• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do you think you'll be back?

I love they are implementing this. Canadians shouldn't be traveling right now. By doing this I am sure many will have second thoughts on traveling. IMO its not worth trying to find somewhere to get tested while on vacation.

Now they only loop hole they have to close is what's going on in Ontario. There is a helicopter company that is taking people's cars across the border to Buffalo. Then they are flying the people over to pick up their car so they can drive down to Florida. IMO that needs to be shutdown.

I love they are implementing this. Canadians shouldn't be traveling right now. By doing this I am sure many will have second thoughts on traveling. IMO its not worth trying to find somewhere to get tested while on vacation.

Now they only loop hole they have to close is what's going on in Ontario. There is a helicopter company that is taking people's cars across the border to Buffalo. Then they are flying the people over to pick up their car so they can drive down to Florida. IMO that needs to be shutdown.

To me, it isn't the travelling part. It is the bringing sickness back part. If snowbirds want to stay down south for 5 months and be vaccinated while they are down there, that is fine with me but don't be trying to come back to Ontario if you get sick or if you haven't been vaccinated or if you don't plan to quarantine for 2 weeks. Hopefully things will be in a much better state by the time the snowbirds are coming back home.

Unfortunately Canadian government can't control what the US allows with regards to their borders. So Canada can't "shut it down". I doubt needing a test will deter the snow birds, and to be honest I'm not all that concerned about them since they will probably get a vaccine before they return in April or May and they're staying away us trying to stay safe here! Ha. But it will deter the families going for a two week vacation or people that were thinking of booking a cheap getaway somewhere.
But if you look at the spread, a small percentage is travel related. It's the people gathering with their friends that they know are safe for sure.... that are getting it. I know a few people that have gotten together with family or friends (we're safe, right???) that are waiting on test results because one of their safe people they gathered with are positive.

Unfortunately Canadian government can't control what the US allows with regards to their borders. So Canada can't "shut it down". I doubt needing a test will deter the snow birds, and to be honest I'm not all that concerned about them since they will probably get a vaccine before they return in April or May and they're staying away us trying to stay safe here! Ha. But it will deter the families going for a two week vacation or people that were thinking of booking a cheap getaway somewhere.
But if you look at the spread, a small percentage is travel related. It's the people gathering with their friends that they know are safe for sure.... that are getting it. I know a few people that have gotten together with family or friends (we're safe, right???) that are waiting on test results because one of their safe people they gathered with are positive.
I know it's a small percentage that's travel related but if this test stops people from taking vacations out of country I am all for it. People know they are advised not to travel for vacations.

Only a small percentage are travel related because only a small percentage travel. We don't say that a case is travel related if it is contracted from a person who contracted it from a person that travelled. Once it is a few cases removed, the "travel related" part drops. Then it becomes community spread. With so many spreaders being asymptomatic, we cannot say for sure where a ton of the cases are actually coming from.

Only a small percentage are travel related because only a small percentage travel. We don't say that a case is travel related if it is contracted from a person who contracted it from a person that travelled. Once it is a few cases removed, the "travel related" part drops. Then it becomes community spread. With so many spreaders being asymptomatic, we cannot say for sure where a ton of the cases are actually coming from.
But if the travel related case does their part, it wouldn't spread. A lot of our travel related in our area wasn't out of country, it was to a hot zone in another province. Unfortunately, if the province doesn't make it illegal to leave the province for non essential a "recommendation" to self isolate won't cut it, because people think they are fine. Then go do an activity with many others, or gather for Christmas. Same as people leaving a grey zone in Southern Ontario area to go shopping or get their haircut in another zone. That's the kind of travel that's helping spread things right now.

Don't forget, "travel related" doesn't actually just mean travel, as in travel for fun. It also includes anyone who crosses the border and travels for work, custody, healthcare etc... and none of those people have to isolate (or at least didn't have to in the past, I know some places the rules have changed). In Canada, the majority of "travel related" cases are actually essential workers.

But if the travel related case does their part, it wouldn't spread. A lot of our travel related in our area wasn't out of country, it was to a hot zone in another province. Unfortunately, if the province doesn't make it illegal to leave the province for non essential a "recommendation" to self isolate won't cut it, because people think they are fine. Then go do an activity with many others, or gather for Christmas. Same as people leaving a grey zone in Southern Ontario area to go shopping or get their haircut in another zone. That's the kind of travel that's helping spread things right now.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I am agreeing with you. Travel seems to start out small (that's why it is reported as a small percentage) but it increases exponentially and we lose track of it.

My heart wants to leave tomorrow. MY head tells me, we won't be going anywhere internationally until 2022. I am hopeful that most people who travel, will quarantine or follow the recommendation of the pilot project going through the Calgary airport. But of course there is always that "someone" who thinks they don't have to do that because they were careful blah blah blah.

All I know is I am soooooooooooooo done with alllllllllllll of this! At this point, I just want to be able to travel to see my kido, sil and GD...then go see my family in Saskatchewan, and hug my Grammie who will be 100 this fall!!!!! And yes, she is still living on her own yet in a seniors facility (locked down currently to outside family visitors - except to deliver her groceries and anything else that she needs). She is still quilting, doing puzzles, and has learned how to use an IPad to video chat with all of us!!!! She amazes me everyday

My heart wants to leave tomorrow. MY head tells me, we won't be going anywhere internationally until 2022. I am hopeful that most people who travel, will quarantine or follow the recommendation of the pilot project going through the Calgary airport. But of course there is always that "someone" who thinks they don't have to do that because they were careful blah blah blah.

All I know is I am soooooooooooooo done with alllllllllllll of this! At this point, I just want to be able to travel to see my kido, sil and GD...then go see my family in Saskatchewan, and hug my Grammie who will be 100 this fall!!!!! And yes, she is still living on her own yet in a seniors facility (locked down currently to outside family visitors - except to deliver her groceries and anything else that she needs). She is still quilting, doing puzzles, and has learned how to use an IPad to video chat with all of us!!!! She amazes me everyday
I get it friend. I sooooo get it. I am hopeful that there would be something in place later 2021 or early 2022 to allow travel to the States for those who have vaccinated at the very least. Hopefully this new administration will be able to work with us. Planning travel was/is such a way to bring some joy into stressful days. I miss it.
I am grateful for all that I have, including my health . But wow do I miss some simple things like hugging my parents or being able to book a trip.

Honestly, make sure it’s all refundable and go for it. As long as you won’t be out the money if we still can’t go then, then why not ?

It's a DVC booking so not really refundable but we will make a decision on whether to cancel or not early enough to bank and/or transfer the points. The only other thing is the air fare and we'll wait for more certainty before even making those bookings. It's pretty much the same thin we went through with our previously booked 1-16 Dec 2020 trip. We decided that was going to be a "no go" around end-Aug and were able to bank the 2020 points. I had 14 2019 points that I was just going to let burn but someone in our Facebook group asked if they could rent a night from us. I booked a Studio for them at AKL for 12 points and then told them it was free, enjoy!

With seeing so many things delayed and the 50th anniversary being an afterthought now I see no reason to return for a long time. The recent raising of capacity and a lot of social distancing measures slowly going away has left me with a sour taste in my mouth.

I want Tron to be open when we go, so with that now delayed it's not likely until 2022. We aren't big on the shows or fireworks, we like the rides :) and the food lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter