When do you think you'll be back?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
When do you think (realistically) your next trip will be? Are any worried that you may not get back?

To answer my own question - we're planning on June 2022. However, I am a bit worried about what the cost will be - between the dollar and then the inevitable Disney price increases. I'm afraid it may end up being too much. If that's the case, I am hoping to do a very short Christmas trip maybe November 2021 to use our comp tickets, if things are "back to normal".

I would love December 2021, but it will really depend on cost and other factors. I have a lot of miles and points and gift cards and could conceivably do an offsite trip then if I can save up the rest. My kids will be 24 and 17 next year and both have said they would do a family trip instead of Christmas gifts. Lots to consider. Even the thought of planning lifts my spirits.

I was looking stuff up online last night. My husband noticed and said, "Why torture yourself? We're like 18 months away from being able to go!" And I told him, because it gives me hope.
I torture myself ALL THE TIME! My daughter notices too!
It's always "MOM what are you looking at"? I can't help it. Covid took a special vacation away from me and gosh darnit I want it back!!!

Since I’m 99% sure our April dates won’t work, I am hopeful for maybe August 2021? With all this missed school ideally I would like to go then, but if needed we will push back further to November 2021 or I guess spring 2022.
Our tickets “expire” in September though, I’m hoping for some pixie dust where Disney will extend it again since we can’t really be going down anyway right now (seems like really the only people who are going are those who can tack on an extra 2 weeks for quarantine).
Edited to add: since this will be our first time with the kids (and likely the only time going while they are kids), we also want to wait and go when fireworks/shows/parades are back, and no masks outside. I am not anti mask at all, but if we are only going once with the kids then I would prefer to go without. It would be different if we were Disney every year or two kind of people, then I wouldn’t care about missing those/wearing masks.

Last edited:
Our pre Covid plan.
We usually do AP’s every other year and do 4 week long trips over the 12 month period. (i’ve convinced myself of this is a cheaper option)
We weren’t planning on going back until October of 2022 as we had no interest in dealing with the craziness of the 50th but thought we might be able to catch the tail end of the festivities.
This is still the plan IF things are back to normal by then.

Dealbreakers for us are
No fireworks/nighttime entertainment
No fast passes
No live entertainment
Very shortened park hours.
wearing masks outside

All that being said, we will be staying on property for a week at the end of January but aren't doing the parks. We are looking at it as a Florida trip not a Disney trip.

We're hoping either the first 2 weeks of September or the first 2 weeks of December, 2022. Figure by that time, things will have settled down to some sense of normality - we hope.

Travel for us all depends on how successful widespread vaccinations will be. Taking into account our school and work vacations, the earliest is most likely March 2022 but ideally late 2021.

Since I’m 99% sure our April dates won’t work, I am hopeful for maybe August 2021? With all this missed school ideally I would like to go then, but if needed we will push back further to November 2021 or I guess spring 2022.
Our tickets “expire” in September though, I’m hoping for some pixie dust where Disney will extend it again since we can’t really be going down anyway right now (seems like really the only people who are going are those who can tack on an extra 2 weeks for quarantine).
Edited to add: since this will be our first time with the kids (and likely the only time going while they are kids), we also want to wait and go when fireworks/shows/parades are back, and no masks outside. I am not anti mask at all, but if we are only going once with the kids then I would prefer to go without. It would be different if we were Disney every year or two kind of people, then I wouldn’t care about missing those/wearing masks.
How come some tickets expire in September and it looks like some people are saying Disney extended theirs to December ? I’m confused .

We’ve been planning for February 2022 for years now but concerned about “revenge travel” crowds in 2022. A lot of people will be looking to make up their missed vacations and we also want to make sure Tron is complete. If we don’t do Feb ‘22 maybe Sept ‘22 or Feb ‘23.

We‘ll actually be staying in Windsor Hills this January and I thought if COVID wasn’t bad we would do a day or two in the parks. But the FL numbers are absolutely terrifying. I think at this point we’ll be quarantining at the house and not doing anything but enjoying the Florida sunshine in the backyard.

Five months ago, I cancelled my Dec trip (should be there right now), today I cancelled our Aulani Feb 2021 trip but I have high hopes for Christmas 2021. I have lost 100 DVC points due to the Corona Virus so far and don’t want to lose any more. Here’s hoping one year from now will be good to go. I need to make reservations next Jan so I hope that I don’t have to cancel and rearrange points for the third time

We are banking dvc points for the first time ever :rotfl2: Usually we are in a constant state of borrowing. So we're planning a longer stay for 2022 or might even go to Hilton Head! We've got two cruises booked for 2021, August and November. Really doubting the August one (since it's Europe and I'm just not sure things will be back to tourists) so thinking that will have to be pushed again (sigh) but very hopeful for our Dream grand slam in November.

How come some tickets expire in September and it looks like some people are saying Disney extended theirs to December ? I’m confused .
Ours were Canadian discount tickets. I thought I read that December ones were Airmiles? I could be wrong

edit: I just googled and I think the flexible date tix expire dec 2021, and the date based (which we have) is sept 2021?

I believe that for the Canadian tickets,WDW extended them to September and DL extended them to December. I know the latter for a certainty as that’s what I have, and I think I read about the former in these forums.

So I just read that Ontario hopes to start vaccinating the general population (meaning open to everyone not just priority groups) in April. So it’s looking like a summer trip may be a real possibility 😃. Yes I know it still might not happen. But I’m gonna hang onto to that glimmer of hope.

I think I'll be back in 32 days. Coincides nicely with Fauci's newest outlook: “The middle of January can be a really dark time for us.” :(

Pretty much has been my concern since summer, with the cold weather hitting and Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas & New Year all compounding the matter.

Makes no sense to cancel yet since our resort is $2500 non-refundable, booked at 11 months. We've greatly reduced our activity and exposure this year hoping to help reduce spread and keep it manageable. 🤷‍♀️ We'll try to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter