• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do you think you'll be back?

Yes you can! For $20 you can extend your travel credit for another 2 years.
Wonderful! I think I'll be doing that, at least with some of ours. Of course this had to be the year where we had 2 trips booked, one to Hawaii, so we have way more flight credits than we know what to do with.

I’m debating whether to book with Westjet. I have credit and a companion fare and if I book now for next December there’s no fee to change or cancel . It would give me a travel credit good for two years if I have to cancel . I’m good with that since I’m not tying up much cash . I know I want to go in December if we are allowed and we’re vaccinated . If I wait , the costs of those flights will continue to rise . If we can’t go next December I’m prepared to push it out to summer 2022.
Right now the schedule only goes to December 20th . Does anyone know when they might extend it ? I need a few days after that .

It's now up to Dec 27th (for flights from Toronto at least).

I've got flight credits with Airmiles for flights on Air Canada. Has anyone been in touch with Airmiles recently about whether or not they are extending the 2 years they originally said we had to use the flights (flights cancelled by Air Canada during first shut down). If not I give them a shout next week and report back.

It would be nice to have another year added onto their use period.

It's now up to Dec 27th (for flights from Toronto at least).
Thank you ! Booked for next December . Used a companion fare and lots of credit so I spent less than $400 out of pocket .

With a free cancel or change option I’ll hope for the best and be prepared to push it out if I have to . Still almost 11 months away . A lot can happen between now and then .

This is a little bit of good news that raised my spirits !! I have 2 girls, ages 6 and 8 and was really doubting whether March 2022 would happen for us as there no vaccines for kids yet and I doubt we will be able to travel internationally without one.

I am of course still not sure our trip next spring will happen but I am feeling a lot better about our chances !

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/oxfor...licksource_4380645_3_heads_hero_live_hero_hed

This is a little bit of good news that raised my spirits !! I have 2 girls, ages 6 and 8 and was really doubting whether March 2022 would happen for us as there no vaccines for kids yet and I doubt we will be able to travel internationally without one.

I am of course still not sure our trip next spring will happen but I am feeling a lot better about our chances !

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/oxfor...licksource_4380645_3_heads_hero_live_hero_hed

I just saw that on the news. And it is good news. It’s looking promising that some vaccines will be approved for kids by the fall.

Anyone with high school kids know when exams typically are? We are trying to lock down dates and thinking of the week before Christmas break starts 2022. We really don't want to go during the hot summer months, and also don't want to miss too much school time, as it will be his first year.

Anyone with high school kids know when exams typically are? We are trying to lock down dates and thinking of the week before Christmas break starts 2022. We really don't want to go during the hot summer months, and also don't want to miss too much school time, as it will be his first year.
If the school is semestered, exams will be the third week of January thereabouts. Semester two typically starts Feb 1 or 2. So prior to the break will not be exam time.

My kids know of classmates who switched to 100% virtual school in their second quadmester (November through January) so that they could extend their vacation to spend more time ”back home”. Apparently, from speaking to friends with kids in other school boards, there are many who took advantage of virtual schooling to do this.

5 weeks wow .. not sure I could do 5 weeks .. so many questions ? Where are you from ? Kids ? School ? Where did you stay ? How did you find it ? Thanks just so curious
Were from Ontario, schools were online. Our kids still did their school every day. On warm days we would go swimming on cooler days go to a park for a few hours. We stayed at poly and bwv for a week. BC for a few days then the rest at Saratoga. Our last 3 days we did a treehouse with a friend who had points to burn. We used our points for all but 1 week. Mostly in a 1br. We thought it was great. Much healthier and happier then in total lockdown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter