats and show the pass when we get back?" The answer was always yes. It really is too confusing for everyone if you get out of the seat and try to do it after the fact.

The cool thing is this works for any row you're in, so if you waited for the front/back row of Kraken/Montu/Kumba/SheiKra/Gwazi you stay in the same row. The Quick Queue people can't even do that. The Platinum works for Journey to Atlantis and our experience is that you have the entire boat to yourself on the re-ride.

I don't know if they'll honor the re-ride for Manta. For the price we paid, I sure hope they do. Since they're giving all passport holders a 8-9a access to Manta before the park opens until Jun 30, I can understand that they wouldn't have implemented the re-ride yet.

We'll be there the second week of June and plan to take advantage of the early opening a few days, but won't be dissapointed if we can't re-ride (ok, my son will be disappointed, but such is the life of a 9yo boy).

Let us know what happens.

I just called guest services and they confirmed that re-rides will be offered...woo hoo! So they're opening early for passholders as well till June 30? I didn't realize that. I think I'll be hustling my butt over there Sat. morning.

One poster on IOACentral told us that a construction manager told him that HRRR testing will start around 7 p.m tonight. If anybody can get some pics or a video of Rockit testing would be amazing! :banana:

PLEASE!!! :)

Oh God, I know I'll be there during peak time, but wow. It's a catch 22. I hope the lines for this sucker arnt 4 hours long.... but on the flip side, if they are, then that means the rest of the park will be a little less crowded.

Oh God, I know I'll be there during peak time, but wow. It a catch 22. I hope the lines for this sucker arnt 4 hours long.... but on the flip side, if they are, then that means the rest of the park will be a little less crowded.
Thats a positive way to look at it :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Anyone heard anything else on soft openings. I still have my fingers crossed for my trip June 19th, 20th.

SkipperGarret over at IOA Central posted 2 pictures of HRRR testing. Hopefully someone can get some video or pictures of the train running through the rest of the course (especially the non-inverting loop).

http://www.boards.ioacentral.com/index.php?showtopic=11441&st=3040&p=237104&#entry237104

:cool1:

I love it... Skipper was too interested in watching it to take more than two photos!

Thanks. I knew it was testing but there were a lot of naysayers on another board who was saying that there wasn't testing.

I knew you knew :-)

EDITED TO ADD>....

I found a video on you tube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9qpFNIzoa4

YAY!!!

Bring a snack for the lift hill :rotfl:

Great videos and great pictures!

Has anyone been hearing about soft openings starting around June 20th? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!