What do you mean I can't add more days?!

We were able to add to our six-day hoppers no problem earlier this month. We went to the ticket booths after leaving the park on our first day (Jul 01) and had no problems. It took about 25 minutes and a supervisor override on the computer to accomplish, cost us $5 per ticket.

I would think by getting rid of the 6 and7 day it will turn people off. I understand that a majority of dl guest are annual pass holders but there are people who are going to DL and would like more than a 5 day like myself. I will not buy a 2 day pass because it will be too expensive And they will lose out on our spending for those 2 days.

This is exactly my beef right now. I am not a lucky local and have to plan for months and save my money to fly for hours to visit the DLR for a period of time to get my fun fix of Disney. For this I like to spend as much time as I can in the resort and taking in all I can not missing a thing. So I generally get an 8 day hopper so I can take excursions in between days and if I get back early from them I can go to the resort for a few hours and enjoy a few more hours of play time.

Now I am trying to plan my vacation for next November and my best friend who is coming hasnt been since the year DCA opened, and was only there for 2 days. She wants to go soooo bad and have the ultimate experience I typically have each year. So when I looked into passes the other day I am being forced to purchase either a 5 day hopper from Flight Center for $234 or a basic annual pass for $264 which has a freakish ton of black out days, including blocking most if not all weekends. :worried: WOW there goes my chances of seeing weekend shows in off season. So if I upgrade to the next annual pass for about $330 there are less blackout days but I have to pay an extra $100 per person to get this and I have to carefully now plan my weeks so I am not blocked out, and I MAY (Doesnt mean I will) get a weekend evening there. :confused3 Quite honestly I am disgusted with Disney that they would do this to people who have to spend all that money to travel.

TSo when I looked into passes the other day I am being forced to purchase either a 5 day hopper from Flight Center for $234 or a basic annual pass for $264 which has a freakish ton of black out days, including blocking most if not all weekends. :worried: WOW there goes my chances of seeing weekend shows in off season. So if I upgrade to the next annual pass for about $330 there are less blackout days but I have to pay an extra $100 per person to get this and I have to carefully now plan my weeks so I am not blocked out, and I MAY (Doesnt mean I will) get a weekend evening there. :confused3 Quite honestly I am disgusted with Disney that they would do this to people who have to spend all that money to travel.

I as well as skiingfast posted on another one of your threads about this same thing...the AP you are referring to which is $264 I still dont get where you are getting that amount because the lowest AP available is $269 and you are not eligible for that or the one above it...both the so cal and so cal select are only for southern california residents so the lowest AP you could get is the deluxe which is $469 per pass...I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I guess you didnt see the post we wrote on the other thread and I dont want you expecting to be able to get the AP's you are thinking about:confused:

i really don't understand them scrapping the longer tickets like 6-8 day hoppers.

we are from australia, and we can get 14 day hoppers, which suit us fabulously, but it kinda sucks that they don't offer the same tickets to local and other usa residents :(

alicia1506 said:
i really don't understand them scrapping the longer tickets like 6-8 day hoppers.

we are from australia, and we can get 14 day hoppers, which suit us fabulously, but it kinda sucks that they don't offer the same tickets to local and other usa residents :(

Hi Alicia,
We are traveling from Australia too. We have AP's, but a friend is coming with us, and they need tix. All I can find are these 5 days, where did you get the 14 day pass from? It will be perfect cause we are planning 14 days.
Thanks!

I talked to tickets/reservations who then transferred me to guest services about upgrading my 5 day to a 6 day hopper. They were actually quite rude on both lines and just kept telling me repeatedly that they stopped selling 6 day park hoppers. After trying to explain multiple times that I understand, but wanted to extend a day at a prorated cost they finally told me I was out of luck.

The first answer was that I would simply have to purchase a seperate 1 day park hopper ticket. Then the second assistant told me I could take my tickets to the booths to have them upgraded, but there was no way of knowing the prices. She said I would probably have to pay full price. Both ended my phone call with a heavily sarcastic "Have a magical day!"

I am so disappointed with this change. Why alienate people who want to spend more time in the parks? This means more money spent on food, souvineers, etc. Why not just pro rate the extra day? I understand many of you were able to do this no problem, but the fact that now it's becoming more and more of a risk is uncomfortable. Especially when I don't live in state and have to plan months ahead for a special vacation. No fun..

Isn't it because they've had problems with people scalping the additional 6th-8th day tickets? There may be enough of us that use them, but I think there are significantly more that abuse them. With the expense of Carsland and a weak economy they're probably doing everything they can to stay on top of things. The best way to solve that problem is to install the fingerprint machine like they have at WDW. But that might not be worth the expense for an additional $5 per occasional ticket.

Complaining here does no good. Complain officially, in person at the park file a complaint anywhere and everywhere.

I think everyone who points out this is counterproductive to the bottomline is right. Many families plan trips of longer than 5 days. I'd have loved to overhear that comment at guest services because I would have piped in with my opinion which is this:

TWDC was so disappointed with attendance at DCA and the the failure of DLR to become a "mulitday resort destination" that it invested 2 billion dollars to draw more folks to the parks for longer. Please don't discourage me from staying, spending money, and help Disney to achieve it's goal.

I get that they don't make the 6-8 days tickets readily available for mass purchase. They however, do need to come up with a solution and firm policy that allows guests to visit this resort for as many days as they will let guests book rooms in their hotels for

I had no idea this was an issue. We decided to extend our trip a day and I just went to the place inside the gates of California Adventure (to the left, I can't remember what it's called!) and they added a day to my son's 5 day park hopper without batting an eye.

Next year for us is our first & maybe only big trip to DL. We are planning lots of time in the parks. The 6 day would worked better for us. Because on arrival day I would love to have the option to go have dinner at DL. I will be watching closely about this ticket upgrade situation.

Are we still able to add to a 3 or 4 day?

You will have to pay full price. You don't get the upgrade price until you meet the five day ticket price, then add those extra days. Hope that makes sense. :)

You will have to pay full price. You don't get the upgrade price until you meet the five day ticket price, then add those extra days. Hope that makes sense. :)

So I'd pay the difference between say a 4 day and a 5 day ticket?

KaChow said:
So I'd pay the difference between say a 4 day and a 5 day ticket?

As long as you paid full price for the 4 day. If you paid a discount price, you'll have to 1st pay the difference to bring it full price THEN pay the difference between the 4 & 5 day. Hope that makes sense.

As long as you paid full price for the 4 day. If you paid a discount price, you'll have to 1st pay the difference to bring it full price THEN pay the difference between the 4 & 5 day. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks! We bought them right before the price increase, so we'll see if adding another day is worth it or not.

We are flying in from Pa, and I would like to ideally spend more than five days at the parks. If we can't add days, though, I think we'll spend our time and money elsewhere....:guilty:

Next year for us is our first & maybe only big trip to DL. We are planning lots of time in the parks. The 6 day would worked better for us. Because on arrival day I would love to have the option to go have dinner at DL. I will be watching closely about this ticket upgrade situation.

We are in the exact same situation. Staying at the Grand Cal for 6 nights in January. We will 5-day hoppers for the 5 full days, but would love the option to go into DL on our arrival night. We'd pay $10 more per ticket, but not much more. If we can't, then we'll just do Goofy's Kitchen and explore Downtown Disney on our arrival night, and watch fireworks from the esplanade.

Well, we will be finding out when we are there Aug 5-10. We all have APs, but we are bringing a guest. She will be utilizing one of the extra 4 Day PH my MIL bought us recently that we obviously can't utilize b/c we have Aps. Looong story. Anyhoo, we plan n being in the parks for 6 days and want to upgrade Miss Meg's PH to the full 6 days from 4. So, we shall find out and I will report back our findings.

If its a no, we will be spending the 10th at Knott's Berry Farm, and since that will cost more for tickets for all 5 of us, we will be eating less on property in order to stay within our prescribed budget. I would rather give my money to the Mouse, but if they refuse to take it...:sad2:

This is a terrible policy. We normally spend more than 5 days and have our tickets ready for this year trip. I hope DL would review this policy if we have enough people to voice our concern.

This is a terrible policy. We normally spend more than 5 days and have our tickets ready for this year trip. I hope DL would review this policy if we have enough people to voice our concern.

Athough many people on the DIS are voicing their disdain at this new policy, Disney themselves are saying that overall, there werent enough people who wanted more than 5 day passes...however, with that being said, i think they should have held off until they knew how well DCA would turn out in general...now that people are voicing their opinions in regards to DCA being a park they would happily stay at the entire day, they may need to rethink this

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter