What's your date & rate for 2006?

tricky1 said:
I have not listed anyone under the age of 18, To get lower rates you need to book with aaa or aph even though Oct is when hhn is going on the hotels can fill up and discounts can be slim, still its a little early for discounts to be out for a Oct trips(I usally start checking in aug for discounts for my Oct trip)

this coming october will be my 6th time going in that time period.

one thing i have learned from the past years of going in early october is that the AAA rate is better than the APH rate early on.
the APH rate drops greatly early to mid september.

i book in january, yes, i book early with the AAA rate for october and can always call up and switch to the aph rate if it drops more than my AAA rate for the hotels. only catch, call when rates first begin to drop as only a certain percentage of rooms are available at the lower rates. if you don't call and ask for it, you will not have the decreased rate applied to your ressie

The cheapest rate I could get is 183 AAA standard for RPR 8/15 to 8/17. Not worth it to buy AP. When you go on the Loews special offers website it advertises 199 midweek rates (we're going midweek), but when I go to the link, 259 comes up as the lowest, they don't give a code.
I would love to get a lower rate and will keep checking but don't have any hope. Anyone know any other codes? I saw the code about FLO for residents, but I suppose I would get caught cheating because they would see on my reservation that I don't live in FL. Anyone think the AAA rate will come down?

I just made a reservation at the PBR for a Club Deluxe room with AAA rate of $319.00/night for October 21 - 24. Do you think it will go down any lower than that between now and then? :confused3

We have booked the PBH for July 30 - Aug. 5 for an APH rate of $199 for a bayview 2 Q room. Originally had reserved waterview at RPH with AAA at a rate of $204 per night. The pass is a bit more, but for the additional room size it seemed worth it. There are four of us (husband, 17 year old son, 11 year old son and myself). I think the rate is pretty good, but always looking to do better! Please advise if anyone knows of any additional drops!

Counting down the days!!!! :bounce:

mtblujeans said:
I just made a reservation at the PBR for a Club Deluxe room with AAA rate of $319.00/night for October 21 - 24. Do you think it will go down any lower than that between now and then? :confused3

during the hard ticket event of HHN, rates do not drop easily.
there have been some great drops for ap holders 2 years ago during your time period though

gopherit said:
HOWEVER... it appears the RPR is NOT AVAILABLE for the Club level 2Q at that rate. If I let my ressie go and try to book it at the APH rate, do I run a risk of losing that ressie altogether? Or will they "upgrade" your rates on existing ressies, LOL?

Sorry I am answering this so late, but, yes, you will lose your room/bed type. Rooms are sorted by discount. At the RPR last January, I had a King Room booked with AAA. By the time APH rates came out (which saved us enough $$ to switch rates), they only had 2Q beds. I could not just change my current rate to the APH/King. I had to give up my King for 2Q/APH. By the time we checked in, it wasn't a problem to get the King, but I wouldn't risk that since you really need the 2Q.

AlexandNessa said:
Sorry I am answering this so late, but, yes, you will lose your room/bed type. Rooms are sorted by discount. At the RPR last January, I had a King Room booked with AAA. By the time APH rates came out (which saved us enough $$ to switch rates), they only had 2Q beds. I could not just change my current rate to the APH/King. I had to give up my King for 2Q/APH. By the time we checked in, it wasn't a problem to get the King, but I wouldn't risk that since you really need the 2Q.

Thanks for the reply - I guess I will just have to call Loews tomorrow and see what's up.

As I understand it, if they don't "show" a 2Q Club level at RPH, then they aren't going to just change my rate, since they have a fixed # of rooms at that rate (and those are apparently gone). ON the other hand - they DO still list as of tonight a 2Q Club with an APH rate (as I noted in my prior message). I don't think I can do HRH - my eldest son just thinks it will "give him the creeps", LOL. HE will probably be the one to change his mind once we get there and say, "Well you didn't tell me it would be like THAT!" I can see it now.

But faced with a choice - stay at AAA rate and RPH or go APH rate at PFB - (in both cases, it's a 2Q Club level room) - so what's the verdict, folks? As I noted before, it looks like going from AAA rate at RPR for their club 2Q to PBH with APH and their club 2Q room is about $17 more total.

Help guys! We booked through an on-line travel agency-MouseEarsVacations/DreamsUnlimitedCruising for our vacation in December!
Our rates at RPR for a standard room was $359 per night!!!!!! :furious:
Is it because of our dates(December 27-30) or do you think we can get better rates? I was quoted the same rate on the UO website too. Would it help to be AAA members? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!! :surfweb: :guilty: :badpc: :listen:

The site shows a AAA rate of $329.00 for water view, 2 queen beds, 2 adults, standard room for those dates. :confused3

AlexandNessa said:
Sorry I am answering this so late, but, yes, you will lose your room/bed type. Rooms are sorted by discount. .

Called Loews today and man am I glad I did. BTW - they could have switched my AAA rate over to the APH rate if I wanted them to - I guess they hadn't filed their "quota" of APH rooms, they had simply run out of 2Q Club rooms altogether! So I would not have lost my ressie - I simply would have had them convert the rate.

So why didn't I? Well, there's an interesting caveat to booking your vacation on-line - there's no place to account for kids on the on-line booking engine. So when I called, I had them add the 3 kids to the ressie. I then asked if the reservationist could look into PBH rates for me. THey had a 2Q Club level room there for $259/nt for our first 2 nights, then for $289 for the Fri. night. THat comes to a total of $807, about $60 more than the AP rate over at RPR for a 2Q club. BUt here's the zinger - at RPR, we would need a cot for dd. That runs $25 per nt - something I guess I hand't thought of since the ressie reads "room sleeps up to 5". We don't feel like doing the floor / air mat routine, and the kids are all big enough to really need a bed, so we'll put the 2 boys together, but we really needed some sort of bed for dd. Ahhhh the joys of a fam of 5. Well ANYWAY - at PBH, there is a pull-out sofa already in the room, no extra charge. So in reality, the room at PBH will cost us $15 LESS than RPR with a cot, and we will have about 30% more space too, since the RPR club room is a fair deal smaller than the deluxe club rooms at PBH. All in all a call well spent.

SO my current rate is: PBH, 2Q CLub Level, @ $259 weekday, $289 weekend. That's pretty good in my book! :goodvibes

You're welcome, Katybugsmom! :goodvibes

Gopherit, those were some of the same things I need to take care of. I made our reservations on-line and I didn't see any place to add the 2 kids that are going with us. I made the ressie for 2 adults and I need to call and ask them to add the 2 kids.....2 kids that are taller than me! :teeth:

I also chose the PBH because I saw on these boards that the rooms were bigger. Trying out the club level so we can have breakfast on-property and hit the park hard! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter