What have you done to make "Sail Away" special??

gichicdoc

inspired
Looking for ideas to make the "Sail Away" an unforgettable moment.

Please share your ideas!!

I don't know what you can do to make it special. You are in a crowd of 2500 of your soon-to-be closest friends waving streamers, sort of dancing, etc. We've had some special moments, but the characters don't do those things any more....once Minnie grabbed DD's hand and they started a congo line around the ship...another time, Dale grabbed her and pulled her up on stage. Both of these were years ago, and I haven't seen anything like that happen to anyone recently. It only lasts 15-20 minutes.....from the time it really gets going.

Let's see...... On the ship, singing, dancing, Captain Mickey.... That's been more than special enough! :cool1:

We bring Mickey hands/gloves and the kids enjoy going up to the top deck to wave back at the CMs on the pier after the characters have done the countdown. They wave to everyone along the shore as we leave the area. When we had a verandah DD went out and waved to the CMs on the dock as we were leaving CC also.

I'm not into big crowds.

For our first sailaway, I ordered the champagne / petit fours combo to be in our cabin. We had a huge balcony (7636 on the Magic) and we drank champagne and munched on chocolate covered strawberries while watching the ship pull away from the dock.

I'm planning to get a package of a dozen party favor sized bubbles (like those you get at weddings) to pass out to the parents of the children near us so they can blow bubbles as we leave port.

If you're feeling really playful, I've seen a four-pack of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse bubbles for sale at Party City for $5 or so.

I'm planning to get a package of a dozen party favor sized bubbles (like those you get at weddings) to pass out to the parents of the children near us so they can blow bubbles as we leave port.

If you're feeling really playful, I've seen a four-pack of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse bubbles for sale at Party City for $5 or so.

On our last cruise the CM's were asking people to put the bubbles away. The spills made the deck slippery.

Make sure you get some streamers from a CM! We weren't aware of these on our first cruise and didn't get any.

I've heard that bubbles can make the deck quite slippery. We thought about doing this on our last cruise, but were advised against it. It is a good idea other than that.

We always get a table near the deck and bring on a bottle of champagne and get a few chocolate covered strawberries from the Cove Cafe and have a toast before the actual party begins. Then we sip our drinks while the kids dance!

It's a nice way for us to start vacation.

This last time, my sister and her husband watched the live webcam while we were leaving and saw us waving! That was fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter