When will Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Open?

Its going to be like Mystery mine at Dollywood but LESS freaky becuase it isnt as themed (roick grinders, lightnin, crows etc.) but it will still be cool!

Yes, that is an awesome lift. I am by no means a coaster fan, but I love Mystery Mine.

Ya know what that lift hill reminds me of? Anyone remember the old ride that they used to have at state fairs and such where you went stright up on your back like that in the center, then came out and went back down to the bottom on a spiral track? I don't know if I'm describing it clearly, but it was really cool to be laying on your back as you ratcheted upwards. I imagine RRR will be much quicker/smoother.

Ya know what that lift hill reminds me of? Anyone remember the old ride that they used to have at state fairs and such where you went stright up on your back like that in the center, then came out and went back down to the bottom on a spiral track? I don't know if I'm describing it clearly, but it was really cool to be laying on your back as you ratcheted upwards. I imagine RRR will be much quicker/smoother.
I remember which ride you're talking about Barb...I was always afraid of our local carnivals...some of the rides looked scary for real. :eek:

I remember that ride well,what i remember most was how I was 12 years old and 110 pounds or something like that and it was so incredibly tight and uncomfortable in that seat.I can't imagine many adults fitting in that ride,it was also rough as could be.I'm sure RRR will be a nicer more comfy ride.

I remember which ride you're talking about Barb...I was always afraid of our local carnivals...some of the rides looked scary for real. :eek:

Yeah, I haven't been to a carnival/fair since I was small. I saw a Dateline special on carnival rides & how halfassedly they are put up. :lmao:

Yeah, I haven't been to a carnival/fair since I was small. I saw a Dateline special on carnival rides & how halfassedly they are put up. :lmao:
And those carnies can be downright sadistic too. I remember when I went to one of those local not-even-a-step-up-from-a-carnival type local amusement parks with a friend (we were freshmen in high school) and we asked the carny running the Zipper if it was tame. Amazingly, we'd never seen it before and it looks kinda tame when it's not running. He said, "Oh yes, yes," so we got on and quickly discovered the truth. The place was nearly deserted, so he left that sucker running for what felt like an eternity while we were screaming and yelling at him to stop. Thankfully we were actually pretty durable and were really having a good time, but it would have been a mess if we really were chicken!

Then there was the time DH, me, and two of my nieces were riding a carnival tilt--whirl in Wisconsin. Three of us were immune, but but one of the nieces turned out to be a ride wimp. We were the only ones there, so the carny let it run a looooooooooong time, and of course the three of us yelling "More! More!" drowned up my suffering niece's screams. She was literally green when we got off, and the poor carny actually felt bad but the rest of us were snickering like the cruel souls we are...my family takes Darwinism seriously, even among its own members.

What I am hearing is that they should begin cycle testing within the next two weeks. Lets just hope that this is not delayed as well.

Then there was the time DH, me, and two of my nieces were riding a carnival tilt--whirl in Wisconsin. Three of us were immune, but but one of the nieces turned out to be a ride wimp. We were the only ones there, so the carny let it run a looooooooooong time, and of course the three of us yelling "More! More!" drowned up my suffering niece's screams. She was literally green when we got off, and the poor carny actually felt bad but the rest of us were snickering like the cruel souls we are...my family takes Darwinism seriously, even among its own members.
You are an evil woman...that sounds like something I would do too! :rotfl2:

I watched a video at youtube.com
and it had a video that had workers putting up the last piece of the track of Rip Ride Rockit!:cool1:

All they have to do is put up the cart and to the safety test... AND IT'S DONE!:banana:

-daddy's girl

to incognito:

RUEBEN...... RUEBEN :yay:

not to get back to the subject....

one of the rides at the six flags in gurnee, il has that climb up where you are vertical for part of the ride.

oh, i loves it.........:love:

i know hr3 will have that same sensation....

So how is the actual lift hill going to work? Is it just going to be a slow straight up climb? Or is it going to blast you up the hill? Are you being pull be a chain, or magnets, or what?

So how is the actual lift hill going to work? Is it just going to be a slow straight up climb? Or is it going to blast you up the hill? Are you being pull be a chain, or magnets, or what?

No blasting straight up.The rate of ascent is 11' persecond,so its going to be a quik climb to the top-around 15 seconds..
I'm sure it will be a chain system with breaks for back-up!!
So I read anyway!!:thumbsup2

We changed our trip to June 22-24. I'm hoping for soft openings.....do you guys think I have a shot at riding it?

We changed our trip to June 22-24. I'm hoping for soft openings.....do you guys think I have a shot at riding it?
Your hoping for the samething I am cause I will be there from June 21 - 28 :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter