• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do you think you'll be back?

I'm really not sure why you chose to make this slightly political? Ontario is currently PC and while i don't agree with everything that has been said and done by the government (don't appreciate how so many environmental protections have been removed) i feel they have protected us as an entire population from COVID-19.
I welcome these tighter requirements, we need to do our best to stop the spread and if that means screening people who have left Canada and/ or are coming for even essential trips then so be it. Besides we've been told since March to not travel, period. Heck, we're not even supposed to leave our houses in ontario except for essential trips (mind you a lot falls under that blanket statement!) And we've been asked not to leave our own regions.

Even when travel is "allowed" again, without using loopholes, I'll have no problem with both showing I've been vaccinated and having a negative test I'll gladly do it. Won't care who's in power, I just feel it's part of being concerned for all Canadians.

I'll step off my soap box now, sorry if I've upset anyone.

That's why they said they werent making it political... its word for word from the news article :) I saw the same one, haha.

I'm not expecting to be able to freely leave Canada til 2022 with either being vaccinated or having to quarantine. They figure it will take til fall to get the majority vaccinated and then a few months after that restrictions will start to drop.

Funny how almost claustrophobic that can make you feel. We've been so spoiled with our privilege to just hop over any time we want. Honestly, it really feels like home over there to a degree and we miss it. We have friends over there, we ski and golf there, had a post office box there that we were to all the time, our orthodontist is there... It's had quite an impact on our life honestly.

After originally booked for last April and after postponing numerous times, we may have no choice but to travel in February. From Toronto.

We're booked at Polynesian for 2 weeks. DVC rental. At this point either we go and be extra cautious or lose everything. We haven't even been able to get a hold of the person we rented the points from, to see if we have any options left. We've tried.

If we have to go, we'll just be extra careful always wearing our makes, distancing as much as possible and keep sanitizing spray and wipes with us. Personally, I feel safe and feel Disney is doing a good job.

After originally booked for last April and after postponing numerous times, we may have no choice but to travel in February. From Toronto.

We're booked at Polynesian for 2 weeks. DVC rental. At this point either we go and be extra cautious or lose everything. We haven't even been able to get a hold of the person we rented the points from, to see if we have any options left. We've tried.

If we have to go, we'll just be extra careful always wearing our makes, distancing as much as possible and keep sanitizing spray and wipes with us. Personally, I feel safe and feel Disney is doing a good job.
They were doing a good job. Not so much anymore.

"Walt Disney World Social Distancing Measures Winding Down - Page 1" https://www.****************.com/ne...world-social-distancing-measures-winding-down

Now they are filling every row on many attractions. They have been slowly lowering social distancing measures. I personally don't think they are any better then any of the other amusement parks that opened.

You will now have to get a negative PCR test within 3 days of your flights home. That means timing when you go for your tests and when you get your results with your flight home. I would start researching where you would go and get tested while there.

Keep trying. I've never rented DVC points as I'm more of an Airbnb guy, but I hope you can reach them.

if not, stay vigilant.

To be fair I edited my post after that response. And after re-reading I can see why it looked like I was getting political, if you didn’t know it was headline.
I went back and cleaned up my response as well :D Sorry i jumped on you, my grip on my tiny sliver of a rope is getting hard to maintain

You will now have to get a negative PCR test within 3 days of your flights home. That means timing when you go for your tests and when you get your results with your flight home. I would start researching where you would go and get tested while there.
Apparently the test is just for those traveling to Canada. Not those who live here since they cannot deny residents returning home. Just the mandatory quarantine. Granted so much can change between now and then, so we'll see. So crazy all of this. Maybe they won't even allow flights? We aren't booking flights until we have to.

I notice ride capacity has increased but at least they hace the plexiglass. And it seems they won't seat you with someone not in your party in the same row. We are 3 adults traveling.

I feel a little better that Polynesian isn't open to the public right now if we do go. First time traveling to WDW and don't know what or how to feel.

Last edited:
I kind of find it funny that they announce this but don’t announce a date it will start, just said within a few days. I wonder how long this will be in place, I know Ford has said he wants the rapid testing that is happening in Alberta to come here ASAP so if this happens I think it will be easier then doing it 3 days before coming home. We go in April so I will do whatever is required of me but crossing fingers that the rapid testing is here by then.

I welcome these tighter requirements, we need to do our best to stop the spread and if that means screening people who have left Canada and/ or are coming for even essential trips then so be it. Besides we've been told since March to not travel, period. Heck, we're not even supposed to leave our houses in ontario except for essential trips (mind you a lot falls under that blanket statement!) And we've been asked not to leave our own regions.

Even when travel is "allowed" again, without using loopholes, I'll have no problem with both showing I've been vaccinated and having a negative test I'll gladly do it.
I totally agree with you. I am a first line worker , and like all my collegues I fear the breakdown of our health system. Right now a lot of US hospitals are sending letters explaning the triage they will do for the acces to a ventilator or even a bed in the hospital. If someone else have a better chance of surviving than you they will be treated and you will receive palliative care. This is coming to Canada. So stay home.

I have no idea how they're going to implement a covid testing for Canadians flying home. I'm happy to get tested but unless they hace a rapid test at the airport, where exactly are Disney guests supposed to wonder off to to get a test 3 days before flying home?

I guess we'll see what they say if/when it gets implemented. Reading lots of controversy over this right now.

I have no idea how they're going to implement a covid testing for Canadians flying home. I'm happy to get tested but unless they hace a rapid test at the airport, where exactly are Disney guests supposed to wonder off to to get a test 3 days before flying home?

I guess we'll see what they say if/when it gets implemented. Reading lots of controversy over this right now.

Just heard that it’s been announced it will be in effect starting Jan 7th. And it’s not the rapid test you need but the PCR test. And it’s up to you to figure out where to get tested. Remember you aren’t really supposed to be travelling anyways.

If you don’t get a negative test before flying home you will have to stay in a quarantine facility until you get a negative test, and again that’s not the rapid test.

until this message no longer shows on the official travel advisory page for Canada we're not going anywhere! I don't care if there's a loophole we can use that allows us to fly across a border that's technically closed. I don't feel badly for anyone who decides to ignore this message and then needs to figure out how to get home now that it includes a negative test. I don't feel badly for those who have left Canada and then expect help getting home, it was announced that we're no longer operating repatriation flights. We need to keep up the fight to protect all Canadians and right now that means we need to stay home.

of course I'm only talking about those who are choosing to travel for leisure not those who need to for work or family obligations. This message first appeared on March 14th just before we were told by Trudeau to "come home now"

Screenshot_20201231-170842_Chrome.jpg

if you look on the main page for travel aadvisories it's now even clearer, don't leave
Screenshot_20201231-173038_Chrome.jpg
continues to say from this direct link if you'd like to read it all
https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories

The governments of those destinations that have opened their borders to tourists could impose strict travel restrictions suddenly, should they experience an increase in cases of COVID-19. International transportation options could be reduced significantly, making it difficult for you to return to Canada. There are no plans to offer additional repatriation flights. Should you decide to travel despite our advisories, know that you might have to remain abroad longer than you expected.

If you choose to travel despite these advisories:

• you may have difficulty obtaining essential products and services
  • you may have limited access to timely and appropriate health care
  • you may suddenly face strict movement restrictions and quarantines at designated facilities and at your own cost
  • your insurance may not cover your travel or medical expenses
  • we may have limited capacity to offer you consular services.

Last edited:
until this message no longer shows on the official travel advisory page for Canada we're not going anywhere! I don't care if there's a loophole we can use that allows us to fly across a border that's technically closed. I don't feel badly for anyone who decides to ignore this message and then needs to figure out how to get home now that it includes a negative test. I don't feel badly for those who have left Canada and then expect help getting home, it was announced that we're no longer operating repatriation flights. We need to keep up the fight to protect all Canadians and right now that means we need to stay home.

of course I'm only talking about those who are choosing to travel for leisure not those who need to for work or family obligations. This message first appeared on March 14th just before we were told by Trudeau to "come home now"

View attachment 547284

Agreed. I have little sympathy for people who may have difficulty getting home from their Disney trip.

And I had to cancel what was going to be an amazing trip complete with a splurge on club level and extra paid fast passes (and had amazing fast passes), all as a pre graduation trip for my daughter. It was planned for over a year. We had to cancel just days before our flight. And I have thousands of $$$ tied up in tickets and flight credits. So I know it sucks.

But we are waiting until we can go with no quarantine etc.

They have said that it is up to the airlines to only allow those on their flights with a neg test. It is up to those flying to get the test. It is no more the responsibility of Canada to assist those flying to find and get a test, as it is to help them get a cab to the airport on time. Flyer beware.

They have said that it is up to the airlines to only allow those on their flights with a neg test. It is up to those flying to get the test. It is no more the responsibility of Canada to assist those flying to find and get a test, as it is to help them get a cab to the airport on time. Flyer beware.

According to the FAQ it is not upto the airlines. If the PCR testing is available in the country you are in, you must have it or the airline is required to deny you boarding.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-...ults-for-air-travellers-coming-to-canada.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter