What are you getting your 11 year old boy for Christmas?

Yes, I heard the new one is better than the Vulcan, also. I heard the Vulcan jammed a lot and used lots of batteries. I've seen the new one at Costco (or Sam's) can't remember which. Plus, I think Toys R Us has buy the gun and get some free ammo this week. My DS wants the new one, too.

I'm trying to think of a game I can suggest my dad to buy ds11 -- they like to play things together -- but it can't be too complicated (my dad is 73, and not going to enjoy learning something with lots of levels, characters or rules). They play checkers and Uno, so something in that vein? Is the new Connect 4 too easy for an 11 yr. old? I'm also trying to find something in the under $25 range...

TIA!
Maria :upsidedow

I'm trying to think of a game I can suggest my dad to buy ds11 -- they like to play things together -- but it can't be too complicated (my dad is 73, and not going to enjoy learning something with lots of levels, characters or rules). They play checkers and Uno, so something in that vein? Is the new Connect 4 too easy for an 11 yr. old? I'm also trying to find something in the under $25 range...

TIA!

Battleship or the electronic banking Monopoly are 2 that pop into my head. My 8 y/o is wanting to get Mousetrap and Piranha Panic, but those might be too easy for an 11 y/o.

TIA!
Some great games are Trouble and Sorry. There are even some themed versions of Sorry...got the Simpsons one for my dh last year for Christmas.

TIA!

Good two-player games are hard to find. Try Quoridor - it's a lot of fun, very easy to learn, and can be simple or quite challenging depending on your strategy and your opponent. My dad plays it with our kids (9-17).

Worfiedoodles--what about Mexican Train dominoes? DS10 enjoys this, as well as the whole family--all ages.

TIA!

Battleship, Mastermind, Scrabble, Bannagrams, Yahtzee, Boggle and SkipBo all come to mind as games in that vein that work well for only 2 players.

I've read the whole thread but it's been awhile...does anyone have Tracksters? I bought one today for a 9 year old. The owner of the toy store said they're really hot this season.

They look like hotwheels but they have a code you can use online to "trick" out your vehicle and race. I guess it's similar to Webkins.

www.tracksters.com

I just purchased the Ripley's 2010 book off Amazon!

Recently I came to know that there is a website named AmazingWatcher.Com which is a free website that will “watch” items for you on Amazon and let you know when amazon has them in stock at regular retail price.It got so awesome!
Good luck everybody!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter