What do I need to have prepared for online check-in?

I really, REALLY wish they would go back to staggered online check-ins. Or just have us do the passports and photos at the terminal again. I don't mind doing things online, but not at midnight when their website sucks!
I just did the DCL check in for the first time. I had issues with spinning blue circle when trying to upload images. I had to restart a few times from my phone. I then also had an issue with a grey box when i selected credit card for my cruise account. I just selected cash and updated the cc my laptop later in the day.

Reactions: Dru
Hi!
Should I be concerned or call or do something?

I did the online check in about a week ago, got PAT .. but the app still shows as “pending review” related to guest information… I have a non US passport

Also I didnt see where to upload the vaccine documentation..?

Thanks!

Hi!
Should I be concerned or call or do something?

I did the online check in about a week ago, got PAT .. but the app still shows as “pending review” related to guest information… I have a non US passport

Also I didnt see where to upload the vaccine documentation..?

Thanks!
Pending review is normal until about 1 week before the cruise. You’ll need to upload your vaccine records on the safe passage website at 25 days out

Well I guess I’ll just stay awake until midnight to check in. I better get a good boarding group. 😂😂😂 30 days, 2 hours and 38 minutes and counting.

Well I guess I’ll just stay awake until midnight to check in. I better get a good boarding group. 😂😂😂 30 days, 2 hours and 38 minutes and counting.
I was in your shoes last month. Couple of words of wisdom: have copies of your PDF pictures of face and passport on different devices. If your computer locks up, use your phone/ iPad etc. short and sweet. Paying cash. Driving both ways.
Good luck. Even though I had issues, I got a decent PAT because we were all in the same boat. pun intended.
LOL

I have my iPad set up and my phone. I don’t think I’ll bother with the desktop. Too much work to add the pictures. If it all goes to crap then I guess I’ll just have more time at Royal Pacific that day! 😂😂

well that was a blank show, the blue circle of death for 45 minutes last night. 💀 I finally gave up and went to bed.

I tried again at 5:30am and it went through easily, I got a PAT for 12:00 to 12:15pm. I'm happy with that. :thumbsup2 In the future I will just do it in the morning. :)

I just want to verify what I have to do. My first cruise since Covid will be December 26 on the Wish. It shows that my activities booking window opens August 28. So I would need to make final payment before then but I could make final payment up until 60 days out if I don't care about booking activities. 30 days out I do online check in and get my port arrival time. Do I have this correct?

I just want to verify what I have to do. My first cruise since Covid will be December 26 on the Wish. It shows that my activities booking window opens August 28. So I would need to make final payment before then but I could make final payment up until 60 days out if I don't care about booking activities. 30 days out I do online check in and get my port arrival time. Do I have this correct?
Yes

Thank you to everyone on this thread, espeically @Doingitagain for the detailed list/instructions! I did online check in last night (well I guess this morning, lol) for my cruise next month and I felt so prepared! Still got the blue spinning wheel of death but at least I was able to navigate quickly through the screens when it was working properly. Seems like others on my sailing did not fare as well.

Thank you all for your help. Last night at midnight was my online check in and I was totally prepared bc of the DIS. Like others, I got the spinning wheel of death, had to enter our Passport info 3x and even got bumped out and had to re log in. Got an 11 am PAT and was back in bed by 12:40ish.

EDIT: I removed my original post because I was trying to do online check in da day early. So I get to wake up for a 5am on a Saturday (my time zone for 12am EST) :sad2:

UPDATE: Over slept this time so started the online check in 40mins later than planned but it's not working. Lots of blue circles and when the pages is ready it's just a save and close button or a continue button. Tried on phone and laptop and tried with VPN and without. When I tried to re-login on the website it says they are unable to retrieve reservation information at this time.

Last edited:
After about 3 hours the pages finally started loading correctly. I can't finish my check in because I don't have my ESTA approval yet and I need the expiry date and to take a picture of it. (I was wondering if they would let me submit an in process with an estimated expiry to amend when I get it approved but not sure without asking them).

At least I have Disney transport so the PAT isn't an issue as much but I wanted to use this as a test run in case I get a chance to go on a cruise again in case I didn't have Disney transport, so lesson learned.

Final update to this, I got my ESTA and completed online check in, I am Group 2. It's been a long week so I'm glad I check this off my list of things to do.

Last edited:
After about 3 hours the pages finally started loading correctly. I can't finish my check in because I don't have my ESTA approval yet and I need the expiry date and to take a picture of it. (I was wondering if they would let me submit an in process with an estimated expiry to amend when I get it approved but not sure without asking them).

At least I have Disney transport so the PAT isn't an issue as much but I wanted to use this as a test run in case I get a chance to go on a cruise again in case I didn't have Disney transport, so lesson learned.

Final update to this, I got my ESTA and completed online check in, I am Group 2. It's been a long week so I'm glad I check this off my list of things to do.
It took us 3 hours to check in starting at midnight EST. We got boarding group 7. I am seeing that some cruisers after us got a better boarding number. Pretty frustrating!

It took us 3 hours to check in starting at midnight EST. We got boarding group 7. I am seeing that some cruisers after us got a better boarding number. Pretty frustrating!
Well I'm glad it wasn't just me having issues but it sucks that you got group 7. I'm sure I've seen comments that people have been able to amend it later and get a better time/group, I hope you are able to.

Well I'm glad it wasn't just me having issues but it sucks that you got group 7. I'm sure I've seen comments that people have been able to amend it later and get a better time/group, I hope you are able to.
You are so sweet! Thanks! Fingers crossed.

I second checking back to see if you can get a better boarding time. Also, some cruisers that got better boarding numbers might be taking DCL transport from the resorts. I noticed that happened for my check in as well (people after me getting better groups) and it was usually if they were taking DCL transport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter