• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When will Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Open?

CusiCuzi

Check out my Youtube channel on Youtube!
I ask you DISBoard members, when will Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit open? I'm going to Universal for the last time this year on May 22-24. Will it be at least in the soft openings stage?

I ask you DISBoard members, when will Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit open? I'm going to Universal for the last time this year on May 22-24. Will it be at least in the soft openings stage?
I seriously doubt it will be open anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong but there seems to be a lot of rumours flying around about there being something wrong with the lift hill. We'll have to wait and see.

Although it doesn't look good for Rip Ride Rockit, SeaWorld's new coaster opens on May 22 if you want to swing over there.

Forget HRRR coaster opening anytime soon,construction isn't complete,as others have said there seems to be an issue with the lift hill so I'm not expecting it to be open until late at least mid July.Manta at Sea World is going to be open for your trip,so head there but expect big lines as it appears your trip will be during it's opening.

from what i have read on other boards, not the disboards, i don't see how the new ride could open this late spring.

i'm crossing my fingers that it will be open when i go in the fall......:eek:

It doesn't look like it will open anytime soon. They were working on the coaster when I was there last Thursday, but it was on the very back between Mummy and Twister. Looked like they were doing some kind of welding stuff or something. Honestly, I think it's just a big rumor about the lift hill, I don't feel that a mistake that large would be made. I'd be more scared of them running out of money, like they've mentioned on the news, than the lift hill being in the wrong place.

My take on this is it was built in Germany to the specs of the engineers and architechs that designed it.If they have a problem of the pieces not fitting,it should fall back on them..

This ride was purchased or finaced years ago.Who's fault is it?? The manufacter-the company hired to build it??:confused3
Universal was expecting a spring opening.Now thats out the window.I'm sure there lossing money dailey without it bieng operational..:sad2:

Its gonna be a huge draw for crowds that US needs NOW!!Much less HP next year.

That raises another question.Will they have problems opening HP on time??

I just hope Universal gets the problem resolved before they lose any more money...

We all know what money shape US is in right now,along with the rest of the economy.All I heard the past week was how empty the parks are,this is not a good sign.

But I know US will pull thru with flying colors!!:thumbsup2

My take on this is it was built in Germany to the specs of the engineers and architechs that designed it.If they have a problem of the pieces not fitting,it should fall back on them..

This ride was purchased or finaced years ago.Who's fault is it?? The manufacter-the company hired to build it??:confused3
Universal was expecting a spring opening.Now thats out the window.I'm sure there lossing money dailey without it bieng operational..:sad2:

Its gonna be a huge draw for crowds that US needs NOW!!Much less HP next year.

That raises another question.Will they have problems opening HP on time??

I just hope Universal gets the problem resolved before they lose any more money...

We all know what money shape US is in right now,along with the rest of the economy.All I heard the past week was how empty the parks are,this is not a good sign.

But I know US will pull thru with flying colors!!:thumbsup2
I agree :thumbsup2

Who said anything about the coaster being unsafe? They wouldn't open an attraction that wasn't safe.

Exactly! The ride goes through rigorous testing and signoffs before any living person can ride it. Even then, it still has a lot of testing that has to happen before the first guest rides it.

We are going the last week in August. I really hope it will be open by then!! I really thought that it would have been, but now with the latest news I am worried that it won't be. My kids were really looking forward to going on this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter