What do I need to have prepared for online check-in?

Check in last night was a nightmare. Nobody could do it without the blue spinning circle of doom. Took 2 hours and 45 minutes to check in 2 cabins. Other times were bad but last night was the worst!! We have 4 cabins in our group and we all got different times.

MJ

Check in last night was a nightmare. Nobody could do it without the blue spinning circle of doom. Took 2 hours and 45 minutes to check in 2 cabins. Other times were bad but last night was the worst!! We have 4 cabins in our group and we all got different times.

MJ
Sorry to hear. Very frustrating. Curious what browser you were using? I had a hard time with Safari on my phone but much easier with Chrome.

Sorry to hear. Very frustrating. Curious what browser you were using? I had a hard time with Safari on my phone but much easier with Chrome.
I tried my Iphone through the app and Chrome. It was definitely something on their end....the circle just kept spinning for everyone.

MJ
We were last night too. I gave up after an hour of getting absolutely nowhere. I randomly woke up at 3AM (6EST) and got 11:30 PAT with group 6. I was like all that stress to maybe save 30 minutes- not worth it! I know there‘s a Magic, Dream and Wish all scheduled for 10/10. Clearly this was way too much for the system. So frustrating!

We were last night too. I gave up after an hour of getting absolutely nowhere. I randomly woke up at 3AM (6EST) and got 11:30 PAT with group 6. I was like all that stress to maybe save 30 minutes- not worth it! I know there‘s a Magic, Dream and Wish all scheduled for 10/10. Clearly this was way too much for the system. So frustrating!

That makes sense...I did not realize there were 3 ships checking in. There has to be a better way. Were you checking for Magic or a different ship. I was doing it for the Magic and waited up until 3:30 to complete two cabins. The first cabin I got 11:30 with BG of 7 and the next cabin not until 11:45.

MJ

We are on the Dream. I only know because I spent way too much time debating between the three cruises, lol! I didn’t even get a button to start check in fir the first 20 minutes last night!

My son's passport arrived yesterday, but we had already passed our 30-day mark so I used his birth certificate. Is it worth updating the info now? We're 27 days out and our check-in is "pending review." Would I mess things up by switching? I'm actual not sure it makes a difference but I feel better with the passport and I want to make sure everything syncs up. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

My son's passport arrived yesterday, but we had already passed our 30-day mark so I used his birth certificate. Is it worth updating the info now? We're 27 days out and our check-in is "pending review." Would I mess things up by switching? I'm actual not sure it makes a difference but I feel better with the passport and I want to make sure everything syncs up. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
I believe once the document goes into 'pending review,' you can't switch it (if they hadn't started reviewing it yet you could, but since it's in the review phase I think you have to stick with what's submitted).

Getting prepped for my check-in soon. For emergency contact... I'm going with my wife - should I set our emergency contacts as each other? Or as our folks back home in case the boat sinks?

If our flight in (night before) has a layover, do I give my initial starting airport or the airport we stop in on the way to Miami?

Can someone tell me about the passport submission? Do you take a photo of both the top and bottom pages (the top has my signature and the bottom is the main passport page). Do you need a separate pic of both pages, one pic of both pages together or just the bottom main page? Thanks!
I have only uploaded the bottom with the data and picture and it has never been an issue including three cruises since restart

So just did check in this week for our third cruise since the restart. I uploaded our photos - same ones I used for July sailing and this time the system says photo may be blurry! I personally think there IT system is blurry or maybe there AI is seeing blurry! Oh well - didn’t care as it still let me finish the process and get a PAT but I did find it odd!

We will have 5 rooms with 17 of us. We will all have different times we can check in due to some of us having sailed before. This is our 5th Disney Cruise and we never uploaded photos before. It is all sounding overwhelming. Will each family have a different PAT? We're all getting to the port at the same time. Any help would be appreciated.

Everyone checks in at 30 days regardless of past cruising. Status now only comes into play when booking excursions and on board activities

There are 4 ships (all but the fantasy) sailing the same day as ours in November. Sounds like we have no chance of being able to successfully check in at midnight.

The number of ships checking in at the same time seems to be the key.

I checked in last week for our Dream cruise and I believe that we were the only ship checking in that night. Took about 30[ish minutes. Started on my laptop, got the spinning blue circle of doom, refreshed, but then got a message on the DCL site say that they could not access any reservations at that time. I switched to my phone (going through the app) and completed check-in that way. Felt very very fortunate and thrilled to get an 11:00am PAT and Boarding group 2.

The number of ships checking in at the same time seems to be the key.

I checked in last week for our Dream cruise and I believe that we were the only ship checking in that night. Took about 30[ish minutes. Started on my laptop, got the spinning blue circle of doom, refreshed, but then got a message on the DCL site say that they could not access any reservations at that time. I switched to my phone (going through the app) and completed check-in that way. Felt very very fortunate and thrilled to get an 11:00am PAT and Boarding group 2.
Not loving all these reports where people have to switch to the app. I mean, I'll do what I need to do, but data entry with a real keyboard, mouse, tabstops, etc is so, so, so much better!!

We will have 5 rooms with 17 of us. We will all have different times we can check in due to some of us having sailed before. This is our 5th Disney Cruise and we never uploaded photos before. It is all sounding overwhelming. Will each family have a different PAT? We're all getting to the port at the same time. Any help would be appreciated.
Everyone checks in 30 days out, so you'll all be able to check in at the same time. The advice in this thread (especially having all photos saved on both your computer and your phone, and having a document with all the other info typed out already so you can just copy/paste, were lifesavers for me. Also skip as much as you can (just select cash for onboard account, skip entering flights, etc.)-focus on the photos and the demographic info. You can edit onboard account and travel plans after you get a PAT. Also, watch the date formats-I was trying to enter birthdates and passport expiration dates and it kept defaulting to today's date for some odd reason (I think I had the year formatted wrong). But it won't tell you that right away, it'll just spin/load for a while then tell you something was wrong. So the extra few seconds spent to check all dates are correct before you hit submit will likely save you time having to redo (after a wait).

I believe you will choose PAT by stateroom. So if each family has their own stateroom then yes, theoretically, they could all have the same PAT. If you can get someone to help you with check in (since you have five rooms, you can work on room 1, someone else can work on room 2. The more you can do simultaneously the better chance you have of getting the same PAT for all 5 staterooms.

With that said, you are able to edit your PAT, so if everyone doesn't get the same PAT you can change it later. Or, just have everyone show up at whatever the latest PAT is-at a certain point, they'll call open boarding so PAT/boarding group might not matter anyway.

Good luck!

Everyone checks in 30 days out, so you'll all be able to check in at the same time. The advice in this thread (especially having all photos saved on both your computer and your phone, and having a document with all the other info typed out already so you can just copy/paste, were lifesavers for me. Also skip as much as you can (just select cash for onboard account, skip entering flights, etc.)-focus on the photos and the demographic info. You can edit onboard account and travel plans after you get a PAT. Also, watch the date formats-I was trying to enter birthdates and passport expiration dates and it kept defaulting to today's date for some odd reason (I think I had the year formatted wrong). But it won't tell you that right away, it'll just spin/load for a while then tell you something was wrong. So the extra few seconds spent to check all dates are correct before you hit submit will likely save you time having to redo (after a wait).

I believe you will choose PAT by stateroom. So if each family has their own stateroom then yes, theoretically, they could all have the same PAT. If you can get someone to help you with check in (since you have five rooms, you can work on room 1, someone else can work on room 2. The more you can do simultaneously the better chance you have of getting the same PAT for all 5 staterooms.

With that said, you are able to edit your PAT, so if everyone doesn't get the same PAT you can change it later. Or, just have everyone show up at whatever the latest PAT is-at a certain point, they'll call open boarding so PAT/boarding group might not matter anyway.

Good luck!
Thank you! This was SO helpful! I appreciate you!

Worth noting because it was something I was scrabbling around for at check in. For the us cruises international folk need to also have visa/estas ready to upload too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter