When do you think you'll be back?

I would think about booking once I got the Vax and has time to work. Booking anytime before is nothing more than a crap shoot since no one is certain what will happen in the future. Planning and recalling good memories of past trips helps get me by :)

I get it friend. I sooooo get it. I am hopeful that there would be something in place later 2021 or early 2022 to allow travel to the States for those who have vaccinated at the very least. Hopefully this new administration will be able to work with us. Planning travel was/is such a way to bring some joy into stressful days. I miss it.
I am grateful for all that I have, including my health . But wow do I miss some simple things like hugging my parents or being able to book a trip.

Yes! I find myself dreaming about traveling and planning our hopeful future trips. We normally always planned our summer vacation over the winter - gave us something to look forward to.

We're another one who will wait for the shows, fireworks and most importantly - character M&GS to return. We're hoping for June 2022, but I guess we'll see.

I'm also hoping to do a small trip to New Hampshire next winter, Dec '21. Santa's Village is normally open during the Christmas season, so would love to do a "winter wonderland" trip. NH is our home away from home and we miss it dearly.

It's a DVC booking so not really refundable but we will make a decision on whether to cancel or not early enough to bank and/or transfer the points. The only other thing is the air fare and we'll wait for more certainty before even making those bookings. It's pretty much the same thin we went through with our previously booked 1-16 Dec 2020 trip. We decided that was going to be a "no go" around end-Aug and were able to bank the 2020 points. I had 14 2019 points that I was just going to let burn but someone in our Facebook group asked if they could rent a night from us. I booked a Studio for them at AKL for 12 points and then told them it was free, enjoy!
I'm waiting until the fireworks and shows are back before I book. I'm hoping for early 2022 but I will hold out for the full experience before I part with my $$$ again.
We are DVC as well and waiting. But we dont need to wait till everything is back up and running. We have enjoyed the resorts more and more each time we go down.
Tempted to even take the next trip and try and enjoy Hawaii.

We are DVC as well and waiting. But we dont need to wait till everything is back up and running. We have enjoyed the resorts more and more each time we go down.
Tempted to even take the next trip and try and enjoy Hawaii.

DD and I would LOVE to go to Hawaii! And honestly, we can do Hawaii cheaper than Disney...

We have end of October/first week of November booked with our DVC points... I am fully expecting to have to cancel this by the end of April so that we can bank the points and will have to rebook last minute... but who knows.. so much up in the air as of now

DD and I would LOVE to go to Hawaii! And honestly, we can do Hawaii cheaper than Disney...

I have to say, Disney is not a cheap trip!! I can do a two week cruise (on other cruise lines) for less than a week at Disney... but of course Disney magic does mean I'll go back there.

We'd also love to go to Hawaii but I have no idea on planning such a trip. Maybe in a few more years, might be a good choice for my 50th?

@LauraLap I wasn't going to say anything but after thinking about it I decided I must. I understand your kids are having a hard time and you want to make life easier for them. The draw of the warmth and sunshine draws each and everyone of us here on these boards.

I believe that living through this challenging time will help each and everyone of us to grow in ways we had never imagined we could. Dealing with the isolation and chaos in our daily lives, head on, will provide many opportunities to develop coping stratagies that will serve all of us to lead better lives in the future.

Running away, to holiday land will not. Find ways to help your children learn to manage the individual challenges they are facing. Life as a mom isn't easy, helping your children work through the challenges will make you both stronger. This time in our lives will then be something we can wear like a badge of honour. It won't be easy but it is necessary.

Finally, keep in mind that the Federal Government is changing rules about travel all the time. You may find yourself having to stay in an isolation facility (at your cost) when you return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter