What are you getting your 11 year old boy for Christmas?

DS10 asked for the Ultimate Buzz Robot, tickets to go to movies, disney dollars, legos, cars, wii games, tools and wood kits. :lmao: He loves remote control stuff and the ultimate buzz can be programmed so my son is back into it. :cool1: I'm all for this!

Hmmm, you guys are giving me lots of good ideas for DS10.

So, now I need to decide on DS's "big" gift -- which sounds like the most fun -- a flip video camera? an ultimate buzz robot? or the giant snap circuits set?

Any thoughts?

Also, if I get the flip video, do I need to get anything to go with it? Software? A cord to connect it to the computer?

Oh, I guess I should add what he is getting:

A few new shirts (one that says "I solemnly swear I'm up to no good, and one from our local dog rescue that says "Dogs dig me").

A few books (not sure yet which ones, but the first book in a couple of different fantasy series)

Magic cards.

Something to do with vampires (if he canines grow in by then, I'll get him the mold your own vampire teeth which he wanted so badly for Halloween)

Something to do with german shephards (maybe a calendar with pictures)

a new bike (from Grandma)

snowboarding tickets

Cheetohs (the only thing he's actually asked for, he likes to be surprised).

A board game (not sure which one).

I'd love suggestions for board games, and books.

I got DS12 a pair of night vision binoculars. He also wants a microscope. I like the Snap Circut. I might get that too!

Mickey'snewestfan

No, you don't need anything else for the Flip or Small Wonder..that is the best thing about these kinds of cameras...they have built in connectors that "flip out" of the camera itself so you can plug it into any computer..they also have their own built in software....They are WONDERFUL...my son and his friends have more fun with the thing...highly recommend.:thumbsup2

Mickey'snewestfan

No, you don't need anything else for the Flip or Small Wonder..that is the best thing about these kinds of cameras...they have built in connectors that "flip out" of the camera itself so you can plug it into any computer..they also have their own built in software....They are WONDERFUL...my son and his friends have more fun with the thing...highly recommend.:thumbsup2

The Small Wonder is cheaper -- is there any reason to get the FLIP or can I stick with the Small Wonder?

you know, I cannot speak for the Flip, but I bought my son the Small Wonder for Christmas last year and he loves it...it is so easy to use and works great...I was torn with this decision as well..I read tons of reviews on each..I started on Amazon and then went from there...

From what I read, I don't think you will be sorry with either choice.

If anyone is looking for another book series for boys, check out the 39 Clues books. They come with clue cards and you can register online for missions and more clues. 6 books in the series so far. My DS is hooked! You can actually win prizes online too. It appears tobe a responsible site so far. He couldn't continue w/o my permission through email and all email will come through me.

How old is your son? I almost bought these at the school book fair but someone told me they did not read well and were not a good series. Something to do with each book is by a different author and the story did not make sense or wasnt consistent with each book. However, the reviews on them are good.

How old is your son? I almost bought these at the school book fair but someone told me they did not read well and were not a good series. Something to do with each book is by a different author and the story did not make sense or wasnt consistent with each book. However, the reviews on them are good.

I'm not the one who posted about these, but my DS started this series on his tenth birthday and really likes it. His older 13yo sister read them and liked them as well.

DS11 is getting Legos, two air-soft guns, Subjumpa for the pool, GForce XBox 360 game, a Sharper Image robot car

I'm so glad to hear that Small Wonder is a good video camera. I bought 2 of the HD cameras from HSN a few months ago. The package came with software and a 4g memory card for $129. They may be cheaper now. It looks very simple to use, my boys have been bugging me of a camcorder they can use on the computer, so I bought these for DGma to give them.

DS10 is asking for a ping pong table. We're also thinking about a bowling bowl as he loves all the fancy ones at the local bowling alley. He's got way too many video games and really want to get him something more active.

I teach at the 6th grade level - tech deck is "in" at our school - which I find HILARIOUS - as my 21 yr old was "into" these in6th grade - me? I dont get it at all!!

for books - the series Cirque de Freak is really big - and they are making one of the books in the series into a movie that is going to be released - friday

Oldest DS got an Archery set when he turned 12. A real one not the cheapy plastic thing with suction cups. That was a huge hit.

Thanks for this suggestion! I'm following this thread for my DS9 but stealing this idea for DD13! :thumbsup2

I ordered two Marshmallow shooters for my DS9 and DS11 yesterday. If they hold up, they look like they could be fun.

I ordered two Marshmallow shooters for my DS9 and DS11 yesterday. If they hold up, they look like they could be fun.

We got the marshmallow bow & arrow for DS and nephew two years ago. They were fun but finicky; the marshmallows had to be exactly the right shape or they would stick in the chamber. Also make sure to empty all marshmallows out when they stop playing - dried ones get really stuck in there. DS's broke within the week, too :sad2: Hope your experience is better!

He is ten. I think it is the whole online/clue card/detective angle to it.

We got the marshmallow bow & arrow for DS and nephew two years ago. They were fun but finicky; the marshmallows had to be exactly the right shape or they would stick in the chamber. Also make sure to empty all marshmallows out when they stop playing - dried ones get really stuck in there. DS's broke within the week, too :sad2: Hope your experience is better!

Thanks for the tips! I hope they hold out better, too. The bow and arrow looked like fun, I almost got that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter