Whats your new protocol's silver lining?

Ikaikalani

Tee-Eye-double Guh-err
There sure are a lot of pros and cons to the newly released ship protocols. After having a day or two to think about things, I find myself seeing a silver lining to many of what at first I saw as cons. I think I'm in the minority in that I was disappointed with 50% occupancy. I'll miss the energy and excitement of crowds. But then today the silver lining hit me! With reduced occupancy, maybe, just MAYBE, I'll finally win at Bingo!!! Anyone else having any silver lining Aha moments?

Reduced capacity is definitely my silver lining - need to decide if that is enough of an incentive to make up for the things I do not care for. If they make the Fantasy cruises a double dip - that would also go a long way for us to sail in September.

I actually have a few, but it's something people are upset about so I hope people don't take it personally.

For my family, the silver linings are:

1. No buffets
2. MDR occupied tables physically distant
3. Muster Drill without being that close to people in the heat
4. Physical distance in general so limiting capacity for venues
5. No self-serve service
6. Rainforest is private booking
7. Stringent cleaning protocols
8. Hand washing before food venues are stressed
9. Reduced Capacity
10. Physical distancing so no crowds ... did I already say that...I just love this!:thumbsup2

I actually have a few, but it's something people are upset about so I hope people don't take it personally.

1. No buffets
5. No self-serve service
9. Reduced Capacity
10. Physical distancing so no crowds ... did I already say that...I just love this!:thumbsup2

Was there something on this list to object to? Sounds great.

I didn’t mind the reduced crowds at WDW parks last year, either.

So I read you can still do the Castaway 5K just on your own anytime during your day at Castaway and you still get the medal. This could be a big plus for me as I've always wanted to do it but it would have held up the rest of my traveling party and I'm not a very good runner so was too self conscious to do it with others who are legit runners. This could be my time!

1. No buffets
5. No self-serve service
9. Reduced Capacity

I missed that there aren't any buffets. Is that true? Any on deck food service or is that closed as well? Dining rooms only for ALL meals?

I missed that there aren't any buffets. Is that true? Any on deck food service or is that closed as well? Dining rooms only for ALL meals?
Yes, there is still a buffet (cabanas) on the cruise it just won’t be serve yourself. They will have cast members there to plate it for you. I watched the UK sailings and I hope they do it the same way where they will have 4-5 stations (each with the same food) and you will be assigned to one station and the cast member will plate your food for you.

Double dip is huge. We are actually not going to be experiencing any of the MDRs, and instead are doing two dinners at Palo and a dinner at Remy (plus a Palo Brunch!). Super excited for that.

Super excited about the new Muster Drill procedures, limited capacity in general, a new fireworks experience, smaller crowds at Castaway Cay, strictly enforced boarding times at the terminal (which definitely should have been a thing for years...), and sporadic character photo opportunities.

Double dip is huge. We are actually not going to be experiencing any of the MDRs, and instead are doing two dinners at Palo and a dinner at Remy (plus a Palo Brunch!). Super excited for that.

Super excited about the new Muster Drill procedures, limited capacity in general, a new fireworks experience, smaller crowds at Castaway Cay, strictly enforced boarding times at the terminal (which definitely should have been a thing for years...), and sporadic character photo opportunities.
Off topic, but I saw the changes/new menu for Palo. Is Remy still as it was, or did it go under some change as well?

I think we will have more character encounters without having to line up to meet them. We are grandparents going with our daughter and her family ( boys 1 and 4) and we can take turns going to the 1 show/ staying with them- and maybe arrange separate fireworks nights. Two days at Castaway Cay. Smaller crowds. It’s looking pretty good. I will miss Pirate Night and Sail away celebrations though!

For me, the silver lining is that these protocols are being instituted now, almost 10 months before I cruise again. So by the time my sailing embarks, the protocols will have (hopefully, God help us) run their course and outlasted their necessity.

For me, the silver lining is that these protocols are being instituted now, almost 10 months before I cruise again. So by the time my sailing embarks, the protocols will have (hopefully, God help us) run their course and outlasted their necessity.

Agree! We have almost 7 months so definitely hoping that things will be much better. I wouldn't want to sail the way things are now.

I'm not really seeing a silver lining here other than reduced capacity. Staying two days at Castaway Cay (which for us is like a 300% on the boredom scale) is probably going to make us cancel. We enjoy ports and to walk in the port, shop, speak to people, etc . .

Agree! I don't even want to go once!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter