What's your date & rate for 2006?

Reading your posts, I have gone to the site and signed up for the card. Now I am checking the rates at the site for the Portofino in October.....I have a 14 YO DS.....do I list him as an adult so it shows there will be 3 of us in the room?

ETA: It is giving me a rate of $289.00 (Seasonal Rate) per night for a Garden View room. :guilty:

Updated rate

Our APH rate just went down..... :woohoo: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

RPH Standard View August 7-10 $129 a night

RPH Standard View August 11-13 $159 a night

mtblujeans said:
Reading your posts, I have gone to the site and signed up for the card. Now I am checking the rates at the site for the Portofino in October.....I have a 14 YO DS.....do I list him as an adult so it shows there will be 3 of us in the room?

ETA: It is giving me a rate of $289.00 (Seasonal Rate) per night for a Garden View room. :guilty:

I have not listed anyone under the age of 18, To get lower rates you need to book with aaa or aph even though Oct is when hhn is going on the hotels can fill up and discounts can be slim, still its a little early for discounts to be out for a Oct trips(I usally start checking in aug for discounts for my Oct trip)

Was booked at a higher rate. Got pool view for same price as parking lot view price. Booked on line at Universal website.

$129/night - 5 nights, 8/13 to 8/18, Royal Pacific at Annual Passholder rate.

This will be our 5th stay at the RPR. We like the RPR over the Hard Rock and Portifino.

Lou

tricky1 said:
I have not listed anyone under the age of 18, To get lower rates you need to book with aaa or aph even though Oct is when hhn is going on the hotels can fill up and discounts can be slim, still its a little early for discounts to be out for a Oct trips(I usally start checking in aug for discounts for my Oct trip)
Ok, thanks! That helps alot! :thumbsup2

I just changed my room type to take advantage of lower AP rates. I now have a standard at RPR 8/11-8/16 for $159 8/11 & 8/12, and $129 for the rest of the days. (I had a guaranteed upgrade from the standard room to a King Suite with a AAA rate of $183.20 per night.)

wdwnut61 said:
Updated rate

Our APH rate just went down..... :woohoo: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

RPH Standard View August 7-10 $129 a night

RPH Standard View August 11-13 $159 a night

Do the rates for AAA or the Fun card ever go down? I check every couople of days and the prices haven't moved since I booked months ago. We are booked at the HRH from 8/31 to 9/3.

Bill

IMGONNABE40! said:
I just changed my room type to take advantage of lower AP rates. I now have a standard at RPR 8/11-8/16 for $159 8/11 & 8/12, and $129 for the rest of the days. (I had a guaranteed upgrade from the standard room to a King Suite with a AAA rate of $183.20 per night.)

Congrats on getting the lower rate. Isn't is great :woohoo:
Our AP has already more than paid for itself. Can't wait to use it for the dining and shopping once we get there. party:

S.S.Oceanlover said:
Do the rates for AAA or the Fun card ever go down? I check every couople of days and the prices haven't moved since I booked months ago. We are booked at the HRH from 8/31 to 9/3.

Bill

Whats a Fun Card?
What AAA rate did you get? Two of your dates are coming up $4 more a night using AAA as opposed to the APH rate. One night is $149. You could possibly see the AAA rate come down if HRH doesnt book up but it is also Labor Day weekend.

Fan2CSkr said:
Whats a Fun Card?
What AAA rate did you get? Two of your dates are coming up $4 more a night using AAA as opposed to the APH rate. One night is $149. You could possibly see the AAA rate come down if HRH doesnt book up but it is also Labor Day weekend.

I'm not exactly sure what it is called. Fun card. Fun pass, something like that. Friends we are going with got a card from work. I've seen a few others mention it before but not sure how it works.

The AAA rate is $183.20 I see. Where did you see $149 per night? We have to payoff this trip July 18th.

After we pay in full can we still get the lower rate if it's lowered?

Thanks
Bill

mtblujeans said:

no, list the 14 year old as a child.
17 and under are listed as children.

if you have more than 2 adults listed in the room, you pay an additional $15 per night on the stay for that extra adult.

S.S.Oceanlover said:
I'm not exactly sure what it is called. Fun card. Fun pass, something like that. Friends we are going with got a card from work. I've seen a few others mention it before but not sure how it works.

The AAA rate is $183.20 I see. Where did you see $149 per night? We have to payoff this trip July 18th.

After we pay in full can we still get the lower rate if it's lowered?

Thanks
Bill

OK, I think you mean the Fan Club card. I'm not even sure its any better than a AAA card. Your AAA card will get you all sorts of discounts in the parks for food and merchandise.

Since you mentioned you have to pay in full you would have to abide by their booking rules. I cant tell you what they are since I dont know how you booked. I would imagine you cant rebook without penalty but maybe.

The $149 rate is an APH rate available online through Loews.

Fan2CSkr said:
OK, I think you mean the Fan Club card. I'm not even sure its any better than a AAA card. Your AAA card will get you all sorts of discounts in the parks for food and merchandise.

Since you mentioned you have to pay in full you would have to abide by their booking rules. I cant tell you what they are since I dont know how you booked. I would imagine you cant rebook without penalty but maybe.

The $149 rate is an APH rate available online through Loews.

They have a $25.00 change fee and a $50.00 cancellation fee pp after we pay in full up until 4 days before we go.

Sorry to be a pest. I just went to www.loewshotels.com and the price for the APH was $179pp. Do you have a specific link where the $149.00 price is?

Thanks so much for all the info. :)

Bill

S.S.Oceanlover said:
They have a $25.00 change fee and a $50.00 cancellation fee pp after we pay in full up until 4 days before we go.

Sorry to be a pest. I just went to www.loewshotels.com and the price for the APH was $179pp. Do you have a specific link where the $149.00 price is?

Thanks so much for all the info. :)

Bill

When you put in your dates and type the APH code there is a red box that says select rate...click that and you will find a rate change based on the day of the week. Weekdays are $149 and weekends $179.

149.00 United States Dollars per night Starting Thursday, August 31, 2006 For 1 Night
179.00 United States Dollars per night Starting Friday, September 1, 2006 For 2 Nights
Hope that helps and no problem at all.:)

macraven said:
no, list the 14 year old as a child.
17 and under are listed as children.

if you have more than 2 adults listed in the room, you pay an additional $15 per night on the stay for that extra adult.
OK, thanks! We've never stayed at a Loews hotel before....I can use all the help I can get! ;)

Fan2CSkr said:
When you put in your dates and type the APH code there is a red box that says select rate...click that and you will find a rate change based on the day of the week. Weekdays are $149 and weekends $179.

149.00 United States Dollars per night Starting Thursday, August 31, 2006 For 1 Night
179.00 United States Dollars per night Starting Friday, September 1, 2006 For 2 Nights
Hope that helps and no problem at all.:)

Thanks again. I really appreciate all the help! :)

Bill

Hi, everyone, we got the royal pacific from Oct. 20-22 for 206.00 a night plus tax. It is a standard room (garden view) and thats a APH rate. Then we got the Hard Rock for 251.00 plus tax from Nov. 10-13 standard room (water view) and thats a APH rate also. Hope we can get better rates as the date gets nearer.=0) :cloud9:

What to do, what to do!!!

I posted earlier that we have 3 nts in a Club 2Q room at RPR for Aug 9-12. On the AAA rate, I reserved it for 263.20 per nt, for a rough total (sans the lovely taxes and such) of $789.60.

I now see that I can get an AP rate for the same nights as follows:

RPR: $717 (Same room, but I save $72.60 over existing ressie)
HRH: $777 (Bigger room, and I save $12.60)
PFB: $807 (Bigger room, and I shell out $17.40 more bucks)

HOWEVER... it appears the RPR is NOT AVAILABLE for the Club level 2Q at that rate. If I let my ressie go and try to book it at the APH rate, do I run a risk of losing that ressie altogether? Or will they "upgrade" your rates on existing ressies, LOL?

Both HRH and PFB are open with a 2Q club level room for our dates... but it looks like the APH rates and late decisions for summer travel are eating these up, so I think I need to decide asap!

We have 5 in our party - 2 adults, 3 kids. With that much humanity, would the bigger rooms of the PFB or HRH be a blessing to us? If the numbers on their website are correct, the PFB and HRH CLub 2Q rooms are about 30% bigger than RPR (around 490-500 sq ft versus 335 - maybe the 335 is not correct? Took that number from the water view rooms. The Club rooms for RPR don't state a sq ft size).

I have no idea which way I want to go on this... if any one can point us in the right direction, I'd be ever so grateful! 3 things matter to us: convenience for getting to the parks readily, a comfortable place to sleep, and a good pool in which to swim. (I realize you can pool hop, but if the pool at our hotel is nice enough to attract the kiddos, I'd just as soon stay close to home, so to speak, and not have to trek out to another pool!) Kids are 11,9, and 6. ALL INPUT WELCOMED!

P.S. Does the Hard Rock Hotel have pictures of KISS plastered everywhere? One of my kids is disturbed by Simmons and his make-up/tongue, LOL. I guess in his mind, it's the equivalent of the BWV clown slide and Stephen King for other folks... in any case, wondering how kid-friendly HRH is relative to the others. And is there perhaps one hotel more families gravitate to versus another? Decisions decisions!!!

gopherit said:
What to do, what to do!!!

I posted earlier that we have 3 nts in a Club 2Q room at RPR for Aug 9-12. On the AAA rate, I reserved it for 263.20 per nt, for a rough total (sans the lovely taxes and such) of $789.60.

I now see that I can get an AP rate for the same nights as follows:

RPR: $717 (Same room, but I save $72.60 over existing ressie)
HRH: $777 (Bigger room, and I save $12.60)
PFB: $807 (Bigger room, and I shell out $17.40 more bucks)

HOWEVER... it appears the RPR is NOT AVAILABLE for the Club level 2Q at that rate. If I let my ressie go and try to book it at the APH rate, do I run a risk of losing that ressie altogether? Or will they "upgrade" your rates on existing ressies, LOL?
You can keep your ressie and change it to the APH.

Both HRH and PFB are open with a 2Q club level room for our dates... but it looks like the APH rates and late decisions for summer travel are eating these up, so I think I need to decide asap!

We have 5 in our party - 2 adults, 3 kids. With that much humanity, would the bigger rooms of the PFB or HRH be a blessing to us?
Portofino's club rooms are deluxe and will be a great deal larger than a standard Royal Pacific but Hard Rocks club rooms are not deluxe and are about the same a but larger than a standard at RPR. The deluxe at HRH (there are some on club level but cant be guaranteed) are the same size as deluxe PBH.
If the numbers on their website are correct, the PFB and HRH CLub 2Q rooms are about 30% bigger than RPR (around 490-500 sq ft versus 335 - maybe the 335 is not correct?
See above - HRH Club rooms are the same size as their garden and poolview rooms. They do have some other room types/suites on club level that would cost more.

Took that number from the water view rooms. The Club rooms for RPR don't state a sq ft size).

I have no idea which way I want to go on this... if any one can point us in the right direction, I'd be ever so grateful! 3 things matter to us: convenience for getting to the parks readily, a comfortable place to sleep, and a good pool in which to swim. (I realize you can pool hop, but if the pool at our hotel is nice enough to attract the kiddos, I'd just as soon stay close to home, so to speak, and not have to trek out to another pool!) Kids are 11,9, and 6. ALL INPUT WELCOMED!

P.S. Does the Hard Rock Hotel have pictures of KISS plastered everywhere? One of my kids is disturbed by Simmons and his make-up/tongue, LOL. I guess in his mind, it's the equivalent of the BWV clown slide and Stephen King for other folks... in any case, wondering how kid-friendly HRH is relative to the others. And is there perhaps one hotel more families gravitate to versus another? Decisions decisions!!!

Hard Rock doesnt have Gene Simmons all over the place. :) HRH as well as PBH and RPR are very kid friendly. RPR doesnt have a slide if that matters. RPR seems to be the heavy favorite for families with younger kids like your ages. RPR and HRH are easy walks to the parks, PBH is a bit longer if you wanted to walk it. But between the boats and buses you are a quick ride from any resort.

My overall opinion is for the $ difference I would take PBH for the extra space. They have 3 pools and the kids would have a great time there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter