What do you wish you had brought to Aulani?

Discussion in 'Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa' started by mikewdw, May 16, 2017.

1. happymommy

happymommy DIS Veteran

I wouldn't ever pack drinks to Hawaii - you can buy it across the street at the Island Market reasonably anyway, even liquor.

Now, to Disney, I have brought one bottle in a wine diaper (I can get beer or wine delivered from Safeway but not my vodka, or rum). Most it saves me is really like $20 though, so no big deal.

2. Bejeweledj9

Bejeweledj9 Earning My Ears

:tink:Yes we did weigh it - I was worried a bit. We were close! But not over 50 - had some Disney Magic that day!

And we had an free checked bag to use, so why not. Yes, you can obviously get that stuff there, but I didn't want our first stop to be the store, I wanted it to be the beach :) And I was super happy about bringing the milk - I still have the picture from the ABC store where a gallon of milk was over $10.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Brancaneve

Brancaneve That means Snow White in another language.

If you have a kitchen with a dishwasher, I would absolutely bring dishwasher detergent and I always bring gloves to save the manicure:)

5. bnk1120

bnk1120 I'll take chicken wings and beer.

A soft cooler is great to have to take drinks to the pool and when you leave the resort.

PattiPB likes this.
  6. amysibbo

amysibbo Earning My Ears

We wish we had brought our own snorkelling gear as we could feel all the fish in the ocean but couldn't get a proper look at them!

7. Jemwillow

Jemwillow Earning My Ears

A water proof pouch is a must. Bought one over there for $15 at the target in Kapolei. Helped my iPhone work as an underwater camera loved it! Didn't use the water shoes at all. For coffee filter I would use doubled up paper towels. I probably wouldn't pack this but some might ...a snorkel mask combo. The one you rent is good for the rainbow reef then you can get another one at the beach. You can also upgrade and get the package for the entire stay. But it was like $40/pp. you can get a 10% discount if you are DVC. We didn't then my daughter wanted to snorkel the next day ugh!!!

8. Jemwillow

Jemwillow Earning My Ears

another quick tip if you have a full kitchen. is to fill up empty tic tac containers with salt and pepper/or your must have condiments. That was you don'y have lug along full bottles or throw away ones purchased on the island.

9. cgattis

cgattis DIS Veteran

That's genius!!!!! Thanks!!!

10. Siliobear

Siliobear Mouseketeer

Are you saying the villas don't stock salt, pepper, sugar?

11. cgattis

cgattis DIS Veteran

There were none of those things in ours, except for a couple of sugar packets in with the coffee.

squeezle likes this.
  12. blondietink

blondietink DIS Veteran

Sometimes previous guests will leave what they have picked up in fast food places, but other than that, no there is generally none of those things provided in the villas.

13. BayGirl22

BayGirl22 DIS Veteran

If you stay in condos/timeshares a lot or camp you could use something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Swiss-Advance-sw-sp-Swiss-Spice-Pepper/dp/B000BS5IXA
    I have one that I think is actual Swiss Army brand, purchased in Europe. Its moisture proof so keeps contents dry for much longer.

14. mommy2allyandaveri

mommy2allyandaveri DIS Veteran

I'm very interested in this. We will have free checked bags as well. How did you ensure the drinks would not spill/explode? Would like to possibly take drinks, salsa, applesauce.

I try to pick up extra condiment packets, salt/pepper, jelly/jam to take with us when I see them around.

I'm not sure how we would keep milk cold but I do plan to take what I can from home since I know stuff is super expensive there.

15. squeezle

squeezle Mickey Fan From Birth

We use these to keep things from leaking in our luggage - they are like a ziplock bag with an absorbent liner. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FLK2IU/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&smid=A2ZMY2TBBDRA6P&th=1

You could consider shelf-stable milk cartons that do not need refrigeration.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017 at 7:28 PM
  16. ppjluvsdvc

ppjluvsdvc Mouseketeer

I do not think you should try to bring any carbonated beverages in your checked baggage.

17. cgattis

cgattis DIS Veteran

We've done that before with no issues. YMMV I guess.